The resolution fix will only help resolve a problem with viewing the whole puzzle (of one of the last three puzzles) for lowering the left side of the sloop. Some people can only see 6 of the 9 tiles of the right pattern where they don't know what color 3 of them are so they can't finish the puzzle. If this is what you need to do here is a step by step fix:
1. Pull up the menu and select "Options"
2. Go to resolution and select "1024 X 768" (my earlier message suggested 640 x ? which is going the wrong way...MY BAD - my dislexic brain goofed on that one. Sorry!)
3. For good measure (and because the higher resolution draws harder on your resources) I also shut down several options such as anti-aliasing, shadows, and lowered my graphics & texture to the lowest setting. This really helped some of the slow lag time problems.
4. Once the settings are set, hit the "accept" button.
5. Then hit the back button and then resume your game.
After you have completed this puzzle you can restore your prior settings and continue as before.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the advice...I thought that each player would have earned extra time at the end based on how well and quickly they had played up to the end because my time is SO short at the end I can barely get back to the furnace with one load before I'm deemed a bad nephew (which I must say is a new one on me...now "bad" at anything else I'll grant them, but it'll take some "work" before I'm a nephew). I'm gonna give it another shot...hmm, I wonder if I leave the settings as is after my left sloop puzzle through the end & shut down my subtitles to boot if that might speed up my response time. I'll let you know how it goes.
Love well and live as if tomorrow wasn't another day.