GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There - New IHOG on Big Fish #1099525
02/05/17 11:16 AM
02/05/17 11:16 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There here.

To view the comments and access the link to the Collector's Edition, click here.

Quote:
Your mother has mysteriously gone missing while doing research for her new book, but how do you find a city that technically doesn't exist? Carefully trace her steps into a lost city that's filled with mysterious creatures. Team up with your ferret-shapeshifter friend Bertha to find your mother. Can you rescue her before it's too late, or will you become the city's next victim? Find out in this haunting hidden-object puzzle adventure!

Check out our Blog Walkthrough.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! witch

Re: Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1099558
02/05/17 04:34 PM
02/05/17 04:34 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks Marian! wavegirl

Re: Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1099568
02/05/17 06:10 PM
02/05/17 06:10 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1100385
02/10/17 09:17 PM
02/10/17 09:17 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I bought this game and found it to be pretty good, long and involved, with some pretty original design ideas and uses for Inventory. The puzzles and minigames are too easy, and there is a LOT of running here and there (and the Map won't let you "jump"), but all in all, it is another game where the Series has gotten better and better as it went along.

I do have a little problem now, and thought I'd ask here, in hopes that others may have bought and started it, too. I finished the Main Game and I'm doing the Bonus Game. Right away, in almost the first scene, I found a TOBACCO PIPE that I lit with a FLINT. I need to use the pipe now (to benumb some honeybees), but it just sits there in Inventory, unresponsive to my clicking on it. Of course, this has me stopped dead.

Since I bought the CE, it came with a Strategy Guide, so I checked it out. It says the pipe label should have changed to SMOKING PIPE when I used the FLINT on it, but it didn't, even though it now is labeled with a "+" that the game has used all along to signify the item is ready to be used. It still is unresponsive to selection.

Any ideas? I don't think I can restart the Bonus Game, to try to redo this section.

Re: Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1100388
02/10/17 09:42 PM
02/10/17 09:42 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I just took a look at the Big Fish forums in the technical thread as well as another thread, and it looks like some other people have experienced a problem with the pipe, so I am very much afraid it is a bug.

Someone posted this workaround:

Quote:
Pick up the Flint in the Bedroom BEFORE you pick up the Pipe in the Main Room.
No problem then.

Re: Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1100392
02/10/17 09:57 PM
02/10/17 09:57 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I hope people see that BEFORE they start the Bonus Game. I don't think I can use it now.

Another small bug in the game is that it doesn't keep accurate track of the Collectibles and Morphing Objects that you can pick up along the way. Not that this is a big thing for me, but it is necessary to pick up the Puzzle Pieces if you want to do a series of little side puzzles (you can ignore them without compromising the game play). So, if you want to do that, it helps to know where you might have missed one. This became irrelevant. And it was distracting, when I checked the Map, to see so many scenes where I knew I had picked up all the objects but the Map said I hadn't .

Re: Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1100394
02/10/17 10:02 PM
02/10/17 10:02 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
That's unfortunate, and I am sorry that you ran into that bug, Reenie. It's possible that there will be a patch for this, but that doesn't do you any good now.

Re: Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1100457
02/11/17 12:58 PM
02/11/17 12:58 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yeah, unfortunately, I don't see any option to Restart the Bonus Game. But I wrote to BF, to see if a patch might be in the works. This is such a good game that would be a shame for it to be ash-canned over a bug.

Re: Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1100460
02/11/17 01:09 PM
02/11/17 01:09 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
That's good that you wrote to Big Fish. I would think that by now they are aware of the problem and can advise you as to whether or not there will be a patch to fix this.

Re: Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1100802
02/14/17 03:34 AM
02/14/17 03:34 AM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

They responded that they have no patch for the game, and the rest of their response was a form letter. So I don't have a sense that any fix is in the works for this game. They did send me a coupon to apply to the next game I want to buy, so although I am disappointed that I can't play the game through, I have been compensated.

It is a game that I otherwise would have rated very highly, due to its length, complexity and the creative twist on many aspects of the HOG genre.

Re: Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1100840
02/14/17 10:40 AM
02/14/17 10:40 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks for letting us know, Reenie. I wish EleFun would fix that bug. What I would probably do is play the game a couple years from now when I had forgotten most or all of it and make sure that I did things in the order mentioned above. Not optimal, but it would work.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 278 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users