GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: MYST V End of Ages #109686
10/01/05 01:59 PM
10/01/05 01:59 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Betty,

Run the heat again to see the path. Then pick up the slate and take it with you. You will have 90 seconds to get across... don't fall off the path or you'll have to try again.

Dadguy

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109688
10/01/05 06:02 PM
10/01/05 06:02 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Thanks drdel, makes perfect sense. My next question is, if I have been successful with my drawing on my slate, and all the 6 valves up on the hill are set to the right, and I can see steam rising off across the lake, BUT I have not set the 3 blue dot levers to the correct positions, how do I reset those blue dot levers to r, l, l or do I have to 'backtrack' and start this sequence over again.....?
Love, Betty Lou

I am 'the HAT lady"! and "who loves ya BABY?!"
Re: MYST V End of Ages #109689
10/01/05 06:11 PM
10/01/05 06:11 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Betty Lou Brewer Jones:
Thanks drdel, makes perfect sense. My next question is, if I have been successful with my drawing on my slate, and all the 6 valves up on the hill are set to the right, and I can see steam rising off across the lake, BUT I have not set the 3 blue dot levers to the correct positions, how do I reset those blue dot levers to r, l, l or do I have to 'backtrack' and start this sequence over again.....?
Love, Betty Lou
Use your slate and heat symbol to have the Bahro turn the heat on..go over to the blue switches, they should come up when the heat is on..and just adjust them to the correct orientation. (I think! laugh )

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109690
10/01/05 06:37 PM
10/01/05 06:37 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Nope, doesn't work that way. Found out I need to start this sequence over again, redraw my heat symbol, drop slate, wait for Bahro to accept and take it, turn to blue levers and set them correctly then run over to red ones and set them correctly also, and take another 'picture' to save where I am.....just dropping the slate to start the heat/steam does not do it cause the bacteria path does not grow where I need it to be. That's OK, will redo it in a bit, need a break for a bit now. Thanks for your help.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109691
10/01/05 07:12 PM
10/01/05 07:12 PM
home
Vanje Offline
Shy Boomer
Vanje  Offline
Shy Boomer

home
I just started Playing This game and am liking it so far. However, as with ever Myst game I've tried I get stuck in the early puzzle in an age and can't solve it so the game remains unfinished for me.
Anyhow, I am at the frozen lake and have dropped the slate. When I go to the pipe area with the blue dots, I am having trouble manuvering the levers. Especially the first one it wont go to the right only left and center. I am using a cordless mouse, do you think that is the problem? Is there a saved game (to be sent) on this? my luck probably not!

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109692
10/01/05 08:40 PM
10/01/05 08:40 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Nope, doesn't work that way. Found out I need to start this sequence over again, redraw my heat symbol, drop slate, wait for Bahro to accept and take it,
okie, I'm not sure why you need to redraw the symbol though. Once you've done this successfully, there should be a little icon of it on the bottom left of the slate; you can just clear the slate, touch that little icon, and the slate will redraw the picture for you. In fact, if you have that icon recorded already on the slate, and try redrawing it yourself, you may have problems getting Bahro to respond, as I gathered from some people's posts that they were experiencing that problem..seems it confuses the Bahro.

Quote:
turn to blue levers and set them correctly then run over to red ones and set them correctly also, and take another 'picture' to save where I am.....just dropping the slate to start the heat/steam does not do it cause the bacteria path does not grow where I need it to be. That's OK, will redo it in a bit, need a break for a bit now. Thanks for your help.
Love, Betty Lou
yep, you'll definitely have to reorient your switches if they aren't correct, in order to get the bacteria path (bacteria path, that just sounds sick doesn't it?!). I went back and fiddled with this; the switches do come back up when you drop your heat symbol for the Bahro; I think a person could probably re-adjust them without doing the whole segment over.

anyways, let us know how it goes. smile

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109693
10/01/05 08:43 PM
10/01/05 08:43 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanje:
I just started Playing This game and am liking it so far. However, as with ever Myst game I've tried I get stuck in the early puzzle in an age and can't solve it so the game remains unfinished for me.
Anyhow, I am at the frozen lake and have dropped the slate. When I go to the pipe area with the blue dots, I am having trouble manuvering the levers. Especially the first one it wont go to the right only left and center. I am using a cordless mouse, do you think that is the problem? Is there a saved game (to be sent) on this? my luck probably not!
Vanje,
several of us have noted this problem also. It seems to work better if you put your cursor closer to the round part of the switch and pull it over to which side you want the switch to go. I have a cordless mouse (despite my avatar! laugh ) and I have no trouble if I put my cursor closer to the round part.

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109694
10/02/05 01:16 AM
10/02/05 01:16 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Ah, what a little time and space away from the stuckedness can do for ones perspective and thinking machine - I had the red and blue levers switched and that is why I was not getting my bacteria to grow so I could use it/them for a path across that lake....have since rectified this problem, have finished crossing and listened to Esher and linked back to the 'envelope' bubble but after drawing the Keep symbol, 2 stacked longish rectangles joined together and with a smaller 'base' they sit on, drop it and the Bahro picks up my slate, puts it back on the pedestal, and I go in to click on the Keep symbol on the pedestal, my slate is clean and there is no Keep symbol on the blasted pedestal. What can I be doing wrong? One thing I notice is that when I drop the slate and exit the bubble I am still in the ice Age, not Denibo with the bridges, I can see them but they appear not to be there.....? Anyone else have trouble with this one? Can't believe my Bahro is being so fussy so it must be that I am doing something else wrong.....HELP! and good night all.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109695
10/02/05 07:43 AM
10/02/05 07:43 AM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Ah, what a little time and space away from the stuckedness can do for ones perspective and thinking machine - I had the red and blue levers switched and that is why I was not getting my bacteria to grow so I could use it/them for a path across that lake....have since rectified this problem, have finished crossing and listened to Esher and linked back to the 'envelope' bubble but after drawing the Keep symbol, 2 stacked longish rectangles joined together and with a smaller 'base' they sit on, drop it and the Bahro picks up my slate, puts it back on the pedestal, and I go in to click on the Keep symbol on the pedestal, my slate is clean and there is no Keep symbol on the blasted pedestal. What can I be doing wrong? One thing I notice is that when I drop the slate and exit the bubble I am still in the ice Age, not Denibo with the bridges, I can see them but they appear not to be there.....? Anyone else have trouble with this one? Can't believe my Bahro is being so fussy so it must be that I am doing something else wrong.....HELP! and good night all.
Love, Betty Lou
For the Keep thing; did you do the other pedestal that is on the far side too? It is the one near the tombs with a circle and one straight and two bent lines coming down from it?
I did that one first. Bahro picked it up and put it on that pedestal, and made a link to it on the first pedestal in the bubble in the ice cave. So, I was able to link there, and pick up the slate.
Next I made the Keep symbol while being able to look directly at the thing across the gap.. dropped it there and backed up toward the pond so the Bahro could come and he picked it up..I ran up a bit and there he was putting it on the Keep pedestal.
A number of people though have said they've had problems with this Keep symbol. I found it helped to make the two large rectangles quite thick and the adjoining ones thin and narrow. It also helps I understand, if you try to fill the slate with the drawing, don't make it too smallish.

As for the bubble thing, if you want to go back to Direbo, touch the symbol for Direbo on the first pedestal - it is in the center, with three long, narrow rectangles upright and lines coming down from them. Once you're in Direbo within the bubble, you can turn and exit to the linking book.

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109697
10/02/05 07:37 PM
10/02/05 07:37 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Well, I have tried following both the w/t and your instructions and am left wondering just who appointed my Bahro as an art critic or judge...who the heck does he think he is anyway? I have drawn this stack of stones every which way but sideways and am totally sick of it at this point....could be I am not in a good mood because of this allergy/cold thing I seem to be having right now. He is just to ding-dang fussy! I'm about ready to seek some lumber, nails and a hammer to build myself a bridge over to the Keep....maybe I will do better tomorrow. Thanks for your help tho, great directions, finally got the (frozen lake) symbol on my pedestal, just having a devil of a time with The Keep symbol.
Love, Betty Lou frown

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109701
10/02/05 08:20 PM
10/02/05 08:20 PM
home
Vanje Offline
Shy Boomer
Vanje  Offline
Shy Boomer

home
Drdel,Thanks for the help on the frozen lake /heat thing. I finally got the blue and orange levers to move correctly. Now I am in the red control room and I have a couple of questions. at the green light round thing when I move the 2 levers below it not too much seems to happen. I can see a very faint changing sorta stripes inside the globe move a bit.
So I'm not sure if that is what it is supposed to do. Next at the controls in the center I have moved both sliders and am looking for a green button - I'm sorry I totally can't find a green button in fact I cant find any button.

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109702
10/02/05 08:28 PM
10/02/05 08:28 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Vanje,

You are in Todelmer now?

Have you turned on power in the room (Look around back of the room in a circular hallway)?

Experiment with the two levers to get the brightest light from the blue screen to get power ON.

Dadguy

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109703
10/02/05 08:29 PM
10/02/05 08:29 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanje:
Drdel,Thanks for the help on the frozen lake /heat thing. I finally got the blue and orange levers to move correctly. Now I am in the red control room and I have a couple of questions. at the green light round thing when I move the 2 levers below it not too much seems to happen. I can see a very faint changing sorta stripes inside the globe move a bit.
So I'm not sure if that is what it is supposed to do. Next at the controls in the center I have moved both sliders and am looking for a green button - I'm sorry I totally can't find a green button in fact I cant find any button.
Okay, so you are on to Todelmer now right? I'm wondering if we should have you open your own Myst V thread vanje since Betty Lou is probably going to come back here and see something she doesn't want to see just yet? wink

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109704
10/03/05 10:14 AM
10/03/05 10:14 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Good morning Dadguy and drdel. Thanks for the pictures of the stacked rocks. I am going to redraw it/them again and check something else before I redo it again and again, maybe I have not been checking the right pedestal, forgot to look at the one by the hut on the other side of the lake, maybe I will find The Keep symbol there? Or not, so will just have to keep trying to please this stinky little art critic until I get his approval laugh rotfl I wonder just how 'great' his artistic endeavors are! laugh Thanks again. See ya around (I know I will be back here soon).
Love, Betty Lou

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109705
10/03/05 11:31 AM
10/03/05 11:31 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I GOT IT! FINALLY! And the only thing I did differently, after checking 3 pedestals and realizing that they symbol I needed was to be on the pedestal in the bubble, was chose a different place to stand to drop my slate...instead of taking two steps up to the edge of the abyss before the Keep, I only took one step so I was very close to the 'spider' pedestal, there is where I drew and dropped the slate, then I linked back to the triangle pedestal in the bubble and there was my slate and my symbol on the pedestal for the Keep! woozy Made me kinda dizzy going round and round and round like that. And you know what, my drawing that the silly ole Bahro finally accepted was not that good a drawing, kinda crooked and not so straight lines, but what the heck, if he was happy so am I.
Am now STUCK in Todelmer trying to get a reaction from that "green light at your right side"...I move the left lever to the top position (it must be at the top it won't go up any further) and (the green light dims or gets brighter as I move the lever) then I move the right lever to the middle position (seems to be the middle) and the light also dims or brightens, but there is no "inner ring of the device starts to turn" there is no turning of anything at all. And when I go back out to the control room and try to reset the controls on the right side back of that platform nothing happens, there is no green button to push. There are 3 buttons on that device but they do not light up green or any other color, they just sit there in their rusty condition and do nothing. What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing? When I set the green light back wall behind the control panels I come out and do hear a loud machinery noise like something is working somewhere...very confusing
Love, Betty Lou :kiss:
P.S. I told you I would be back laugh

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109707
10/03/05 01:38 PM
10/03/05 01:38 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Betty,

Congrats on getting to the Keep!

Todelmer: That round display (looks bluish to me) around the back of the red room is the power startup. To turn power on you have to get the brightest light from the round display. You'll know power is ON because the lights come up and the outer ring rotates.

I had success with the LEFT lever at 50% (midway) and the RIGHT lever at 100% (all the way up).

Try it.

Then, with power, you should get some reaction from the four coordinate setting machines and the Green light should activate when a change is mad to a setting.

Dadguy

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109708
10/03/05 02:26 PM
10/03/05 02:26 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Good work on finishing Tahgira (or however that's spelled!) Betty Lou.

Follow dadguy's instructions..when that thing comes on you'll know, and you will see an inner ring or dial around the green/bluish light turning too. laugh

PS. the green buttons don't activate on the telescope setting devices until the power is on, and until you shift their direction using the vertical and horizontal sliders.

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109709
10/04/05 10:53 AM
10/04/05 10:53 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Thanks drdel. Once I got it thru my thick head that the 'switches' regulated the amount of brightness or dimness on that 'porthole' screen I got it to work just fine. Your explanation was a big help. Now I am upstairs outside trying to adjust my telescope so that I can see that little light out there on that other pillar, and want to get a view of my next drawing for my slate, having trouble focusing in on it for some reason, just have to keep trying I guess. Having read others threads on this part I guess I could just go ahead and draw it without actually seeing it since I have Bert's w/t and pictures of it, but I would like to get a peek at it too. Will keep trying and come back later when I get stuck again.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109710
10/04/05 05:53 PM
10/04/05 05:53 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Through stubborn persistanceness I finally saw the pedestal and symbol out there on that pillar, took me a while to get it all oriented, but I finally did it. Now, I have returned down, down, down to the bubble on this 1st pillar (the big one with the telescope) and have attempted to draw the 4 circles connected with 3 legs on my slate but my Bahro does not like my drawing which I have to say looks a lot better than Bert's does in his w/t. So, just where am I supposed to drop my slate, inside the bubble? just outside the bubble? or where. I take 2 steps towards the steps going up so I am not too close and after watching him come twice to look at my drawing and second time he puts my slate up on the pedestal inside the bubble, when I go there there is no new symbol on the pedestal for me to link out to pillar #2. What is it I am doing wrong? Please help
Love, Betty Lou

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109711
10/04/05 06:44 PM
10/04/05 06:44 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Hey Betty Lou,
Doubt you are doing a thing wrong.. Bahro just a fussy brat! I found this sign a little finicky too.. make the side arms not too far out from the center vertical line.. and I tried to make the circles roughly same size..seemed to help.

I did same as you, dropped the slate pretty much by the bubble, then I backed up two steps toward the stairs to watch the Bahro do his thing.

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109712
10/04/05 07:49 PM
10/04/05 07:49 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Hey DrDel happydance laugh I did it! The secret for me was not how good or exceptional my drawing is/was - these Bahro's apparently cannot draw as good as the worst drawers here on GB. They are fussy as to WHERE you drop your slate! I searched out C. Buda's walkthrough to see what he has to say about this (and other) sequences and he describes a slightly different approach to this puzzle, check it out on gameover (I think) if you are interested in his approach. I dropped my crude drawing outside that "dome" and stepped over to the telescope, and checked in the eyepiece after he took my slate and sure enough there is is/was! On the pedestal of pillar #2! Oh Joy laugh that makes me feel so good.
I have a strange situation here after drawing the next symbol the 2 circles with one arm on the right upraised and only one leg - After linking to pillar #3 (? I think that is where I am) both Bert and Coehlo do not describe what I am experiencing...I am able to climb down a ladder to the tram platform and turn around and climb up the other ladder to the center where the dome is, have entered and found Esher (once) and do not see the need to raise or lower the trolley any more. However I do not know how to get it to take me anywhere...this is so confusing - there are 2 pedestals? and I need to do all that linking back and forth and around and around to find the second pedestal? Going to take a break now for a bit, what with this cold and my sore throat these 2 w/t's are making me dizzy~ woozy lol woozy Will be back later to see if anyone can make some sense of this/these for me. See ya later, gator! laugh
Love, Betty Lou

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109713
10/04/05 09:03 PM
10/04/05 09:03 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Hey DrDel happydance laugh I did it! The secret for me was not how good or exceptional my drawing is/was - these Bahro's apparently cannot draw as good as the worst drawers here on GB. They are fussy as to WHERE you drop your slate! I searched out C. Buda's walkthrough to see what he has to say about this (and other) sequences and he describes a slightly different approach to this puzzle, check it out on gameover (I think) if you are interested in his approach. I dropped my crude drawing outside that "dome" and stepped over to the telescope, and checked in the eyepiece after he took my slate and sure enough there is is/was! On the pedestal of pillar #2! Oh Joy laugh that makes me feel so good.
Good stuff Betty Lou! laugh
I don't think the location you drop it is so important, but the important thing is that it worked for you. But it is fun to drop them by the telescopes where you can see a given pedestal.. if you are quick enough to peek through them again, you can actually see silly Bahro putting the slate on the pedestal! I thought that was quite funny! lol

Quote:
I have a strange situation here after drawing the next symbol the 2 circles with one arm on the right upraised and only one leg - After linking to pillar #3 (? I think that is where I am) both Bert and Coehlo do not describe what I am experiencing...I am able to climb down a ladder to the tram platform and turn around and climb up the other ladder to the center where the dome is, have entered and found Esher (once) and do not see the need to raise or lower the trolley any more. However I do not know how to get it to take me anywhere...this is so confusing - there are 2 pedestals? and I need to do all that linking back and forth and around and around to find the second pedestal?
I'm a little confused too smile I don't know what the two chaps are saying in their walkthroughs.
As for pedestals, there is pedestal #1 in the bubble where you linked in on (the pillar where the Red Room and telescope controls are); pedestal #2 with the top circle, three lines and three circles; and pedestal #3 with the two concentric circles, one line off to upper right and one line down. There is only one more pedestal, that is the Keep pedestal, and it isn't on the third pillar.

You did turn the power on in the second dome yes? You will need to do that to get the tram to go anywhere. You'll need to ride the tram to get the final telescope setting, and also, inside the second dome on that third pillar, there is another slate symbol that you'll need in order to finish solving this world and to be able to locate and see the Keep symbol.

smile

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109714
10/04/05 10:11 PM
10/04/05 10:11 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hi gang,

I'll add one more thing to DrDel's last part of his last post.

The reason you can't get down to the Tram from Pedestal #3 location is that the tram was pulled out so you could rotate the gear on Pillar #1 so you could see the symbol on pedestal #2 from the telescope.

So, you won't be able to get into the building on the pillar with pedestal #3 until you return the tram to the dock on pillar #3.

To do this you have to go back to the home pillar and go back down to the dock and "push" the tram all the way back to the LEFT (towards pillar #3) by using the controls there. You'll know it's all the way back when the motors won't move it any farther.

Have fun,

Dadguy

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109715
10/05/05 12:16 AM
10/05/05 12:16 AM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by dadguy:
Hi gang,

I'll add one more thing to DrDel's last part of his last post.

The reason you can't get down to the Tram from Pedestal #3 location is that the tram was pulled out so you could rotate the gear on Pillar #1 so you could see the symbol on pedestal #2 from the telescope.

So, you won't be able to get into the building on the pillar with pedestal #3 until you return the tram to the dock on pillar #3.
That was the part that really had me scratching my head, dadguy. From Betty Lou's post it sounded clearly that she had no trouble climbing down the tram ladder and going into the dome... but as we know, we have to move the tram a little to get it's pulley wheel out of the way in order to see that symbol on the skinny pillar in the first place.

Re: MYST V End of Ages #109716
10/05/05 01:09 AM
10/05/05 01:09 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I had not trouble seeing all the symbols I needed to see through the telescopes AND had pushed the control lever for the tram to left some time ago...that must be why I had no problem climbing into the tram and up the other ladder to the walkway into the dome. So I guess I can just proceed as both w/t's say to...will check back with you tomorrow and let you know where I am then. Thanks for your help.
Love, Betty Lou

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Draclvr, manxman), 249 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users