GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Myst 4 Revelation #1102294
03/01/17 03:47 PM
03/01/17 03:47 PM
Wiltshire, UK
K
kingpin Offline OP
Shy Boomer
kingpin  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
K

Wiltshire, UK
Hi Guys. Sorry to trouble you and I hope I've come to the right place.
I have downloaded the Gameboomers walkthrough for myst 4 but when I got to Chapter 4 Haven the printing has changed from black on white to white on black. Is there any way that I can change this back? Chapter 5 Serenia part 2 reverted back to the original.
Any help you can give will be welcome.
Thank you.
kingpin

Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: kingpin] #1102296
03/01/17 03:51 PM
03/01/17 03:51 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
This sounds like possibly an issue with your printer and its settings, so I have moved your post over to Glitches. Hopefully someone here will be able to help you out.

And you are not troubling us - we are here to try to help. wave

Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: kingpin] #1102298
03/01/17 04:26 PM
03/01/17 04:26 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Which of the 4 walkthroughs did you print out? The first one by Bert Jamin IS black background with white print.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: kingpin] #1102301
03/01/17 05:23 PM
03/01/17 05:23 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
Hi Kingpin,
There are four walkthroughs for this game on GB. Only one of them (by the late Bert Jamin) is in color. If that's the one you are referring to, you can print it in Black with White background if you copy the walkthrough to WORDPAD, which comes with every Windows PC. If you copy it to WORDPAD, it will appear in normal Black with White background but without any images that are in the original walkthrough. Then when you print it out, you will then get it in black and white. I hope this helps you.
Sandy

Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: kingpin] #1102311
03/01/17 05:44 PM
03/01/17 05:44 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I have no idea why Haven would print white on black while all other pages would print black on white. Usually my browser/printer combination automatically uses the version that takes up the least ink, which means colored backgrounds turn up white in the printout.

If I use "Print Preview" in Firefox, the Haven page as well as the other walkthrough pages show up with white backgrounds. I'm not sure about what other browsers show.

What does "Print Preview" in your web browser show when looking at the Haven page? Maybe it was a temporary glitch.

When something goes wrong when printing from a webpage, the best solution I've found is to copy the webpage to a different program, like MS Word (if you have it), Wordpad if it works for the pictures, or Libre Office Writer (similar to MS Word).

Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: kingpin] #1102366
03/02/17 04:27 AM
03/02/17 04:27 AM
Wiltshire, UK
K
kingpin Offline OP
Shy Boomer
kingpin  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
K

Wiltshire, UK
Hi Guys.
Thanking all who replied to my query, I don't think I made it clear, it was not the printing of the walkthrough that was causing the problem, but rather the downloading from the Gameboomers website to my computer.
Maybe there is another reason for this and that someone can advise me what to do.
Thanks.
kingpin

Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: kingpin] #1102390
03/02/17 09:37 AM
03/02/17 09:37 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
When I save the walkthrough webpages to my computer desktop and then open them from the desktop with Firefox, they all appear with a black background, just the same as they do online -- pale, aqua-colored text on a black background.

If I "print to pdf" I get black text on a white background.

What web browser are you using to save the webpages?
Are you saving as an html file or as a doc file or pdf or some other file type?

Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: kingpin] #1102469
03/03/17 07:21 AM
03/03/17 07:21 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
I have an iMac computer and when I copy and paste from GB it does the same thing. What I do to make the text black and the background white is change the "text" color from white to black, and the "background" color from black to white.

I use the tools bar in text-edit to make the changes. I click on the background box in the tool bar and change it to white. Then I highlight the text and click on the tool bar box to change the "color" of the text to white.

Maybe Kingpin can make the changes using the tool bar to change both the background to white and the typing to black before he prints. It might have to be done for each page.

Gerry
Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: kingpin] #1102499
03/03/17 11:43 AM
03/03/17 11:43 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA

In the past, I've downloaded multi-webpage walkthroughs where one webpage would save with the background being different than the others -- similar to what you described. I never figured out exactly why. If I re-downloaded the odd webpage it would be the same way.

One guess as to why it happens is that the webpages are being cached somewhere, and the slightly damaged/altered download that displays differently from the other webpages (after being saved to your computer) is being cached somewhere between the Gameboomers website and your computer, and sent to you every time you try to download the webpage. Unfortunately the caching server doesn't know it has an altered copy of the webpage, doesn't replace it, and continues serving it out. It's possible that if you tried to save the odd webpage in another month, or year, the cache would have been cleaned in the interim and you could get a version of the odd webpage that displayed the same background as the others. But who wants to wait that long.

There could be other reasons why the one webpage is saving and displaying differently from the others, but the easiest thing to do is to edit the colors the way you want on the saved webpage. If you are saving the walkthrough pages as .htm or .html files, you may be able to change how they're displayed in the options of your web browser. To permanently change the colors in the downloaded webpage, you need a program that can edit .htm and .html files. The Seamonkey web browser has something called "Composer" built in that can edit webpages. Microsoft used to have "FrontPage" which I used before they discontinued it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_FrontPage

If you can save or paste the contents of the webpage into a .doc file, you can edit background colors through Word or a similar program.

Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: kingpin] #1102856
03/06/17 04:31 PM
03/06/17 04:31 PM
Wiltshire, UK
K
kingpin Offline OP
Shy Boomer
kingpin  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
K

Wiltshire, UK
Hi Guys.
Firstly may I thank all who answered my query regarding downloading a walkthrough for myst 5.
I am happy to say that the problem has been fixed. The problem was that I downloaded the walkthrough but cut off the top part that showed the main details.
For fear of being a nuisance can I ask for some more advice with this game?
Is there anyone there who can forward some clear icons that I need to copy onto the slates to progress further, the one I am having trouble with is the icon for The Keep.
Thank you.
kingpin

Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: kingpin] #1102860
03/06/17 04:39 PM
03/06/17 04:39 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Are you asking about Myst 4 or Myst 5 ?
Haven is in Myst 4.
The slates and the "Keep" are in Myst 5.

If the pictures in the walkthroughs aren't good enough, try a YouTube walkthrough or Let's Play like this one
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL16FDB6702D1E8F73

Re: Myst 4 Revelation [Re: kingpin] #1102866
03/06/17 05:51 PM
03/06/17 05:51 PM
Wiltshire, UK
K
kingpin Offline OP
Shy Boomer
kingpin  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
K

Wiltshire, UK
Thanks Jenny 100.
Hopefully I won't need to ask any more questions. although, as has been said before, the ones that answer our queries don't mind.
Thanks again.
kingpin.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (flotsam), 523 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users