GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Digitization Of Sierra Classics Initiative (TDOSCI) #1100744
02/13/17 05:34 PM
02/13/17 05:34 PM
C
CTxCB Offline OP
Junior Boomer
CTxCB  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
C

http://tdosci.weebly.com -- I thought you guys might be interested in my website, it's been my pet project for a while. It's goal is bringing Sierra Classics (such as the Laura Bow, Aces and Hoyle games) to GOG.com for affordable prices using their 'Community Wishlist' feature and the help of the Sierra Community, instead of them being only on eBay for sometimes two to three figure amounts. This is done by having box art of titles not yet on GOG (supplied by Sierra Chest) with a click-through link to it's GOG Wishlist page.

The problem I could have with a project like this, though, is bringing a steady stream of traffic to the website. It's a one-time use sort of thing for a user, primarily because the site isn't prone to new content or regular updates. I see the usage being: 1) You go to the site. 2) You vote for the games via GOG Wishlist. 3) Optionally, social sharing... Then that's it, basically, you never return. To cover this, I'm looking to partner with other Sierra Sites. As in, have banners on each other's links page or something else feasible and free for both parties.

Re: The Digitization Of Sierra Classics Initiative (TDOSCI) [Re: CTxCB] #1100746
02/13/17 05:45 PM
02/13/17 05:45 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Good luck and welcome to GameBoomers CTxCB! Our members use the wishlist feature on GoG often and there are many Sierra fans here!

Why just GoG?

Ana wave

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 02/13/17 05:46 PM.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Digitization Of Sierra Classics Initiative (TDOSCI) [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1100747
02/13/17 05:49 PM
02/13/17 05:49 PM
C
CTxCB Offline OP
Junior Boomer
CTxCB  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
C

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Good luck and welcome to GameBoomers CTxCB! Our members use the wishlist feature on GoG often and there are many Sierra fans here!

Why just GoG?

Ana wave

Thanks for the warm welcome... lol Personally, I've chosen GOG because I feel it's the best fit for Sierra's catalog, personal preference; But if they were to go onto Steam too, I'd have no problem with that. But also, GOG's Community Wishlist feature makes it a much better option for getting Sierra's games available digitally, compared to Steam, which doesn't have anything similar.

Re: The Digitization Of Sierra Classics Initiative (TDOSCI) [Re: CTxCB] #1100749
02/13/17 05:53 PM
02/13/17 05:53 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
welcome to GameBoomers.

I'm all for getting the rest of the Sierra classics on GOG. I hope that we will see more and more of them as time goes by.

Re: The Digitization Of Sierra Classics Initiative (TDOSCI) [Re: Marian] #1100750
02/13/17 05:57 PM
02/13/17 05:57 PM
C
CTxCB Offline OP
Junior Boomer
CTxCB  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
C

Originally Posted By: Marian
welcome to GameBoomers.

I'm all for getting the rest of the Sierra classics on GOG. I hope that we will see more and more of them as time goes by.

Totally... Personally, I'd like to see the Laura Bow and EcoQuest games and The Adventures Of Willy Beamish on GOG. Thought a site with all the links to GOG WIshlists readily available would be a good way to help make that, and the others, happen.

Re: The Digitization Of Sierra Classics Initiative (TDOSCI) [Re: CTxCB] #1100751
02/13/17 05:59 PM
02/13/17 05:59 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I would like to see the Laura Bow games first and also Conquests of Camelot and Conquests of the Longbow. After that, bring on the rest!

Re: The Digitization Of Sierra Classics Initiative (TDOSCI) [Re: CTxCB] #1100761
02/13/17 07:01 PM
02/13/17 07:01 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
welcome to Gameboomers CTxCB.

Sierra and Lucas Films/Arts are my two favorite game companies of all time. luck

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: The Digitization Of Sierra Classics Initiative (TDOSCI) [Re: Space Quest Fan] #1100763
02/13/17 07:04 PM
02/13/17 07:04 PM
C
CTxCB Offline OP
Junior Boomer
CTxCB  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
C

Originally Posted By: Space Quest Fan
welcome to Gameboomers CTxCB.

Sierra and Lucas Films/Arts are my two favorite game companies of all time. luck

Thanks... I love LucasFilms/Arts too, but I feel a little sad when I think about them... About how they went from making amazing adventure games, probably the only ones as good as a Sierra adventure game, to pumping out only Star Wars games, to closing down.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Kaki's Sister), 301 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users