GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Quern - Undying Thoughts #1101785
02/24/17 08:41 PM
02/24/17 08:41 PM
St. Charles, Illinois
B
Burt Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Burt  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

St. Charles, Illinois
Hello Folks,

Not getting the response I should be getting at The Summit. I have prepared the plant concoction according to the recipe, poured it into the funnel, and it kills the plant covering the panel. Nevertheless, I cannot open the panel door. In the walkthrough, when the plant dies, the center button on the panel doors lights up. However, when I kill my plant, that center button does not light up, and I cannot open the panel door. I have gone through the process of creating the "poison" twice (a very laborious process!) with no success. Any help here would be appreciated --- thanks ---- Burt

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1101788
02/24/17 09:14 PM
02/24/17 09:14 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Let's hope that another Quern player will come along who can help you. wave

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1101790
02/24/17 09:18 PM
02/24/17 09:18 PM
St. Charles, Illinois
B
Burt Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Burt  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

St. Charles, Illinois
Thanks Marian ---- hope so ---

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1101802
02/25/17 12:04 AM
02/25/17 12:04 AM
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer
GreyFuss  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Burt

All I can remember is that you have to have your telescope aimed at the target that activates that button. If it is not, your button will not light up. Hope this helps you...great game. Best of the year IMO.

"Don't Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful...There Are Many Other Reasons!"
Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: GreyFuss] #1101803
02/25/17 12:05 AM
02/25/17 12:05 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks, GreyFuss. I was hoping you would see this thread. smile

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1101808
02/25/17 12:50 AM
02/25/17 12:50 AM
St. Charles, Illinois
B
Burt Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Burt  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

St. Charles, Illinois
OK GreyFuss ----thanks much for responding.

I'm assuming you mean the telescope in the Mechanics room, not the telescope that transported us to the Summit. I don't know where that telescope is pointed at the moment, I haven't completed that lens puzzle. Will go back there and take a look and compete viewing all three targets.

Can't work on this any more tonite --- will continue in next couple of days and will let you know if have been successful in getting the panel button to light.

Thanks again, Greyfuss ---- Burt

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1101810
02/25/17 01:09 AM
02/25/17 01:09 AM
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer
GreyFuss  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yes Burt, it is the telescope with the different lenses that when done correctly and aimed at the summit target, charges the cabinet doors.

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1101986
02/27/17 12:34 AM
02/27/17 12:34 AM
St. Charles, Illinois
B
Burt Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Burt  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

St. Charles, Illinois
Hi Greyfuss -- well, I'm stuck. I have lit up the Summit target on the mountainside with the correct lenses in the telescope (target II at 347 degrees -- has a blue light beside it ---a similar blue light on the wall next to the telescope opening lights up as well) --- I go back to the Summit --- plant is dead --- center button on panel still not lit --- can't open panel doors. From this location, I can zoom in on the mountainside holding the glass that receives the light beam from the telescope and it is clearly lit up, as is the blue light beside it. And, I see the wires going from this mountainside light to the panel, so --- should work --- but does not --- panel button still not lit. ??? Something's missing --- what --- ???

I have also successfully lit target I (70 degrees) and have not figured out what that does, except part of the inside room of the Mechanics lab rotates to block or unblock one of the doors to the lab (as it does when I light target II).

I have not been able to light up target III because I need to find the last lens that is missing. I have a feeling that I need to get the panel on the Summit open to eventually find this lens.

Any ideas you have that might help would be appreciated --- thanks much Greyfuss ---Burt

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1102051
02/27/17 03:37 PM
02/27/17 03:37 PM
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer
GreyFuss  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Burt

I was hoping I had a save earlier in the game but when I tried it all my saves are closer to the end. But here is what I remember...If you have the right lens configuration to match the target on the side of the mountain you should get a white flash of light when you aim the telescope at the target. This tells you that you are correct with your lenses, if you don't see the flash of white light you should check your configuration as it may be off. It is easy to miss something on those lenses. So if you don't see the white flash of light then the cabinet is not powered up, if you do see the flash the you should immediately go to the summit white the target is lit and it should be powered up.

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1102057
02/27/17 04:40 PM
02/27/17 04:40 PM
St. Charles, Illinois
B
Burt Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Burt  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

St. Charles, Illinois
Hi GreyFuss

I do see the white flash --- I go immediately to the summit and can see that the target on the mountain is lit, yet the panel button is not lit, and I cannot open the panel doors.

Perhaps the sequence of events is important? ie, I first killed the plant, then lit up the target with the telescope. Maybe the game requires that I light up the target then kill the plant ??

I guess the only thing I can do now is go back to a saved game and work my way up to the summit again, then, light up the target before I kill the plant. It's a drag, but don't know what else to do.

Thanks much for your help, GreyFuss.

Burt

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1102060
02/27/17 04:57 PM
02/27/17 04:57 PM
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer
GreyFuss  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Have you opened any other cabinets?

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1102063
02/27/17 05:53 PM
02/27/17 05:53 PM
St. Charles, Illinois
B
Burt Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Burt  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

St. Charles, Illinois
Yes, have opened all the cabinets with special diagrammed light patterns. Have also opened two other panels like the one I am having trouble with --- one of those panels revealed a pattern of switches that had to be rotated to the correct position to complete a path from top of panel to bottom. Correctly solved that.

Need to leave now --- will return to this in the next day or so --- thanks again --- Burt

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1102166
02/28/17 04:21 PM
02/28/17 04:21 PM
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer
GreyFuss  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Burt

Been trying to figure out whats happening with your play and why you can't get into that box. Take a look at this picture...is this the target you have been aiming at? http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/GreyFuss/Urntitled_zpsjlspkjux.jpg

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1102174
02/28/17 05:11 PM
02/28/17 05:11 PM
St. Charles, Illinois
B
Burt Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Burt  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

St. Charles, Illinois
Hi GreyFuss

Found the problem! It turn out that the target needs first to be lit up by the flashlight in inventory with the blue lens --- changes the cursor to a circle with a dot in center. This cursor needs to be be placed on the target --- clicking opens covers of the target lens. Then, going to Mechanics Lab to telescope, light up the target (white lite flash)-- go to Summit --- panel center button is lit! Open -- solve puzzle -- get last lens needed!

I have no idea why I would get the white light flash when I trained the telescope on the target on past tries, yet target panel was not energized ??? It will remain a mystery -- but now moving on!

GreyFuss, thanks much for your willingness to help me on this --- it is much appreciated. Now looking forward to moving ahead in the game --- I just watched the large rock in the Main Square lower to make the tower entrance available ---it was awesome!

Burt

Re: Quern - Undying Thoughts [Re: Burt] #1102176
02/28/17 05:15 PM
02/28/17 05:15 PM
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer
GreyFuss  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Awesome Burt

I had assumed that you already had used that sounder to open the targets doors when you said you had the lenses arranged in the correct pattern. Anyway...you have a long way to go in this fantastic world my friend...I am jealous as I have lived the feeling of that unknown.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 363 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users