GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: DNS Server [Re: oldbroad] #1116968
07/08/17 11:50 AM
07/08/17 11:50 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline OP
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I don't know what it is, it hasn't said anything about the DNS server again these last 2 nights. It is working fine so far today. Maybe it is a "night time" thing. Of course I forgot to print out the information from your link.

I know the best way to find out if it is my internet provider is to call them but I usually feel my blood pressure rising when I have to talk to them about anything smile so I just try to ride it out and hope it goes away soon.

Thanks Jenny!

Re: DNS Server [Re: oldbroad] #1117009
07/08/17 08:34 PM
07/08/17 08:34 PM
Rockland, Ontario, Canada
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Rockland, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: oldbroad
Maybe it is a "night time" thing.

I know the best way to find out if it is my internet provider is to call them but I usually feel my blood pressure rising when I have to talk to them about anything smile so I just try to ride it out and hope it goes away soon.

Thanks Jenny!

1) Take a high blood pressure pill and 2)Take the advice of the Wise Moderators and CALL your Provider 3)I had this Nighttime problem and after calling and insisting that something be done, they finally changed the *wires on the telephone polls and all has been working A1 for the past 2 years even during heavy storms.

So put pressure on your Provider and if you have to threaten to change providers, Do So, and I would imagine that you living in Chicago you Must have choices of providers, unless of course you are living is a Rural area of Chicago where there is little competition.
All said and done, Do Not Put up with this, you don't deserve that and you should have better service.

Good luck in resolving your problem.

*Note: This is a problem I was having at my cottage with a DSL provider.

Re: DNS Server [Re: oldbroad] #1117020
07/08/17 11:08 PM
07/08/17 11:08 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline OP
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Hi Starcom. Internet seems to be in and out again tonight so I'm glad to see I am not the only one with a "nighttime" problem. The funny thing is I never had much problems with my service before but they actually put a new telephone pole in the alley a few months ago. The old one is still there as well and they are very close together, more so than any others. Don't know why they put the new one up but I wonder if IT is the problem. Weird. I guess I will end up calling soon. Right now, as I type, I can see that it is out again (by the little icon in my task bar). I will wait to hit submit so I don't lose my post.

Thanks!

Re: DNS Server [Re: oldbroad] #1117033
07/09/17 06:24 AM
07/09/17 06:24 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
OldBroad I had a similar problem last year when ATT sold to Frontier. My internet kept dropping off. I finally called and they tried to walk me thru to get it to connect and it didn't work.

They sent out a tech who installed a new modem. Worked for a couple minutes and dropped off. He talked with their "Step 2" tech Support who could see my connection would not stay connected.

Tech 2 Support said it was a "Captive Portal Issue". To fix it the tech changed the password for frontier and "forced" the set up to accept the password. Apparently it was a security issue and for whatever reason it didn't like the original password Frontier used and the tech 2 Support could actually see it accept the password and then drop off the internet. Once he forced it to stay on (I don't know how) it has been okay.

I think you should call because it's not going to fix itself!

Gerry
Re: DNS Server [Re: oldbroad] #1117090
07/09/17 04:40 PM
07/09/17 04:40 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline OP
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Kaki's Sister!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Draclvr, 1 invisible), 232 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users