GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer #109620
10/22/05 01:10 PM
10/22/05 01:10 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mome:
I'm here now, finally & already I've got a stupid problem. First of all I am carrying my dirty brown slate (I know the WT said to put it on the pedestal but somehow I ignored that) am in the control room have moved to sliders
did you notice the power come on when you adjusted those two slider/toggle switches? It's pretty unmistakable when the power comes on... the lights in the room come up and there is a sort of dial around the big greenish window that starts to spin around. The telescope controls will not work until you do this.

Quote:
gone back out climbed stairs to blocked path, gone back down to control room, gone up red lit stairs, moved left slider up & middle slider to R, but don't see a green button to push.
So, up the stairs there are four telescope controls.. make sure you are at the one on the RIGHT at the BACK.. if you've successfully turned the power on.. move the telescope up-and-down slider all the way to the top.. you should see a green button begin to glow when you move that slider.. push the glowing button .. it controls the cables to that telescope, and will lift the cables and debris up out of the way

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer #109621
10/22/05 01:15 PM
10/22/05 01:15 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Mome,

I don't think you have the power on.

Check around back of the room for a bluish round screen. The left lever needs to go up halfway and the right lever all the way to the right (I think). Then the rings will rotate and lights come up.

Then go try that broken machine again.

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer #109622
10/22/05 05:03 PM
10/22/05 05:03 PM
Houston TX
Mome Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mome  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Houston TX
I ended up having to set the left lever to the middle & the right lever to the right to get the thing to work. anyway I went on & have just drawn the next picture on the slate (big circle w/lines out of on top & bottom. surprisingly the Bahro liked it the first time & I pressed the new sign on the pedestal & ended up in a red room talking to Esher again. He left me there & now I don't know where I am or how to et out or where I am supposed to go. the WT didn't tell me anything about this!!!

Mome

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer #109623
10/22/05 05:36 PM
10/22/05 05:36 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mome:
I ended up having to set the left lever to the middle & the right lever to the right to get the thing to work. anyway I went on & have just drawn the next picture on the slate (big circle w/lines out of on top & bottom. surprisingly the Bahro liked it the first time & I pressed the new sign on the pedestal & ended up in a red room talking to Esher again. He left me there & now I don't know where I am or how to et out or where I am supposed to go. the WT didn't tell me anything about this!!!

Mome
This sounds rather suspiciously like the Bahro has misinterpreted your drawing of the third pedestal symbol, as the Keep pedestal.. the place you are describing and Esher's speech in the red carpeted room is definitely the Todelmer Keep.

I'd suggest, if you want to play through the regular way, to go back to a savepoint earlier.. because if you are at the Keep, then your slate is now mounted on the Keep pedestal and there is no way to get it off.. as soon as you touch the thing it will move down and unlock it's arm from the tablet, and then you are essentially done with Todelmer.

PS. there is a particular bug in the Todelmer world btw, and is well documented over at the Myst forums.. apparently some people were even drawing a pacman symbol on their slates.. and being catapaulted to the finish of Todelmer because the Bahro interpreted it as the Keep symbol.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer #109624
10/24/05 12:17 PM
10/24/05 12:17 PM
Houston TX
Mome Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mome  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Houston TX
Well, I started over AGAIN, from the red control room, powered up, etc went thru all things & am now at the tram which I can't get into, moved the lever in the blue lit building to the left & pulled down center lever, & still the tram is too far down to get into. Also have set all the coordinates, etc. What have I left out? Or where do I need to go back to?

thanks

Mome

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer #109625
10/24/05 02:04 PM
10/24/05 02:04 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Mome, you probably have to move the tram a little farthe LEFT with those same controls. With the top lever set LEFT, pull the center lever down, wait for it to stop, then pull it down once more. I think it will stop making motor noise after the tram is all the way back.

Have fun,

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer #109626
10/24/05 06:12 PM
10/24/05 06:12 PM
Houston TX
Mome Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mome  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Houston TX
I am NOT having fun Dadguy. There are now 2 slab looking things over the tram??? I must need to go back even further, maybe I didn't set a coordinate correctly??? In the red room there is a power spot that has 2 sets of little figures (coordinates) maybe I did something wrong there?

Thanks

Mome

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer #109627
10/24/05 11:22 PM
10/24/05 11:22 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
I don't know what you mean about the two slab looking things. Maybe you are referring to the cables that block you way up the path. They can be removed by setting the controls on the "broken" machine to the settings that the walkthrough recommends so you can get back up to the tram setting device.

Let us know hat you find.

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer #109628
10/25/05 10:07 AM
10/25/05 10:07 AM
Houston TX
Mome Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mome  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Houston TX
Sorry Dadguy, I'm finding myself getting hysterical with this game & probably not making myself clear!!! What I am seeing at the tram are 2 concrete steps/slabs that are covering the tram. They were not there before I went back & moved the lever in the blue house to the left & moved the central lever up & down twice. I'll go back & move the lever to the right & see if that does anything.

thanks

Mome

EDIT - Since I am having sooo much trouble getting on the tram am I able to go to one of the other 2 ages & come back to todelmer?? If so, how do I do it.

Thanks

Mome

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Todelmer #109629
10/25/05 05:39 PM
10/25/05 05:39 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Those slabs are what you walk on to get into the Tram. You walk onto the near one to the middle of it, then search for the hot spot (below you) where the ladder is, then click to look down, then click the next hotspot to decend the ladder.

You cannot move the tram back to the right or you will not be able to walk on the concrete slab. Move it all the way to the left.

Sure, you can go to the Ages in any order then come back later.

Good luck,

Dadguy

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Graphium_Studio), 230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users