GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#109712 - 10/04/05 07:49 PM Re: MYST V End of Ages
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
Hey DrDel happydance laugh I did it! The secret for me was not how good or exceptional my drawing is/was - these Bahro's apparently cannot draw as good as the worst drawers here on GB. They are fussy as to WHERE you drop your slate! I searched out C. Buda's walkthrough to see what he has to say about this (and other) sequences and he describes a slightly different approach to this puzzle, check it out on gameover (I think) if you are interested in his approach. I dropped my crude drawing outside that "dome" and stepped over to the telescope, and checked in the eyepiece after he took my slate and sure enough there is is/was! On the pedestal of pillar #2! Oh Joy laugh that makes me feel so good.
I have a strange situation here after drawing the next symbol the 2 circles with one arm on the right upraised and only one leg - After linking to pillar #3 (? I think that is where I am) both Bert and Coehlo do not describe what I am experiencing...I am able to climb down a ladder to the tram platform and turn around and climb up the other ladder to the center where the dome is, have entered and found Esher (once) and do not see the need to raise or lower the trolley any more. However I do not know how to get it to take me anywhere...this is so confusing - there are 2 pedestals? and I need to do all that linking back and forth and around and around to find the second pedestal? Going to take a break now for a bit, what with this cold and my sore throat these 2 w/t's are making me dizzy~ woozy lol woozy Will be back later to see if anyone can make some sense of this/these for me. See ya later, gator! laugh
Love, Betty Lou

#109713 - 10/04/05 09:03 PM Re: MYST V End of Ages
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Betty Lou Brewer Jones:
Hey DrDel happydance laugh I did it! The secret for me was not how good or exceptional my drawing is/was - these Bahro's apparently cannot draw as good as the worst drawers here on GB. They are fussy as to WHERE you drop your slate! I searched out C. Buda's walkthrough to see what he has to say about this (and other) sequences and he describes a slightly different approach to this puzzle, check it out on gameover (I think) if you are interested in his approach. I dropped my crude drawing outside that "dome" and stepped over to the telescope, and checked in the eyepiece after he took my slate and sure enough there is is/was! On the pedestal of pillar #2! Oh Joy laugh that makes me feel so good.
Good stuff Betty Lou! laugh
I don't think the location you drop it is so important, but the important thing is that it worked for you. But it is fun to drop them by the telescopes where you can see a given pedestal.. if you are quick enough to peek through them again, you can actually see silly Bahro putting the slate on the pedestal! I thought that was quite funny! lol

Quote:
I have a strange situation here after drawing the next symbol the 2 circles with one arm on the right upraised and only one leg - After linking to pillar #3 (? I think that is where I am) both Bert and Coehlo do not describe what I am experiencing...I am able to climb down a ladder to the tram platform and turn around and climb up the other ladder to the center where the dome is, have entered and found Esher (once) and do not see the need to raise or lower the trolley any more. However I do not know how to get it to take me anywhere...this is so confusing - there are 2 pedestals? and I need to do all that linking back and forth and around and around to find the second pedestal?
I'm a little confused too smile I don't know what the two chaps are saying in their walkthroughs.
As for pedestals, there is pedestal #1 in the bubble where you linked in on (the pillar where the Red Room and telescope controls are); pedestal #2 with the top circle, three lines and three circles; and pedestal #3 with the two concentric circles, one line off to upper right and one line down. There is only one more pedestal, that is the Keep pedestal, and it isn't on the third pillar.

You did turn the power on in the second dome yes? You will need to do that to get the tram to go anywhere. You'll need to ride the tram to get the final telescope setting, and also, inside the second dome on that third pillar, there is another slate symbol that you'll need in order to finish solving this world and to be able to locate and see the Keep symbol.

smile

#109714 - 10/04/05 10:11 PM Re: MYST V End of Ages
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Hi gang,

I'll add one more thing to DrDel's last part of his last post.

The reason you can't get down to the Tram from Pedestal #3 location is that the tram was pulled out so you could rotate the gear on Pillar #1 so you could see the symbol on pedestal #2 from the telescope.

So, you won't be able to get into the building on the pillar with pedestal #3 until you return the tram to the dock on pillar #3.

To do this you have to go back to the home pillar and go back down to the dock and "push" the tram all the way back to the LEFT (towards pillar #3) by using the controls there. You'll know it's all the way back when the motors won't move it any farther.

Have fun,

Dadguy

#109715 - 10/05/05 12:16 AM Re: MYST V End of Ages
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by dadguy:
Hi gang,

I'll add one more thing to DrDel's last part of his last post.

The reason you can't get down to the Tram from Pedestal #3 location is that the tram was pulled out so you could rotate the gear on Pillar #1 so you could see the symbol on pedestal #2 from the telescope.

So, you won't be able to get into the building on the pillar with pedestal #3 until you return the tram to the dock on pillar #3.
That was the part that really had me scratching my head, dadguy. From Betty Lou's post it sounded clearly that she had no trouble climbing down the tram ladder and going into the dome... but as we know, we have to move the tram a little to get it's pulley wheel out of the way in order to see that symbol on the skinny pillar in the first place.

#109716 - 10/05/05 01:09 AM Re: MYST V End of Ages
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

I had not trouble seeing all the symbols I needed to see through the telescopes AND had pushed the control lever for the tram to left some time ago...that must be why I had no problem climbing into the tram and up the other ladder to the walkway into the dome. So I guess I can just proceed as both w/t's say to...will check back with you tomorrow and let you know where I am then. Thanks for your help.
Love, Betty Lou

#109717 - 10/05/05 05:44 AM Re: MYST V End of Ages
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Betty Lou I'm playing Myst V and am having pretty much the same problems you are. But my game crashed and rebooted when I was by the lake trying to do the "heat" puzzle.

mad When I tried to go back in the game all my saved games were corupted and I had to start the game from the beginning! cry

I was not happy! I had to do the frozen lake thing all over again and I had a terrible time getting the left lever on the blue dot side to move to the right. I also had a hard time just getting the puzzle to "activate" so the levers were engaged so they could be moved! woozy

I have finished looking thru the telescope and am about to reenter the bubble so I am about where you are.

I hope no one else has the technical problems I am having. My computer crashed to the desk top several times and twiced rebooted all my it self!! I have a Sony multi media Pentium 4 with hyperthreading and a Radeon 9200 video so I don't know why it is crashing and rebooting.

Any one else having similar problems? think

#109718 - 10/05/05 08:05 AM Re: MYST V End of Ages
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

OK, Betty, I think I've got where you are now.

If you are actually down on the tram (with the lever in the middle of the floor), you now have access to the building and have to go in to start power and open up some doors.

Starting power is the same as the power startup in the RED room. A left and a right lever that have to be set for maximum brightness to get the outer ring rotating.

Explore the place for clues and it's beauty.

Dadguy

#109719 - 10/05/05 08:09 AM Re: MYST V End of Ages
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kaki's Sis,

I had no problems at all with the game.

A reboot!? Sounds like that may be a virus, unrelated to Myst V.

Dadguy

#109720 - 10/05/05 10:01 AM Re: MYST V End of Ages
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Aside from your crashing being a technical glitch Kaki's sis, you might try this little trick someone else told me about for another game that did that to me - exit the game to your desktop, find the shortcut icon on your desktop and RIGHT CLICK on it to bring up a short menu, choose PROPERTIES and left click to open, choose to mark "compatibility mode" and apply. Exit this menu all the way back to desktop and try the game again. It may or may not help with this game. I am enjoying this one and have had no techie problems with it - yet - hope it stays that way!
Love, Betty Lou

#109721 - 10/05/05 02:23 PM Re: MYST V End of Ages
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
I had not trouble seeing all the symbols I needed to see through the telescopes AND had pushed the control lever for the tram to left some time ago...that must be why I had no problem climbing into the tram ...
Ah! Okie that makes sense now Betty Lou smile
It's difficult to tell sometimes from people's posts if they have done a thing or not, and I hate to give away something they might not want to be spoiled on, so they could discover it for themselves. smile

#109722 - 10/05/05 05:34 PM Re: MYST V End of Ages
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

I'm back! I am in Laki'ahn and have dealt with the windmill. Yet when I go back into the "larger" cage and I see the smaller cage and the pedestal on top of it, with the side open to me I cannot walk under that small cage - the game won't let me, keeps turning me around. And I do not see any way to "climb up" to the pedestal to see the double triangle symbol - am I doing something wrong? This is so frustrating not to be able to go where I want to go! If however I am not supposed to go under that small cage then I'll accept that, just how the heck did you guys climb up to that pedestal? frown grrrr!
Love, Betty Lou

#109723 - 10/05/05 06:43 PM Re: MYST V End of Ages
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
I'm back! I am in Laki'ahn and have dealt with the windmill. Yet when I go back into the "larger" cage and I see the smaller cage and the pedestal on top of it, with the side open to me I cannot walk under that small cage - the game won't let me, keeps turning me around. And I do not see any way to "climb up" to the pedestal to see the double triangle symbol - am I doing something wrong? This is so frustrating not to be able to go where I want to go! If however I am not supposed to go under that small cage then I'll accept that, just how the heck did you guys climb up to that pedestal? frown grrrr!
Love, Betty Lou
You may have to make an adjustment.. is the pedestal 'at' water level? (not below with tablet submerged, or up in the air..just 'at' water level)

#109724 - 10/05/05 07:37 PM Re: MYST V End of Ages
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

drdel, the pedestal is above the water over my head - maybe I pulled one of the levers too many times? Bert says to pull right one once and Coehlo says to pull it 3 X - this is confusing! woozy And thanks for coming by sweetie :kiss: You and dadguy are so helpful to little ole me laugh
P.S. I had to delete some of my earlier saves, had about 80 and it seemed to be slowing down a scene loading so deleted about 20 - really don't need them and I took a LOT of pictures/saves! Probably more than I needed to.. rolleyes
Love, Betty Lou

#109725 - 10/05/05 07:41 PM Re: MYST V End of Ages
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
drdel, the pedestal is above the water over my head - maybe I pulled one of the levers too many times? Bert says to pull right one once and Coehlo says to pull it 3 X - this is confusing! woozy And thanks for coming by sweetie :kiss: You and dadguy are so helpful to little ole me laugh
smile yep you're going to have to bring the pedestal down a bit before you'll be able to step onto it. laugh

Oh, just read the bit about Bert and the other guy..
the big lever at the left you pull to turn the cage controls on.. the left smaller lever you pull once, to raise the pedestal to the water level (you can pull it more to adjust the pedestal until it's at the right level).. it's the right lever you pull more than once..to rotate the cage bars around so you can get in there, or else turn it so it is open to the second stream area.

#109726 - 10/05/05 09:37 PM Re: MYST V End of Ages
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
dadguy I had the same problem when I played the Path of the Shell and URU. I crashed in the game and my computer rebooted and my saved games were corrupted so I had to start all over actually 3 times before I was able to complete URU and Path of Shell.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
19 registered (mayday_, flutist, Draclvr, InlandAZ, Jfi, Jarkeld, escakacs, Mad, auntiegram, Marian), 89 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Newest Members
shaun9991, weakstorm, 123pazu, dawnmann, Colour
8419 Registered Users