GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Do you ever abandon a game? [Re: Mikael] #1101817
02/25/17 05:21 AM
02/25/17 05:21 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Journeyman Project III - Legacy of Time - was my favourite of the series and is one of the best loved games in my collection smile

I'm not very good with "gadget operating" though so the first two Journeyman games were rather a struggle lol

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Do you ever abandon a game? [Re: nolalou] #1101843
02/25/17 11:21 AM
02/25/17 11:21 AM
SE Michigan
T
The Haze Offline
Addicted Boomer
The Haze  Offline
Addicted Boomer
T

SE Michigan
I like this thread because it shows how different we all are. I have bailed on a few games, but I loved all the MYST games and still think that URU is the best game ever made. I'm not knocking any of the above-stated opinions. I just like the idea that gamers are a really diverse bunch.

If all the people were heroes, there would be no one to watch the parades.
Re: Do you ever abandon a game? [Re: The Haze] #1101866
02/25/17 01:38 PM
02/25/17 01:38 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: The Haze
I like this thread because it shows how different we all are. I have bailed on a few games, but I loved all the MYST games and still think that URU is the best game ever made.

I like them too. Even when the puzzles are too much for me, I enjoy exploring the imaginative environments in the Myst games.

I wish Cyan had made another single-player game before releasing Uru. Not many Myst fans had fast enough Internet for the online version in 2003. 2003 was too early for an online game like Uru, and it didn't really have a chance.

Originally Posted By: Mikael
Some widescreen monitors can be set to Picture format - 4:3 in the menu. It can also sometimes be set in the monitor option in the Windows control panel, depending on the graphics card. That way, you get the same aspect ratio as on a CRT monitor, which most likely will reduce motion sickness. This method is also very usable for older games that display in a stretched-out format on widescreen monitors.

I've used that to prevent games from being horizontally stretched. But unfortunately it doesn't work to reduce motion sickness. Maybe because the black bars at the sides on a widescreen are the same distance from your eyes as the rest of the screen (as opposed to seeing around the sides of a 4:3 screen) or maybe there is something about new LCD screens themselves.

Re: Do you ever abandon a game? [Re: Jenny100] #1101913
02/26/17 09:46 AM
02/26/17 09:46 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
I do remember feeling bad not being able to finish Myst and Riven. Myst was just too hard for me and in the process of playing Riven I discovered that I really was more of a fan of third person games.

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Do you ever abandon a game? [Re: nolalou] #1102086
02/28/17 01:06 AM
02/28/17 01:06 AM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I never used to abandon a game for any reason. Decades ago, there weren't that many good ones for adventure players, so if you bailed, what then? These days, I am more prone to give up on a game if it turns out to be too "action" oriented but I didn't know this before buying it. Sometimes, you don't hear about that in players' comments because they don't mind or else they enjoy the stress. I can't take all that jumping and timed stuff and shooting.

So, for the first 25 years of gaming, I never quit a game until I'd finished it.
In the last five years, I have bailed on at least one game per year.

Re: Do you ever abandon a game? [Re: nolalou] #1102226
02/28/17 11:44 PM
02/28/17 11:44 PM
Barrackstadt, Arcadia
LeBelleRachael Offline
Settled Boomer
LeBelleRachael  Offline
Settled Boomer

Barrackstadt, Arcadia
Just abandoned Dreamfall Chapter!

Last edited by LeBelleRachael; 02/28/17 11:45 PM.

"Nobody murdered me. Or put me in a potato. Or fed me to birds. I had a pretty good life."

GLaDOS

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (hagatha), 236 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users