GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1091274
11/30/16 01:43 PM
11/30/16 01:43 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I'm with you, Guybrush! Detest timed sequences with an absolute passion....

Thanks for the info wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1091301
11/30/16 10:54 PM
11/30/16 10:54 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Reached level 70 and got my first command chest. All I did to get level 2 command was click on that quest giving device in the Odessen Command Center. I got a thing that gave random amount of command points, an schematic for making a rifle I'll have to pass on to one of other characters that could use it, boots I put on. And a blaster cannon which I had no use for so I destroyed it and got 100 command points.

Although the Dark vs Light event is over the game now keeps track of light and dark choices for each server for the new Galactic Command thing so you may see a message telling you the galaxy is going Light or Dark or is Balanced when neither side is winning.

Chapter 6 takes place in the Zakual Palace. You''re in diguise and the only skill you have is "Hint". There's a hidden quest, pick up the Vaylin hologram item from the table near the end of the mission it will reward you later.
Chapter 7 takes place on another new world
Chapter 8 is on Odessen
Chapter 9 is on Zakuul

The Scions who in Knights of the Fallen Empire said they would be there to aid in your destiny never actually appear after that. However, after you complete Knights of the Eternal Throne chapter 9 they send you an email claiming they will be there for the next party of your destiny. Something about past and future colliding. So now Tai'kou, Commander of the Eternal Alliance (he declined to be Emperor) waits for the next disaster. Of course regardless of all his talk about peace, the Republic and Empire are back preparing for war since you defeated their common foe. The Alliance still stands because some from both sides still believe in it.

I found the final battle against Vaylin to be more difficult than the battle against Valkorian, who supposed to be more powerful. For two reason: 1 you fight Vaylin alone and 2 you fight her only with your class skills but you fight Valkorian with 3 allies and 3 special skills added for just this fight. Also the Vaylin battle is skewed in favor of ranged characters who can stand back outside her area of affect skill and just shoot at her. On melee (like my sith warrior) you have to run away and hope you time it right to avoid most of the damage, which is unlikely because she also has an immobilizing skill. When you do manage to run out of range you have to hope you get lucky and the healing device chooses to appear at that time. Valkorian I hit with my regular skills and three extra oneas one active and he went down pretty fast without my dying once. Vaylin killed me several times. Twice by knocking me off the platform.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/01/16 01:20 AM.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1091315
12/01/16 08:07 AM
12/01/16 08:07 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Quote:
Quick update! After the quick maintenance we just had, some characters will now have received their credits from the crystal/commendation conversion. Here is the criteria:

My character has not logged in since 5.0 launch - The next time you log in you will have your credits.
My character has logged in since 5.0 launch - You will not receive your credits until after Friday's maintenance.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

So this seems to say the character I completed KOTET with wont get his money until Friday, when he gets Dark vs Light final rewards, but my other characters could get their credits today since I haven't played any of them since the last update. Also the game is going down for some time Friday morning to actually add the Dark vs Light rewards and open KOTET to all subscribers.

So far every Command chest I've gotten has given me one armor piece useful for the character that earned the chest. one item that grants either more command points or reputation points, a schemmatic and one "bind on equip" weapon. This means the weapons can be passed on to other characters in your Legacy. Or as I've done you can destroy them for more Command Points.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/01/16 10:41 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1091466
12/02/16 05:04 PM
12/02/16 05:04 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Update which includes Dark vs Light event final rewards, crystal/commendation converstion to credits has been delayed until Saturday morning.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1091525
12/03/16 12:20 PM
12/03/16 12:20 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Guybrush wavegirl

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1091575
12/03/16 07:39 PM
12/03/16 07:39 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
If you took park in Dark vs Light event and completed the eternal level to get the new ccmpanion she comes as an KOTFE/KOTET Alert ie a mission or quest. There is also a device in your mail lets you summon the companion if your character hasn't started KOTFE and you want to get her anyway. Also a mini pet, a mount and a new set of armor.

On sith warrior when you meet the Light Side reward Jedi Master you can ask her if she knows anything about your missing jedi companion, Jaesa. Unfortunately she only knows her reputation hasn't ever met her. I'm guessing jedi knight would get to ask about Kira, sith inquisitor about Ashara and maybe jedi consular about Nadia (who was training to be a jedi).

Jaesa is unique in that she follows your character's alignment, if you're lightside she's lightside (and not romanceable), if you're dakrside she's darkside (and romanceable). My sith warrior that did the Dark vs Light event is lightside so he got the lightside answer to his question. Apparently there is a darkside version in which the new jedi master claims Jaeasa went insane without you.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/03/16 07:50 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1091581
12/03/16 08:57 PM
12/03/16 08:57 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Sounds like they put a lot of thought into customization wave12

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1091668
12/04/16 03:08 PM
12/04/16 03:08 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Darkside Sith Warrior talking to Master Ranos including rejecting her - not my character

Sith Inquistor talks with Master Ranos, asks about Ashara - not my character

Jedi Knight asking Master Ranos about Lord Scourge - I wasn't expecting that one, Again not me

Jedi Consular asking about Nadia - still not me

Jedi Knight asking about Kira - still not me

Lightside Sith Warrior asking about Jaesa - nope not me

Non force user (trooper) talking to Master Ranos - again not me

Lord Scourge seems to be only non-romancable companion you can ask about.

A change I didn't know about before:
Now when you create a new character you choose its advanced class no waiting until level 10. So for example instead of creating a Jedi Knight and then choosing advanced class later you immediatly create Jedi Knight Sentinel or Jedi Knight Guardian. Jedi Knight Guardians and Sith Warrior Juggernauts still start with medium armor, upgrade to heavy later. Also characters that can duel wield weapons (2 lightsabers, two blasster pistols) still start out with ability to only use 1 and unlock the second later.

Note because of class skill changes or old characters you should click on a skill trainer to get any new skills added and respend your combat proficiency points for utility skills on all characters. All Dark vs Light Event rewards are available to all your characters.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/04/16 03:53 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1092363
12/10/16 04:34 PM
12/10/16 04:34 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1092365
12/10/16 05:03 PM
12/10/16 05:03 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Guybrush, looks like there is lots going on. Hope you have time to do all the ones that interest you reindeer

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1092681
12/13/16 05:30 PM
12/13/16 05:30 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
If you're level 70 snowball bomb will grant 20 command points and 70 light/dark points when you get a snowball parcel.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/13/16 05:31 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1092688
12/13/16 07:26 PM
12/13/16 07:26 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
"Snowball bomb" love the name lol12

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1093722
12/22/16 05:53 PM
12/22/16 05:53 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Collage of player character images - one of mine should be there but even i cant find it

Last edited by looney4labs; 12/23/16 01:30 PM. Reason: changed typo

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1093847
12/23/16 01:31 PM
12/23/16 01:31 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I love those types of pics...amazing!

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1095038
01/03/17 02:32 PM
01/03/17 02:32 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Star Wars: The Old Republic Players Salute To Carrie Fisher

Here's some screen captures

Here's a video

I wasn't there, had technical issues with PC so I was offline when Carrie and her mother died. Finally resolved.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 01/03/17 02:35 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1095054
01/03/17 04:08 PM
01/03/17 04:08 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
That's a nice tribute wave12

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1097273
01/18/17 04:16 PM
01/18/17 04:16 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Been changes to how new characters work so I created a new one try it out.

Then:
Originally when you created your character you chose your main class: jedi knight, jedi consular, trooper. smuggler, sith warriir, sith inquisitor, bounty hunter, imperial agent and then when you reached level 10 and arrived at the Fleet you got a quest to choose your advanced class. At which point you got your secondary weapon and possibly a new main weapon.

Now:
During character creation you choose your advanced class: jedi knight: guardian (tank/dps) or sentinal (dps), jedi consular: sage (healder/dps) or shadow (tank/dps), smuggler: gunslinger (dps) or scoundrel (healder/dps), trooper: commando (healer/dps) or vanguard (tank/dps); sith warrior: marauder (dps) or juggernaut (tank/dps), sith inquistor: sorcerer (healer/dps) or assassin (tank/dps), bounty hunter: powertech (tank/dps) or mercenary (healer/dps), imperial agent: operative (healer/dps) or sniper (dps)

I created a sith assassin, upon completing the sith inquistor storyline on Korriban he got a double bladed light saber. That quest used to give a single bladed lightsaber which you would never actually use if you went to fleet and chose assassin because you'd be given the double bladed lightsaber you need for that advanced class so you get the proper weapon before you leave for the fleet now. On the negative side even though I picked tank option no quest on the first two planets gave shield generator they gave power generators which is for dps. I had another character with money buy a shield generator and put it in legacy storage for new assassin to pick up. Wasn't until third planet that shield generators started being offered as rewards.

Some skills are now available sooner than they used to be. New skills for the different advanced classes are mostly cosmetic. For example operatives now throw daggers to hit multiple targets instead of spraying them with blaster bolts like snipers. The effect on targets is the same for both versions of imperial agent.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1097283
01/18/17 05:21 PM
01/18/17 05:21 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Guybrush wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1098274
01/25/17 04:57 PM
01/25/17 04:57 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Note 1: when creating a new character the game defaults to setting Republic characters to lightside and Empire to darkside. So if you want a darkside Republic character or Lightside Empire character you have to toggle your side BEFORE you enter combat or complete any quests. The toggles are nearly invisible. Just move cursor on the compass until you see lightside or darkside choice appear than click.

Note 2: new characters may not have their Legacy skills. Log out and back in, they'll show up.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 01/25/17 05:17 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1098279
01/25/17 06:03 PM
01/25/17 06:03 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
That's very good to know. Thanks, Guybrush!

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1098374
01/26/17 11:40 AM
01/26/17 11:40 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I just discovered an exploit, something that could be used to get unlimited free in game money. I reported it. Using this sort of thing is against the rules and if you get caught they can ban you. So I'm not saying what it is. But if you play the game and find something that seems too good to be true its probably a bug and you should do the right thing, report it.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1098416
01/26/17 09:32 PM
01/26/17 09:32 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
That tends to be true in life, too, Guybrush wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1098488
01/27/17 05:15 PM
01/27/17 05:15 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Quote:

Thank you everyone for tuning in! If you missed it, here is what we discussed.

On Tuesday we released Game Update 5.1 - Defend the Throne

Master Mode Chapters
5 new Uprisings
Galactic Command Gearing Changes -- We know that the changes in 5.1 are just the start. We are looking into simplifying, making faster, and making more alt friendly the gearing in GC. We are also looking into making getting through Command Ranks faster.

Coming in April, Game Update 5.2 which will include

Brand new story arc on Iokath. The Empire and Republic are fighting over control of the planet and you, as the Alliance Commander will choose who to side with.
Two returning Companions: Quinn and Elara.
After completing Iokath's storyline, it opens up into a new daily area.
Coming with Iokath is the first boss of a new Operation. Each subsequent boss will be released in the future with the entire Op being completely released this year.
We are planning to have a PTS for 5.2 in the next few weeks. More details to follow.

-eric

Apparently this new chapter will force choosing to side with Republic or Empire and that will decide which companion you get. Side with Republic, get Elara (former Jedi Knight companion), side with Empire get Quinn (former Sith Warrior companion).

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1098497
01/27/17 06:50 PM
01/27/17 06:50 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Good reason to play both sides wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic] #1098827
01/30/17 04:33 PM
01/30/17 04:33 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
If you look under acheivments you find categories you've completed are shown as gold. I just realized all my companions that have not yet returned in Knights, that had been gold (for 100 and 1000 kills) are now green again. This must mean they're all coming back eventually. Because they only do that to returning companions. You get gold status again with most of them when 1 character accepts them and 1 other rejects them. I expected to see Kira and Quinn go green since they're return has already been announced but not all the others.

Currently Playing:
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (dorish, BrownEyedTigre, ergggo), 268 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users