GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109854
09/26/05 11:56 PM
09/26/05 11:56 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by dogpenny:
HOORRRAYY!!!YYIIPPEE!!HIPPITY HOP!! I DID IT!!Don't ask me what I did but I got to the 2nd floor. I almost fainted when the elevator stopped on it.Now I have entered the Keep let the tablet slip through Yeesha's hands. How do I link to K'veer to continue?
Aww, I'm so glad you got the dratted elevator to work finally dogpenny!

So, you finished Laki'ahn..and got the tablet yes? I'm not sure what you meant when you said you 'let the tablet slip through Yeesha's hands..?
I did something a little different, and got to an ending. Did Yeesha say anything to you when you did what you did? Or did she just leave? As far as I know, that room where Yeesha stands with her hands held out, is K'veer.. and Atrus' prison room with the Myst book is just back around the corner, and up the hall and right again..

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109855
09/27/05 12:08 AM
09/27/05 12:08 AM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Subman:
After reading the guidance on how to get to the second level I am still unclear. Some posts refer to pulling of a switch which I see none of. Other than the pressure plate all I see are the push buttons on the wall.
This sounds like a different elevator.. is this the one in the main arena? with the 1, 2, 3 and 4 ring symbols on the wall posts and the little caps that open and shut?

I don't think you need the singing symbol and Bahro for that one.

For that one, there is a clue just to the left of the 4 ring post.. as to how you should have the little caps (open or closed) before pushing the big round golden button..

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109856
09/27/05 12:44 AM
09/27/05 12:44 AM
Santa Maria CA USA
dogpenny Offline
Addicted Boomer
dogpenny  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Santa Maria CA USA
Yeesha did not say anything she just left. I will try to find the book and continue from that point thanks for your help. I got the scare of my life from Bahro. When I made the wind blow to see the symbol on the flag. I went down to the ground and put the symbol there I dropped the slate and all of a sudden the Bahro was underneath me and in front of me I didn't get a chance to move away. I about had a heart attack.I finished it I want a Bahro they are so cute. I did all three endings. I am sorry it is over. I wish the Bahro would have flown me over the valley in the end. That would have been great I think.Thank you so much to you who helped me I have said this several times and each time with more meaning WHAT would we do without the support and caring of Boomers. praise praise praise

Dutch

May happiness come on secret winds and surround you forever in the ways of beauty. An American Indian Blessing.
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109858
09/27/05 11:25 AM
09/27/05 11:25 AM
United KIngdom
fisicx Offline
Settled Boomer
fisicx  Offline
Settled Boomer

United KIngdom
After struggling for agres with the elevator that takes you up to the maze I discovered a simple solution - face the elevator then drop the slate. The Bahro stands on the metal plate and up you go.

Tried it with a whole variety of symbol styles and it worked every time.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109859
09/27/05 12:07 PM
09/27/05 12:07 PM
St. Helens, Oregon
Subman Offline
Junior Boomer
Subman  Offline
Junior Boomer

St. Helens, Oregon
Yeah, your correct. I am able to get the pedastal up to the top, then transport myself to it, which then it drops to the bottom without stopping at the 2nd floor. I have tried this with and without the slate. In each scenario whem I step off the pedastal it automatically rises to the top again. Not sure how to get myself up there.

Quote:
Originally posted by drdel:
Quote:
Originally posted by Subman:
[b] After reading the guidance on how to get to the second level I am still unclear. Some posts refer to pulling of a switch which I see none of. Other than the pressure plate all I see are the push buttons on the wall.
This sounds like a different elevator.. is this the one in the main arena? with the 1, 2, 3 and 4 ring symbols on the wall posts and the little caps that open and shut?

I don't think you need the singing symbol and Bahro for that one.

For that one, there is a clue just to the left of the 4 ring post.. as to how you should have the little caps (open or closed) before pushing the big round golden button.. [/b]

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109860
09/27/05 12:24 PM
09/27/05 12:24 PM
United KIngdom
fisicx Offline
Settled Boomer
fisicx  Offline
Settled Boomer

United KIngdom
Open the little shutters and press the big button until you find the combination that stops the pedastle at the second level. Now weight yourself with slate and add the two together.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109861
09/27/05 01:25 PM
09/27/05 01:25 PM
St. Helens, Oregon
Subman Offline
Junior Boomer
Subman  Offline
Junior Boomer

St. Helens, Oregon
I got it! Thanks for the hint about adding up the red disks. It is amazing just how confussing a simple concept in these Myst games can be.

Quote:
Originally posted by fisicx:
Open the little shutters and press the big button until you find the combination that stops the pedastle at the second level. Now weight yourself with slate and add the two together.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109862
09/27/05 08:52 PM
09/27/05 08:52 PM
Michigan
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer
Geo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan
I got the pedistal lowered in the cage to see its symbol.Then I raised it again and tryed to transport to it but I landed in the bottom of the cage locked in.Oh oh.I dont see a way out.I do have the slate I picked up out of the murky water coverd floor but what do I do now?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109863
09/27/05 09:02 PM
09/27/05 09:02 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Sounds like you haven't got the windmill powered crane controls set properly. The pedistal needs to be up out of the water and rotated and the door switch must be activated. Experiment.

Good luck!

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109864
09/27/05 10:10 PM
09/27/05 10:10 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Geo:
I got the pedistal lowered in the cage to see its symbol.Then I raised it again and tryed to transport to it but I landed in the bottom of the cage locked in.Oh oh.I dont see a way out.I do have the slate I picked up out of the murky water coverd floor but what do I do now?
If I remember correctly the pedestal in the cage is originally below the water.. and you need to raise it to the water level so you can see it; then you should leave the pedestal at the water level, and just rotate the cage bars so that they will open to the second stream area (as well as opening the gate that covers the second stream too).
There should be at least one side of the cage open.. which quadrant does it let you into?
If it's anything other than the two stream quadrants, I think you may have to go back to an earlier save because I can't think of a way to link out of that.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109865
09/28/05 01:58 AM
09/28/05 01:58 AM
United KIngdom
fisicx Offline
Settled Boomer
fisicx  Offline
Settled Boomer

United KIngdom
You can always link back to the arrival 'bubble' from the pedastle. It means walking round the island again but the weather is pleasant and the stars are nice to look at.

There are 4 exits from the central cage. You came in on one of them, two others just lead to animal pens and the forth exits to a triangular door. The buttons on the control panel open and close the door.

This is not a nice place however - it demonstrates the violence and cruelty of the D'ni.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109866
09/28/05 08:42 AM
09/28/05 08:42 AM
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Pere Offline
Shy Boomer
Pere  Offline
Shy Boomer

Milton, Ontario, Canada
I don't think I heard him (Bahro) sing. I guess when I was in my usual panic mode (i.e. placing the slate, setting the counter-balance and running to the elevator) I wasn't paying attention. Oh well..next time. rolleyes

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109867
09/28/05 08:57 AM
09/28/05 08:57 AM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Geo,
Okay I went and tried to duplicate this. When I linked to the pedestal raised above water level, I was standing on the platform, above the water level, with the pedestal there. Perhaps you meant you linked into the cage with the pedestal lowered? ie below the water.
You can pick up the slate from there, but it is actually on the pedestal, so the pedestal is there. You just have to move your cursor around till you get the open hand symbol, and touch it; even if the pedestal is below water, it'll take you back to the original pedestal from there.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109868
09/28/05 10:26 AM
09/28/05 10:26 AM
Michigan
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer
Geo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan
Yes,you are correct.I had the pedistal below water not up in the air as I first thought.I can actually see the top of the slate under the water.I have a save very close to where I started this cage puzzle,so I think I will start over from the save with a different approach.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109869
09/28/05 09:10 PM
09/28/05 09:10 PM
Michigan
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer
Geo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan
Dogpenny,
3 endings?
I did (1) giving the tablet to the girl and going to myst.I did (2) not giving the tablet to her and going to myst and putting it in its holder.
What is the 3'rd option?
By the way what happened to the locked book at the beginning of the game?Was that the myst book I was using to go to myst both times?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109870
09/28/05 09:49 PM
09/28/05 09:49 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Ooooh. You missed the grand finale.

SPOILER!
The winning option is to instead, give the tablet to the Bahro. That makes everyone happy but Esher. You put it on the floor in K'veer and back away as you always do so the Bahro can get it.

Enjoy,

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109871
09/28/05 11:17 PM
09/28/05 11:17 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Geo:
Dogpenny,
3 endings?
I did (1) giving the tablet to the girl and going to myst.I did (2) not giving the tablet to her and going to myst and putting it in its holder.
What is the 3'rd option?
By the way what happened to the locked book at the beginning of the game?Was that the myst book I was using to go to myst both times?
Yes, the locked book was the Myst linking book. Esher mentioned in one of his later speeches that he'd unlocked it.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109872
09/28/05 11:23 PM
09/28/05 11:23 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by dadguy:
Ooooh. You missed the grand finale.

SPOILER!
The winning option is to instead, give the tablet to the Bahro. That makes everyone happy but Esher. You put it on the floor in K'veer and back away as you always do so the Bahro can get it.

Enjoy,

Dadguy
I was wondering about doing that too; instead I dropped it while I was still inside the Keep, since Esher said it was 'many places at once', I figured the Bahro could get it there easily. I was trying to see if I could touch one of the slate pedestal symbols and take it straight to them, like on Noloben which was supposed to originally be their world anyhow. laugh

Another interesting thing to do with slates.. I took the Noloben slate from Direbo back to the D'ni #3 restroom... if you take a peek up at the ceilings in those restrooms, you get an interesting little thrill! hehe.. I dropped it in there after drawing that friendship symbol from the back of one of Yeesha's journals. Just wanted to see what would happen laugh

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109873
09/29/05 04:58 AM
09/29/05 04:58 AM
N.C.
Dhart53 Offline
Settled Boomer
Dhart53  Offline
Settled Boomer

N.C.
I have a question about this game. I get the levers set at the frozen lake (blue...right, left and left...orange...left, right and left), as suggested and nothing happens except it gets cold again. Exactly what is supposed to happen and why doesn't it?

Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday.
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109874
09/29/05 06:03 AM
09/29/05 06:03 AM
Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
VHLMagic Offline
Addicted Boomer
VHLMagic  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Ludlow, Mass. U.S.A.
Hi,

I had the same thing happen to me.
You are suppose to get a growing path to walk on if I understood correctly.

I never got one.

Love Thy Neighbor

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109875
09/29/05 07:47 AM
09/29/05 07:47 AM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhart53:
I have a question about this game. I get the levers set at the frozen lake (blue...right, left and left...orange...left, right and left), as suggested and nothing happens except it gets cold again. Exactly what is supposed to happen and why doesn't it?
You could try the heat symbol again.. and watch the frozen pond. Apparently there are heat-loving bacteria in the water. While the heat is on, you might just be able to get across.. wink

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109876
09/29/05 09:51 AM
09/29/05 09:51 AM
N.C.
Dhart53 Offline
Settled Boomer
Dhart53  Offline
Settled Boomer

N.C.
I did all 6 of the levers at the buildings to the right...srt the blue and orange switches as previoulsy noted, went back and got the slate, did the heat sign on the slate, got the microbes on the water, but am apparently unable to "walk" on them as the cursor doesn't chang to the forward position and I get only as far as the lake edge.

Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday.
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109877
09/29/05 11:58 AM
09/29/05 11:58 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Dhart, can you see the growth path starting from the near middle, turning right, then left, then left towards the far middle? If not, maybe one of the switches is set wrong.

Also, you can only get across as long as the heat is still on, so make sure you activate the heat again then move quickly (and carefully... don't fall off) across the growth.

And check those red/blue switches again.

Have fun,

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109878
09/29/05 03:38 PM
09/29/05 03:38 PM
springfield, mo.
katielou Offline
Settled Boomer
katielou  Offline
Settled Boomer

springfield, mo.
I'm having trouble with the wind symbol in the boneyard. Maybe I'm just not drawing it correctly but everytime I draw it on the slate, lay it down & step away from it the Bahro comes, lays it's hand on it & then disappears. I'm trying to call up the 'gale force wind'. What's going on? Could someone please tell me or maybe send me a saved game with instructions? Thanks

katielou
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109879
09/29/05 04:42 PM
09/29/05 04:42 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Are you sure you have the right symbol (three wavey horizontal lines)?

Have you drawn it correctly at least once already? If so, don't re-draw it; instead you'll find it available on the "menu" of previously drawn symbols at the bottom of the slate. Click on the wavey lines icon and it will auto re-draw the symbol exactly as you did it before. Then it will work.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, Draclvr), 241 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users