GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109880
09/29/05 05:15 PM
09/29/05 05:15 PM
springfield, mo.
katielou Offline
Settled Boomer
katielou  Offline
Settled Boomer

springfield, mo.
Thanks, dadguy, for your help. Maybe I should go to art school to learn how to draw? lol. I thought I was drawing it right but.... I know one thing tho sometimes if I draw it more than 3 times it turns into nighttime. I give it another shot. Thanks again.

katielou
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109881
09/29/05 05:26 PM
09/29/05 05:26 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Katie, re-read what I said. If you have already drawn it once, there will be an icon on the lower right that you must use rather than drawing it again.

Let us know if that is it!

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109882
09/29/05 05:40 PM
09/29/05 05:40 PM
springfield, mo.
katielou Offline
Settled Boomer
katielou  Offline
Settled Boomer

springfield, mo.
I understood what you said & I know now what I was doing wrong. I was drawing the " hut" shape as well as the wavy lines instead of just the wavy lines. I got it to work this time. Thanks again.

katielou
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109885
10/06/05 11:29 AM
10/06/05 11:29 AM
Ohio
maxwell Offline
Settled Boomer
maxwell  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ohio
Hello someone,
Can anyone tell me the right why to get into the arena ? I set the windmill seams like a hundred but I still cannot get the thing lined up right.
After you get the pedestal facing you and you go back to windmill how many times to you pull the right lever ?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109886
10/06/05 11:49 PM
10/06/05 11:49 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by maxwell:
Hello someone,
Can anyone tell me the right why to get into the arena ? I set the windmill seams like a hundred but I still cannot get the thing lined up right.
After you get the pedestal facing you and you go back to windmill how many times to you pull the right lever ?
I think it would be one pull on the right lever to rotate the cage from that position, to where the pedestal cage opens into the correct quadrant. Try once, and then link into the small cage with pedestal - see if you can then get into the quadrant where the second stream flows out - you need to open the gate that covers it also. One press on the left button will do that.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109887
10/07/05 12:16 PM
10/07/05 12:16 PM
Upstate New York
Cleo4 Offline
Settled Boomer
Cleo4  Offline
Settled Boomer

Upstate New York
Hey guys,

okay, I'm in Lakiahn and I'm at the cage and I pull & push all the right things, I go back to the bubble them I'm back in the cage...which way is the opening suppose to face? I don't see any posts with yellow caps, all I can do is get in the water ahead of me(in front of the pedestal),by the walkthrough,it's telling me to go right..I'm so confused right now..it's fun though but confusing!
Can someone help?

Thanks again,
Cleo4 frown

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109888
10/07/05 04:53 PM
10/07/05 04:53 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cleo4:
Hey guys,

okay, I'm in Lakiahn and I'm at the cage and I pull & push all the right things, I go back to the bubble them I'm back in the cage...which way is the opening suppose to face? I don't see any posts with yellow caps, all I can do is get in the water ahead of me(in front of the pedestal),by the walkthrough,it's telling me to go right..I'm so confused right now..it's fun though but confusing!
Can someone help?

Thanks again,
Cleo4 frown
Cleo, the posts with the yellow caps are in the arena, you aren't just there yet, but are headed there.

As to which direction you want to have the opening facing when you rotate that little cage around the pededstal..it's easiest to describe this in terms of the first time you went into the big cage (before you first turned the windmill). When you first enter you are in a quadrant of the large cage; the pedestal cage is in the center (and actually submerged when you first see it), and it's hard to tell but the opening is pointed towards the quadrant of the big cage that is to your left. What you want to do is rotate that opening 180 degrees (two pulls on the right lever) so that it will open to the quadrant on your right... that's where the gate to the second stream is. (btw, I'm assuming that you have already taken a look at the symbol on that pedestal and successfully drawn it, as you mentioned you went back to the bubble and are now at the cage pedestal, I'm assuming you were able to link there -let me know if I'm assuming too much laugh )

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109889
10/08/05 06:56 AM
10/08/05 06:56 AM
Upstate New York
Cleo4 Offline
Settled Boomer
Cleo4  Offline
Settled Boomer

Upstate New York
Thanks alot!

And no, you are not assuming too much,I have been linking back and forth trying this part over.. I'll turn the cage and get to face right...

thanks

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109890
10/08/05 07:33 AM
10/08/05 07:33 AM
Upstate New York
Cleo4 Offline
Settled Boomer
Cleo4  Offline
Settled Boomer

Upstate New York
Okay,

I've managed to turn the cage to the right but once I'm in the what am I suppose to do? there is no opening but the one of the cage,..when I'm at the controls, it says to pull the left to start the windmill, then pull the right lever to turn the cage ,the push the left button to the right lever..what does the button do? I know, I've come this far in the game and it's the first stumble..help?!

Again, thanks in advance
Cleo4 thanks

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109891
10/08/05 08:36 AM
10/08/05 08:36 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Cleo,

I think you might have had it right the first time.

When I first linked to the pedestal in the cage, I felt like I was not able to get out. Then I discovered that I could squeeze around the pedestal and go forward into the water. What you are looking for is a waterway (not the one you first approached the cage from) that has a tunnel that you have not been in yet.

The RIGHT lever on the windmill rotates the cage. The LEFT button opens and closes the cage door so that you can get out to the waterway I mention above.

If you don't see what I have described, go back; experiment... go one click of a lever at a time, then link in, check it out, etc. That's how the puzzle work is supposed to go.

Good luck!

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109892
10/08/05 08:42 AM
10/08/05 08:42 AM
Upstate New York
Cleo4 Offline
Settled Boomer
Cleo4  Offline
Settled Boomer

Upstate New York
I've gotten out of the cage, walked in the water,but there is no other water way opening..
is that because the button is what opens the huge triangular looking doors?

think

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109893
10/08/05 09:41 AM
10/08/05 09:41 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hi again, Cleo.

I just went into the game and took another look.

Here is a summary:

- When you first get to the cage, it is under water. You can see that there are four possible exits from the cage. I have used a clock reference to orient your approach to the cage.

- 1. Where you first approach the cage (we'll call this 6:00)
- 2. Towards the left is a closed area (9:00)
- 3. The area ahead is also closed (12:00)
- 4. The area to the right LOOKS closed, and you can see a triangular tunnel that looks closed (3:00).

Number 4 above is your target. When you raise the pedestal, then rotate the cage so the open side is toward the 3:00 direction, you will have access to the right area. You must push the LEFT of two buttons on the windmill to open the door to allow access to the tunnel.

If the door is closed, go try running the wind again, clicking the LEFT lever to activate the machinery, then click the LEFT button once and check it out.

Let us know how you do.

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109895
10/10/05 05:47 PM
10/10/05 05:47 PM
London, Canada
Dawna Offline
Shy Boomer
Dawna  Offline
Shy Boomer

London, Canada
duh

I am so frustrated..!!!

I can't even get the pedestal (inside the cage) to raise up above water level..!!

I'm trying the 2nd "wind" challenge...left lever once..right lever once...and..right button once...then moving my butt over to the original "bubble"...pressing the 2nd pedestal icon..getting transported into the cage...then...nothing..!!!

The wind stops at various times during the many times I have tried this challenge.

I've read the posts...but..alas..I seem to be really struggling with this one..!!

Any other suggestions.. (besides asking for a game save)..? I really want to do this one..all by myself..with a little help from my friends..! :kiss:

Done by Dunn
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109897
10/10/05 07:38 PM
10/10/05 07:38 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawna:
duh

I am so frustrated..!!!

I can't even get the pedestal (inside the cage) to raise up above water level..!!

I'm trying the 2nd "wind" challenge...left lever once..right lever once...and..right button once...then moving my butt over to the original "bubble"...pressing the 2nd pedestal icon..getting transported into the cage...then...nothing..!!!

The wind stops at various times during the many times I have tried this challenge.

I've read the posts...but..alas..I seem to be really struggling with this one..!!

Any other suggestions.. (besides asking for a game save)..? I really want to do this one..all by myself..with a little help from my friends..! :kiss:
hmm, don't know the '2nd wind challenge' laugh

However, as to the windmill controls.
(er, I should add in here you have to start the wind thing here for the controls to do anything of course)
Large left lever unlocks the windmill - pull once.
Pull the small left lever once to raise the pedestal to water level.
Push the left button once to open the gate covering the second stream. The right button does nothing as far as I know.
Pull the right lever once - that will turn the pedestal just enough for you to be able to see the symbol through the bars if you go back into the large cage and have a look.

Then you can run back to the first pedestal and draw your symbol, drop it.. if you don't see the Bahro putting it on the bubble pedestal, then he accepted your drawing and put it on the cage pedestal. You'll have to link there to get the slate, then link back to the first pedestal bubble, walk back to the windmill area and do the wind symbol again.
This time pull the large left lever once, then pull the right lever once.. that will rotate the bars around so that the opening is into the second stream area (where you've already opened the gate cover by pressing the LEFT button once).
You still have to run back to the first pedestal to be able to link into the cage to the second pedestal.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109898
10/11/05 06:26 AM
10/11/05 06:26 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Dawna this is what I did to get the pedestal to come out of the water. First activate the slate to start the "storm". Then do this:

1. Pull the left lever
2. Then pull the center lever
3. Press the red button next to the "left" lever
4. Pull the right lever
5. Press the red button next to the "right" lever.

That should do it. Good Luck!
smile

Gerry
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109899
10/11/05 11:28 PM
10/11/05 11:28 PM
Arizona
C
charward2 Offline
Settled Boomer
charward2  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

Arizona
I didn't have trouble with the windmill or the elevator. But now I'm at the end almost and have gotten to the island. I go into the bubble and press the blue slate and the arm releases but nothing happens. I don't get linked anywhere. There are four arms, three are released. Have I left something out or do I need to do something more to get to the endings? Help, please.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109901
10/12/05 05:38 PM
10/12/05 05:38 PM
London, Canada
Dawna Offline
Shy Boomer
Dawna  Offline
Shy Boomer

London, Canada
It's me again..!!!!

Okay...I got the pedestal to rise..!!!

Now...when I make "wind" again (LOL)...and try to run to the linking bubble..I can never get there before the wind stops. (The video is so choppy it is hard to control the mouse and get to where I need to go in an efficient and timely manner..!) Must I arrive there and link into the cage BEFORE the wind stops..?

I get the cage door open that seems to allow the extra waterway...but...when I try to squeeze past the cage pedestal...I am stopped and cannot navigate any further along that waterway.

Anymore suggestions..? Would certainly appreciate a little help...again..!!

Done by Dunn
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109902
10/12/05 08:38 PM
10/12/05 08:38 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawna:
It's me again..!!!!

Okay...I got the pedestal to rise..!!!

Now...when I make "wind" again (LOL)...and try to run to the linking bubble..I can never get there before the wind stops. (The video is so choppy it is hard to control the mouse and get to where I need to go in an efficient and timely manner..!) Must I arrive there and link into the cage BEFORE the wind stops..?

I get the cage door open that seems to allow the extra waterway...but...when I try to squeeze past the cage pedestal...I am stopped and cannot navigate any further along that waterway.

Anymore suggestions..? Would certainly appreciate a little help...again..!!
Dawna,
You only need the wind to be blowing if you need to adjust the windmill/cage controls. Doesn't matter if it stops blowing while you are going back to the bubble, or linking into the pedestal cage. smile

It can be a little tight getting round the pedestal. I suggest going right up to the bars toward the right side of the pedestal, then angle a little left, and then point your mouse into the water and click, you should be able to squeeze past the pedestal into the quadrant that leads to the second stream gate.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109903
10/12/05 09:25 PM
10/12/05 09:25 PM
London, Canada
Dawna Offline
Shy Boomer
Dawna  Offline
Shy Boomer

London, Canada
Thanks drdel...I'll give it another shot. smile

I'll let you know how it goes. If this works...thanks to all of you with your suggestions.

GameBoomers Rocks..!!!

Well...that didn't work..!! frown

I can get around to the back of the pedestal..then...it allows me ONE step (probably the edge of the platform that the pedestal is standing on)....then...nothing..!!! I cannot move forward. Should the pedestal be underwater at this particular point..?

I'm assuming that I'm going in the right direction. In behind the pedestal...towards another long waterway where I can see somthing (not sure what it is) in the distance. I am right...aren't I..?

Been stuck on this part for a couple of days now.

Again...all suggestions (and confirmations) are welcome.

Done by Dunn
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109904
10/12/05 10:40 PM
10/12/05 10:40 PM
London, Canada
Dawna Offline
Shy Boomer
Dawna  Offline
Shy Boomer

London, Canada
Well..!! I can't believe it..!!! I got it..!!!

Here is where I went wrong (just in case someone else encounters the same problem).

My pedestal was way up in the air...I had to bring it back down (not underwater..but down) to water level..!!! I have not seen any "hints" about that...anywhere..!! Anyway...I was finally able to move forward..!!! I don't know what made me think of it...but...I stood in front of the cage...and...just observed..! Noticed that my pedestal was way up in the air (almost like a 2nd floor)...which made me say..hhhmmmm. Thought I'd try to lower it again..and..just see if that would help.

Thanx everybody for their help..!!

Onward I go..!!!

Done by Dunn
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109905
10/13/05 11:32 AM
10/13/05 11:32 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hey Dawna! That's a good catch. It never occured to me that we could raise the cage too high! I'll make a note of this for future reference.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109906
10/13/05 04:48 PM
10/13/05 04:48 PM
London, Canada
Dawna Offline
Shy Boomer
Dawna  Offline
Shy Boomer

London, Canada
WOW..!! That is a great compliment..!!!

After all...you are the MYST expert here..!! praise

I must have pressed one of the buttons twice to get my pedestal up there...and...just thought it was the place it was supposed to go to. So...I had the cage-turnin', door-openin' thing right all along and was doing all the running around and changing things when I didn't have to..!! Sheesh..!!!

I think I saw someone over at the MYST forums with what I think is the same problem. I should go over there and suggest that they check that out. It'll be nice to help someone else out...instead of asking for help..!!

BTW..I finished the game..!! Not my favourite MYST game...but...still loved it anyway..!!!

Thanks again for all your help...asked for...and...just found in your responses to other 'Boomers...!!

Done by Dunn
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109907
10/13/05 10:50 PM
10/13/05 10:50 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

lol yes that is a little different Dawna! I think there was somebody else might have been having that problem. I know one other person did have the exact opposite..they had the cage submerged, and also couldn't get out! laugh

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109908
10/14/05 02:36 AM
10/14/05 02:36 AM
USA
norm Offline
Settled Boomer
norm  Offline
Settled Boomer

USA
I am having trouble with the elevator to it tried the methods that dadguy said he did but it did not work for me at all when the elevator goes up to the top it comes down before I get a chance to give off a need help real bad

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn #109909
10/14/05 02:51 PM
10/14/05 02:51 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Norm, can you describe the symbol you are drawing to keep the Bahro busy on the touch pad?

Dadguy

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Graphium_Studio), 230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users