GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1100857 - 02/14/17 01:29 PM Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ??
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I just fired up the original Discworld - despite my big stack of "not yet played" - because I KNOW it will make me laugh !! laugh

#1100862 - 02/14/17 01:39 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: Mad]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I just can't get myself to replay a game.

Enjoy your game!

Ana wave

#1100866 - 02/14/17 01:47 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Is it only casuals you re-play then, BrownEyedTigre ??

Tormentium and the like ??

#1100869 - 02/14/17 01:57 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: Mad]
Marian Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Discworld is a good choice for cheering you up. yes

For me, it would be Sam and Max Hit the Road, and also Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch. I get a kick out of Tex and Dave. grin

#1100872 - 02/14/17 02:04 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: Mad]
Ewil02 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Connecticut
I know it seems weird given the usual dark subject material, but I always like to play the Carol Reed games to cheer me up, especially in the winter. Mikael usually has photos of summertime which are bright and colorful in Sweden which usually helps to chase the winter blahs for me. The only thing that would make me happier would be if Mikael did a similar game with a tropical location (Caribbean or Mexico) pirate

#1100873 - 02/14/17 03:04 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: Mad]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA

Myst -- because it was my first adventure game and replaying reminds me of when I was first discovering them.

Also LucasArts adventure games, like Secret of Monkey Island. I think Monkey Island was my first 3rd person adventure game.

I can certainly see how Discworld or Carol Reed could cheer someone up, but they weren't among the first games I played.

#1100875 - 02/14/17 03:15 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: Mad]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Mad, I don't play any casuals the last couple years except for the MCF games. I played Tormentum and Fire (which I don't consider a casual) multiple times to complete the achievements to get 100% on Steam. grin That is a rarity!

#1100877 - 02/14/17 03:25 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: Jenny100]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

My first Adventure game was The Secret of Monkey Island. Before that I had only played things with graphics such as "Computer Golf".

Of course, I loved Monkey Island so much that afterwards I went looking to see if there were other Graphic Adventures available - in case I had been missing out !! lol

Discworld came later but I thought it was absolutely hilarious yes

EDIT :

oops Not only did I spell Tormentum wrong then, BrownEyedTigre, but I classified it wrongly as well ?? redface

Edited by Mad (02/14/17 03:31 PM)
Edit Reason: Replied to BET

#1100882 - 02/14/17 06:28 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: Mad]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
Of the Discworld games I prefer Discworld Noir.
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic

#1100894 - 02/14/17 08:26 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood
Of the Discworld games I prefer Discworld Noir.

... but does it cheer you up?

Tormentum was pretty good, but I wouldn't say it cheered me up.

#1100900 - 02/14/17 10:37 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: Jenny100]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

I very much like Discworld Noir too - but it didn't make me laugh as much as Discworld.
And whilst I also enjoyed Tormentum I certainly don't think it's a "cheer one up" game woozy

#1100970 - 02/15/17 08:01 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: Mad]
Space Quest Fan Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Upper Arlington, Ohio
I never played Discworld Noir but I have heard really good things about it. Mad I loved both Discworld 1 & 2. thumbsup

Games that cheer me up are:

All the Monkey Island games
Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2
The Longest Journey
Grim Fandango
Day of the Tentacle
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

#1100977 - 02/15/17 09:28 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: Mad]
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
While I could not say playing a full game cheered me up, there are some games that I have started up just for the joy and comfort of visiting someplace familiar. Walking around Riven and Ae'gura in Uru was an escape for me, though I have lost my access to Uru since I had my computer revamped. Sometimes I load up the roller coaster in Amateria and go for a ride.

#1100983 - 02/15/17 11:20 PM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: colpet]
Mikael Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sweden
Originally Posted By: colpet
While I could not say playing a full game cheered me up, there are some games that I have started up just for the joy and comfort of visiting someplace familiar. Walking around Riven and Ae'gura in Uru was an escape for me, though I have lost my access to Uru since I had my computer revamped. Sometimes I load up the roller coaster in Amateria and go for a ride.

I myself like to revisit the roller coaster ride in Myst III.

#1101012 - 02/16/17 10:39 AM Re: Is There a Game that Cheers You Up ?? [Re: colpet]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Originally Posted By: colpet

After finishing the online version of Uru, I used to revisit the room in K'Veer with the giant arch -- a location which is not available in the single-player version of Uru -- the last picture on this page
http://www.florestica.com/hpotd/caverns_islands_and_great_shaft/kveer/index.html

You can walk around the room and see different views out the window.

I haven't tried logging into Myst Online for a while.
It's inconvenient to have to log in online as opposed to having the game installed 100% on your computer, and you run into problems like slowdowns or getting kicked oout of the game because of connectivity problems or server issues. It would be nice if Cyan could release those parts of Uru that weren't included in the original game so they could be played without a remote server.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
2 registered (Kaki's Sister, Urban Worrier), 91 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Annirogi, CTxCB, TimeCatcher, carol71, Michael443
8906 Registered Users