GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Announcing MYHA - A Myst Like Adventure Game #1096186
01/11/17 12:47 AM
01/11/17 12:47 AM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
Hi Simon,
Thank you SO much for this gem of a game. I love it since I'm such a "Mystaholic". I don't know if this is the place to ask for help with this game--BUT here goes anyway: Near the end of the game, the walkthrough mentions that I should "take the colored stones out of my inventory" to place them somewhere. In MY game there have been no colored stones in the inventory since the beginning, and no mention of how to acquire them during gameplay. I would appreciate some help from you, if at all possible. BTW, I'm playing "CATYPH", as well, Purchased from Steam about a week ago. Good luck on your future endeavors.
Sandy

Re: Announcing MYHA - A Myst Like Adventure Game [Re: sanford] #1096342
01/12/17 05:54 AM
01/12/17 05:54 AM
S
Simon Offline
Settled Boomer
Simon  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

Hi sanford,

I'm glad you asked about Myha!

So the colored stones: they're hidden in the stasis pod. I don't know exactly where you are near the end, but you should be able to reach this device through a kind of tunnel, after opening the last portal with a password.
When you are in front of the stasis pod, you have to do some pixel hunt to find a hatch on the metallic structure on the left. The cursor will change, it's a small hotspot (probably the most unfair part of the game...)
Inside this hatch you'll find the next puzzle and the colored stones.

If you liked Myha after you finish it, you might be happy to discover "Myha Realtime", a fanmade project in full 3D, created by Denis Martin with the Unreal game engine (Denis is the creator of the RoonSehv series, which I highly recommend to Mystholic people!).
Myha Realtime is a free game he made in 6 days for the BlackCube Jam in last December, so it's not a remake of the original Myha (yet), but it's interesting to discover the Myha island differently I think smile It's more a technical demo, but it's cool, just like realMyst!
Anyway you can find 6 short free games in total, all created during the BlackCube Jam here (including Myha Realtime):
http://jams.gamejolt.io/blackcube2016/games
I highly recommend playing also: The Ruins of Riddoh, and "3"

I hope to read your opinion about Catyph soon! Let me know what you think. Good luck and have fun!

PS: Thanks a lot to my friend Paupasia who told me about your message here (I would probably have seen it much later without her notification).
Please everyone if you have questions and if I don't reply, get in touch with me directly by email, and I will do my best to help you!

Re: Announcing MYHA - A Myst Like Adventure Game [Re: sanford] #1096350
01/12/17 08:29 AM
01/12/17 08:29 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the help.

luck Sandy.

Re: Announcing MYHA - A Myst Like Adventure Game [Re: Simon] #1096437
01/12/17 10:42 PM
01/12/17 10:42 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
Hi Simon,
Thank you so much for posting this here. I had all but given up on this game until now. So I went back to my last savegame which was at the point where I was standing in front of the pod. I DID find that hotspot, did the colored stones puzzle successfully (thanks to the walkthrough), and now I'm looking at the once-hidden keyboard looking at the super-imposed grids, a handle at the top, and the number keys. I can't interact with the grids at all, but only with the handle and keys. I did click on the keys in the order of: 3 1 8 2, pulled the handle and got "wrong password". I must be missing something here, but I have no idea what that is.I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do, so maybe you can explain it to me?
Oh YES, my thanks to Paupasia for spotting my "plea for help" and passing it along to you.
HAPPY GAMING,
Sandy

Re: Announcing MYHA - A Myst Like Adventure Game [Re: sanford] #1096537
01/13/17 02:31 PM
01/13/17 02:31 PM
S
Simon Offline
Settled Boomer
Simon  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

You're welcome MaG!

Hi sanford, I think I explained all my best in the walkthrough... It's difficult for me to be more accurate in English, I'm sorry. As explained (here http://www.theblackcube.fr/myha-walkthrough.html) you have to super-impose the grids that you created before, during the rest of the game. It's a bit complicated because you have to mix all the notes you took on paper normally.

However you tried the password 3 1 8 2, and in fact you simply didn't read the table in the right direction smile
You read the lines while you're supposed to read the raws. It gives: 2 8 3 1

You were almost there wink
Enjoy the short ending movie!

Re: Announcing MYHA - A Myst Like Adventure Game [Re: Simon] #1096605
01/13/17 11:27 PM
01/13/17 11:27 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
Simon,
Thank you so much for that "gentle hint" which put me over the top towards the finish of the game, and I DID enjoy the ending, as short as it was. I have only one more question, though: What is a "raw"?
Now i'm going back to playing the rest of Catyph.
HAPPY GAMING!
Sandy

Re: Announcing MYHA - A Myst Like Adventure Game [Re: sanford] #1096684
01/14/17 05:27 PM
01/14/17 05:27 PM
S
Simon Offline
Settled Boomer
Simon  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

Haha, sorry I simply meant rows! *Rows and columns*, instead of the meaningless "lines and raws" razz

It's great to know that you liked Myha, and to read players feedback. It is encouraging me for my future games, and I can try to save the good ideas and forget the wrong ones.

Now that the games are released and that it is easier to evaluate the finished products, what I would change in Catyph is the gameplay first, and if it was possible I would replace it with 360° views like in Myha.
However it's not the same engine in the 2 games. In Catyph I could work in HD but panoramic views were not supported, while Myha had this feature but the resolution was very limited. That's why I decided to include the video transitions in Catyph, but it doesn't work as well as I had hoped.
Anyway, what's done is done, and I know I did my best smile

Yes you're right, HAPPY GAMING!
Cheers

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (soot, Winfrey), 288 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users