GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#109875 - 09/29/05 07:47 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhart53:
I have a question about this game. I get the levers set at the frozen lake (blue...right, left and left...orange...left, right and left), as suggested and nothing happens except it gets cold again. Exactly what is supposed to happen and why doesn't it?
You could try the heat symbol again.. and watch the frozen pond. Apparently there are heat-loving bacteria in the water. While the heat is on, you might just be able to get across.. wink

#109876 - 09/29/05 09:51 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
Dhart53 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: N.C.
I did all 6 of the levers at the buildings to the right...srt the blue and orange switches as previoulsy noted, went back and got the slate, did the heat sign on the slate, got the microbes on the water, but am apparently unable to "walk" on them as the cursor doesn't chang to the forward position and I get only as far as the lake edge.

#109877 - 09/29/05 11:58 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Dhart, can you see the growth path starting from the near middle, turning right, then left, then left towards the far middle? If not, maybe one of the switches is set wrong.

Also, you can only get across as long as the heat is still on, so make sure you activate the heat again then move quickly (and carefully... don't fall off) across the growth.

And check those red/blue switches again.

Have fun,

Dadguy

#109878 - 09/29/05 03:38 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
katielou Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: springfield, mo.
I'm having trouble with the wind symbol in the boneyard. Maybe I'm just not drawing it correctly but everytime I draw it on the slate, lay it down & step away from it the Bahro comes, lays it's hand on it & then disappears. I'm trying to call up the 'gale force wind'. What's going on? Could someone please tell me or maybe send me a saved game with instructions? Thanks

#109879 - 09/29/05 04:42 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Are you sure you have the right symbol (three wavey horizontal lines)?

Have you drawn it correctly at least once already? If so, don't re-draw it; instead you'll find it available on the "menu" of previously drawn symbols at the bottom of the slate. Click on the wavey lines icon and it will auto re-draw the symbol exactly as you did it before. Then it will work.

Cheers,

Dadguy

#109880 - 09/29/05 05:15 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
katielou Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks, dadguy, for your help. Maybe I should go to art school to learn how to draw? lol. I thought I was drawing it right but.... I know one thing tho sometimes if I draw it more than 3 times it turns into nighttime. I give it another shot. Thanks again.

#109881 - 09/29/05 05:26 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Katie, re-read what I said. If you have already drawn it once, there will be an icon on the lower right that you must use rather than drawing it again.

Let us know if that is it!

Dadguy

#109882 - 09/29/05 05:40 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
katielou Offline
Settled Boomer

I understood what you said & I know now what I was doing wrong. I was drawing the " hut" shape as well as the wavy lines instead of just the wavy lines. I got it to work this time. Thanks again.

#109885 - 10/06/05 11:29 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
maxwell Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ohio
Hello someone,
Can anyone tell me the right why to get into the arena ? I set the windmill seams like a hundred but I still cannot get the thing lined up right.
After you get the pedestal facing you and you go back to windmill how many times to you pull the right lever ?

#109886 - 10/06/05 11:49 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by maxwell:
Hello someone,
Can anyone tell me the right why to get into the arena ? I set the windmill seams like a hundred but I still cannot get the thing lined up right.
After you get the pedestal facing you and you go back to windmill how many times to you pull the right lever ?
I think it would be one pull on the right lever to rotate the cage from that position, to where the pedestal cage opens into the correct quadrant. Try once, and then link into the small cage with pedestal - see if you can then get into the quadrant where the second stream flows out - you need to open the gate that covers it also. One press on the left button will do that.

#109887 - 10/07/05 12:16 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
Cleo4 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Upstate New York
Hey guys,

okay, I'm in Lakiahn and I'm at the cage and I pull & push all the right things, I go back to the bubble them I'm back in the cage...which way is the opening suppose to face? I don't see any posts with yellow caps, all I can do is get in the water ahead of me(in front of the pedestal),by the walkthrough,it's telling me to go right..I'm so confused right now..it's fun though but confusing!
Can someone help?

Thanks again,
Cleo4 frown

#109888 - 10/07/05 04:53 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cleo4:
Hey guys,

okay, I'm in Lakiahn and I'm at the cage and I pull & push all the right things, I go back to the bubble them I'm back in the cage...which way is the opening suppose to face? I don't see any posts with yellow caps, all I can do is get in the water ahead of me(in front of the pedestal),by the walkthrough,it's telling me to go right..I'm so confused right now..it's fun though but confusing!
Can someone help?

Thanks again,
Cleo4 frown
Cleo, the posts with the yellow caps are in the arena, you aren't just there yet, but are headed there.

As to which direction you want to have the opening facing when you rotate that little cage around the pededstal..it's easiest to describe this in terms of the first time you went into the big cage (before you first turned the windmill). When you first enter you are in a quadrant of the large cage; the pedestal cage is in the center (and actually submerged when you first see it), and it's hard to tell but the opening is pointed towards the quadrant of the big cage that is to your left. What you want to do is rotate that opening 180 degrees (two pulls on the right lever) so that it will open to the quadrant on your right... that's where the gate to the second stream is. (btw, I'm assuming that you have already taken a look at the symbol on that pedestal and successfully drawn it, as you mentioned you went back to the bubble and are now at the cage pedestal, I'm assuming you were able to link there -let me know if I'm assuming too much laugh )

#109889 - 10/08/05 06:56 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
Cleo4 Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks alot!

And no, you are not assuming too much,I have been linking back and forth trying this part over.. I'll turn the cage and get to face right...

thanks

#109890 - 10/08/05 07:33 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
Cleo4 Offline
Settled Boomer

Okay,

I've managed to turn the cage to the right but once I'm in the what am I suppose to do? there is no opening but the one of the cage,..when I'm at the controls, it says to pull the left to start the windmill, then pull the right lever to turn the cage ,the push the left button to the right lever..what does the button do? I know, I've come this far in the game and it's the first stumble..help?!

Again, thanks in advance
Cleo4 thanks

#109891 - 10/08/05 08:36 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Cleo,

I think you might have had it right the first time.

When I first linked to the pedestal in the cage, I felt like I was not able to get out. Then I discovered that I could squeeze around the pedestal and go forward into the water. What you are looking for is a waterway (not the one you first approached the cage from) that has a tunnel that you have not been in yet.

The RIGHT lever on the windmill rotates the cage. The LEFT button opens and closes the cage door so that you can get out to the waterway I mention above.

If you don't see what I have described, go back; experiment... go one click of a lever at a time, then link in, check it out, etc. That's how the puzzle work is supposed to go.

Good luck!

Dadguy

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (Kaki's Sister, Moondancer, kjos, oldman, cailyn), 58 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet, Innervision, bunnybear13
8565 Registered Users