GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#109844 - 09/26/05 02:07 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Santa Maria CA USA
Still doesn't work the elevator goes almost to the 2nd floor and then drops before I can get off.

May happiness come on secret winds and surround you forever in the ways of beauty. An American Indian Blessing.

#109845 - 09/26/05 02:09 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by dogpenny:
Still doesn't work the elevator goes almost to the 2nd floor and then drops before I can get off.
If you have an earlier save in Laki'ahn before you touched the elevator puzzle, try that dogpenny. That's the only way I got dadguy's backing method to work.

#109846 - 09/26/05 03:37 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Dutch, if the scroll button dosen't click down to back you uo, you can always use the DOWN-ARROW button to back up.

Dadguy

#109847 - 09/26/05 06:47 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer

Will go back to a previous save and see if that works. Going back to previous save does nothing. I still cant get to the 2nd floor. Guess I am just stuck here spent most of yesterday afternoon and most of today trying to get there and it is beginning to cease to be fun anymore. I just don't know what else to do the scroll button works but I guess not fast enough. Just cant get past it no matter what I do or what I try think it is just hopeless at this point.

May happiness come on secret winds and surround you forever in the ways of beauty. An American Indian Blessing.

#109848 - 09/26/05 08:50 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
Bruce Fielder Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Amarillo, TX USA
If it's any help, you can change the way you move around the game anytime. Simply move the cursor up the to options icon, the wrench one, and click on it. Then, you can open up the mouse control tab and select one of 3 options. You can also change it back later if you wish the same way.

The singing icon shown in one of Yeesha's journals is the only way I know of to keep the Bahro on the weight sensitive plate long enough to get the lift all the way up to the second floor area. I had to do it 4 times before I got the drawing correct enough for him to stay there on it.

#109849 - 09/26/05 08:56 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

I went to the Myst forums and poked around to see if I could find anything else to help. One person mentioned that they had to make sure they tried the elevator priming once themselves ie. put your slate on the ground, raise the counterweight, then pick up your slate, and stand on the pressure plate yourself... elevator goes up. Then, when you get off the plate, it comes down again.

At that point you would draw your singer symbol, face the pressure plate and put the slate down on it...back up one step, turn to left and raise the counterweight again, then back slowly (two little clicks) onto the elevator pad..and wait a second for Bahro to come and do his thing.

I know this must be terribly frustrating dogpenny, I certainly found it so when I was stuck for the longest time here repeating my actions. Speed of movement doesn't seem to be the important thing in this section fortunately...as dadguy says, you can back up slowly after raising the counterweight (which is too close to the pressure plate for the Bahro to feel comfortable coming).. it isn't until you've backed up two more steps with the mouse scroll onto the elevator pad that he feels confident enough to link in and step on the plate to see your drawing, and hopefully it'll keep him there just long enough for you to reach the top and run off.

#109850 - 09/26/05 09:49 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer

THAT'S what I haven't been doing the first part with the slate and pressure pad raising the elevator first. Hopefully that is the problem thank you so much I will go back right now and try it. I went back primed the elevator twice and it still did not work it goes almost to the 2nd floor and drops down again before I can get off on the 2nd floor. I went back to a previous save primed the elevator and it STILL does not work is it possible there is something wrong with my game. I am really getting upset I paid $60 for the limited edition and cant get this part to work after the better part of 2 days. I have tried everything suggested even a few things I invented and NOTHING works.

#109851 - 09/26/05 10:08 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
Subman Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: St. Helens, Oregon
After reading the guidance on how to get to the second level I am still unclear. Some posts refer to pulling of a switch which I see none of. Other than the pressure plate all I see are the push buttons on the wall.

When I set the slate down on the circular pressure plate with the correct singing symbol he does start to sing, However it is at this point I get stuck. I can't get near him or press the main elevator button until he leaves (without the plate) or he takes it with him. It also looks like he is standing on the pressure plate. Any ideas??

#109852 - 09/26/05 10:14 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer

One click toward the door from the elevator turn left lift the round red thing to the top. You have to prime the elevator first from what I understand I have had no luck getting to the 2nd floor however. Lift the round red switch walk to the pressure plate with the slate turn around you will see the elevator rise step off the plate and it will lower. Go back to the plate turn around put the sign on the slate drop it raise the round switch use your scroll button on your mouse to back up back up twice and the Bahro should step on the plate and with any luck at all you will get to the 2nd floor I wish you luck I sure haven't had any here.

#109853 - 09/26/05 11:12 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer

HOORRRAYY!!!YYIIPPEE!!HIPPITY HOP!! I DID IT!!Don't ask me what I did but I got to the 2nd floor. I almost fainted when the elevator stopped on it.Now I have entered the Keep let the tablet slip through Yeesha's hands. How do I link to K'veer to continue?

#109854 - 09/26/05 11:56 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by dogpenny:
HOORRRAYY!!!YYIIPPEE!!HIPPITY HOP!! I DID IT!!Don't ask me what I did but I got to the 2nd floor. I almost fainted when the elevator stopped on it.Now I have entered the Keep let the tablet slip through Yeesha's hands. How do I link to K'veer to continue?
Aww, I'm so glad you got the dratted elevator to work finally dogpenny!

So, you finished Laki'ahn..and got the tablet yes? I'm not sure what you meant when you said you 'let the tablet slip through Yeesha's hands..?
I did something a little different, and got to an ending. Did Yeesha say anything to you when you did what you did? Or did she just leave? As far as I know, that room where Yeesha stands with her hands held out, is K'veer.. and Atrus' prison room with the Myst book is just back around the corner, and up the hall and right again..

#109855 - 09/27/05 12:08 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Subman:
After reading the guidance on how to get to the second level I am still unclear. Some posts refer to pulling of a switch which I see none of. Other than the pressure plate all I see are the push buttons on the wall.
This sounds like a different elevator.. is this the one in the main arena? with the 1, 2, 3 and 4 ring symbols on the wall posts and the little caps that open and shut?

I don't think you need the singing symbol and Bahro for that one.

For that one, there is a clue just to the left of the 4 ring post.. as to how you should have the little caps (open or closed) before pushing the big round golden button..

#109856 - 09/27/05 12:44 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yeesha did not say anything she just left. I will try to find the book and continue from that point thanks for your help. I got the scare of my life from Bahro. When I made the wind blow to see the symbol on the flag. I went down to the ground and put the symbol there I dropped the slate and all of a sudden the Bahro was underneath me and in front of me I didn't get a chance to move away. I about had a heart attack.I finished it I want a Bahro they are so cute. I did all three endings. I am sorry it is over. I wish the Bahro would have flown me over the valley in the end. That would have been great I think.Thank you so much to you who helped me I have said this several times and each time with more meaning WHAT would we do without the support and caring of Boomers. praise praise praise

#109858 - 09/27/05 11:25 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
fisicx Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: United KIngdom
After struggling for agres with the elevator that takes you up to the maze I discovered a simple solution - face the elevator then drop the slate. The Bahro stands on the metal plate and up you go.

Tried it with a whole variety of symbol styles and it worked every time.

#109859 - 09/27/05 12:07 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
Subman Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: St. Helens, Oregon
Yeah, your correct. I am able to get the pedastal up to the top, then transport myself to it, which then it drops to the bottom without stopping at the 2nd floor. I have tried this with and without the slate. In each scenario whem I step off the pedastal it automatically rises to the top again. Not sure how to get myself up there.

Quote:
Originally posted by drdel:
Quote:
Originally posted by Subman:
[b] After reading the guidance on how to get to the second level I am still unclear. Some posts refer to pulling of a switch which I see none of. Other than the pressure plate all I see are the push buttons on the wall.
This sounds like a different elevator.. is this the one in the main arena? with the 1, 2, 3 and 4 ring symbols on the wall posts and the little caps that open and shut?

I don't think you need the singing symbol and Bahro for that one.

For that one, there is a clue just to the left of the 4 ring post.. as to how you should have the little caps (open or closed) before pushing the big round golden button.. [/b]

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (Moondancer, mabeco, curly, Donald, Haroula, oldman, Koala), 86 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users