GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#110529 - 02/05/06 11:46 AM Re: Mag Help!-80 days(new request)
pdbugdoodle Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Northern CA
Leeana,

The resolution fix will only help resolve a problem with viewing the whole puzzle (of one of the last three puzzles) for lowering the left side of the sloop. Some people can only see 6 of the 9 tiles of the right pattern where they don't know what color 3 of them are so they can't finish the puzzle. If this is what you need to do here is a step by step fix:

1. Pull up the menu and select "Options"
2. Go to resolution and select "1024 X 768" (my earlier message suggested 640 x ? which is going the wrong way...MY BAD - my dislexic brain goofed on that one. Sorry!)
3. For good measure (and because the higher resolution draws harder on your resources) I also shut down several options such as anti-aliasing, shadows, and lowered my graphics & texture to the lowest setting. This really helped some of the slow lag time problems.
4. Once the settings are set, hit the "accept" button.
5. Then hit the back button and then resume your game.

After you have completed this puzzle you can restore your prior settings and continue as before.

Hope this helps!
pd

MaG,
Thanks for the advice...I thought that each player would have earned extra time at the end based on how well and quickly they had played up to the end because my time is SO short at the end I can barely get back to the furnace with one load before I'm deemed a bad nephew (which I must say is a new one on me...now "bad" at anything else I'll grant them, but it'll take some "work" before I'm a nephew). I'm gonna give it another shot...hmm, I wonder if I leave the settings as is after my left sloop puzzle through the end & shut down my subtitles to boot if that might speed up my response time. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!
pd

#110531 - 02/06/06 12:11 PM Re: Mag Help!-80 days(new request)
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Leana

I played through a part from a save for someone--in order to get that save to show in my load screen, I had to create a temporary folder and move my other saves out, leaving just the one I wanted--

I don't know that will work, but it did for me-- luck

#110532 - 02/06/06 01:10 PM Re: Mag Help!-80 days(new request)
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Leeana,
Don't give up. It should be the very first in the load screens. Use the green button on the left of the pictures to scroll to the beginning. This Yokohama will be separated from the others if the saved game is placed in the correct folder. luck

#110534 - 02/08/06 08:13 AM Re: Mag Help!-80 days(new request)
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
ok Ive tried and tried and tried its useless there is no way that this game will let that big buddah by the red bridge turn around Ive even changed (1024x768)my resolutions, but to no avail there is only 2 things I could possibly do eighter
1)I can sit around to see if im the only one this game is doing this to Or...
2) just exit the game and wait for Keepsake to come out and I would preferr the first Idea so anyone out there with any Ideas please help I hate to keep annoying Mag I feel so bad that Mag has to put up with a ditz like me....
rolleyes help

#110535 - 02/08/06 08:32 AM Re: Mag Help!-80 days(new request)
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Texas
Leeana the big Buddha by the red bridge doesn't turn around. You need to climb up on the bridge railing and get on the rope and hand over hand[using the rope] go to the big stone behind him. The button you need to push for this one is at the very top of the stone.

Sue

#110536 - 02/08/06 08:56 AM Re: Mag Help!-80 days(new request)
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer

hello texaslady, yes I did that a number of times Ive gone to the red bridge dropped the big wood went to the rope jumped up on the rope Ive moved down towards the budda with my hands then jumped just on the backside of the buddah and went on the round circle that is lighted up green I stand there in the fog with snow coming down Ive not done this once ive about done this over 50 times ive downloaded till I couldnt download anymore Ive turned the resolution up and down and well this game hates me frown

I just really dont know what to do next.....

#110537 - 02/08/06 09:05 AM Re: Mag Help!-80 days(new request)
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

Leena have you turned anti-aliasing and all those other things off in your game options? Have you turned off all other programs in the background? I'm not positive but I think this is one that he pushes down with his hands.

Sue

#110538 - 02/08/06 09:27 AM Re: Mag Help!-80 days(new request)
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Leeana,

I just replayed this part twice. Hand over hand on that rope.
One way other than jumping right on the green lit circle and then clicking is ------
Jump down on the side - not on the very top.
This would make Oliver slightly lower than the circle. Then, make that circle light up.
Click then and Oliver will walk and press the button and the Buddha turns.
See if that works for you.

#110539 - 02/08/06 10:53 AM Re: Mag Help!-80 days(new request)
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer

texas no I havent done that yet Im going to try that ((wish me luck))

Mag Yes I've done it that way too Ive gone below that little step and Ive even dropped on the other side and walked up to the green circle even Jumped down on the green circle Im sorry I just feel so bad I truly wish one of these suggestions might work Im going to try tevaslady idea later Im at work right now smile see you all Later smile

#110540 - 02/08/06 10:58 AM Re: Mag Help!-80 days(new request)
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Try left mouse click when you see the green lit circle no matter where you are (above, to the side of circle) and see what happens.

#110541 - 02/08/06 12:13 PM Re: Mag Help!-80 days(new request)
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Have you tried restoring all settings to default? I ask because doing so solved someone else's strange glitch--though at a different spot-- luck

#110724 - 02/14/06 11:09 PM 80 days airship
flotsam Offline
Staff Reviewer
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi,
Am trying to rescue the bird and having no luck I checked MaGs walkthrough. So I know I have to crouch to move across the top of the airship. But even though I do that I can't get past the overhang - I just get stuck, like its a barrier you can't cross. I had thought originally this meant I couldn't go this way, but having checked, it seems I am at the right spot.
Am I missing something?? Or am I indeed at the wrong spot?

#110725 - 02/14/06 11:40 PM Re: 80 days airship
Rice burner Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Oregon
Hi Flotsam, try moving Oliver right or left a little to see if it will help in getting past the overhang. With the 3D its very picky about placement.
Kay

#110729 - 02/16/06 04:10 AM Re: 80 days airship
flotsam Offline
Staff Reviewer
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Canberra, Australia
ok got it, after much fussing and fiddling.
Then he got stuck on the rope and wouldn't move, or get off; he was sort of hanging in midair on nothing.
Its certainly has its little glitches - I now have a failed mission message that won't leave the screen.

#110730 - 02/16/06 06:52 AM Re: 80 days airship
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

Flotsam posted:

I am sick of knocking on doors in the Behemouth. Anyone remember the room number for the radio parts?

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (shroeder, curly, 1 invisible), 64 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Cabb, Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp
8542 Registered Users