GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#110965 - 02/12/06 07:32 PM Voyage
Turbo Fire Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: New Hampshire
Hi all Turbo here playing Voyage now can't seem to get a handle on the base 20 math any teachers out there?
Please hep me!!!

#110966 - 02/12/06 07:48 PM Re: Voyage
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Turbo,

You should see 2 numbers on the panel and 2 numbers on the floor in front of the panel.
Those are the numbers you will add.
One dot is 1and a bar is 5.
You add the right number on the panel to the right number on the floor. Same goes for the left number.
The only change is that if you add the right numbers and it goes over 20; then one is added to the 2 numbers on the left. For example: the sum is 23 of the right numbers. Then 3 is kept on the right column and one is added to the left columm numbers. luck

#110967 - 02/13/06 11:56 AM Re: Voyage
misskedi Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Turbo and Mag,

I'm just starting Voyage too. I guess I am about where Turbo is, only I don't even see any numbers on the floor! I see green lights on the panel right of gate, but don't know what to do with them.

And math isn't my thing either....

Mag, said I'd see you soon..well here I am and glad you are, too!

Turbo, let me know how you are doing.

Misskedi

#110968 - 02/13/06 12:32 PM Re: Voyage
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Misskedi,

You might be at a different panel than where the base 20 is used. Can you tell us eactly where you are located and also what you see on the panel.

#110969 - 02/13/06 01:02 PM Re: Voyage
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Texas
Misskedi are you locked behind gates at the top of the Necropolis?

Sue

#110970 - 02/13/06 05:45 PM Re: Voyage
Turbo Fire Offline
Shy Boomer

Thanks MaG and good luck Misskedi it sounds like your at the pad on the other side of the gate.
Turbo

#110971 - 02/13/06 05:48 PM Re: Voyage
Turbo Fire Offline
Shy Boomer

I have another question do you need to keep learning the language on the pad to earn more points?

#110972 - 02/13/06 06:05 PM Re: Voyage
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

Turbo unless you are extremely good with sound puzzles, I'd find a different way to gain intelligence points. You can go in and out of the Necropolis gates, feed Ardan potions that you've cooked up [please keep a glass of water near by just in case] and take the written Selenite test to identify symbols.

Sue

#110973 - 02/17/06 09:14 AM Re: Voyage
misskedi Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi,
I'm still confused about the math puzzles, but will keep working on it.

I can get to elevator and get to some of the floors. I got to the Selenite dignitary. Did the learn to read and speak Selenite, so have some more intellegence. Did some selling to him.
That's where I am right now.

One question for now...at beginning of game, do I need to make all the grafted seedlings, plants and compotes I can and save pots of them? I never seem to have the right color of fruits,etc. when I need them. I got into section where I got some red fruit, can't find right fruit to get back there again . So, guess what I want to know is, should I do all I can of these things before I can go on to other parts of game.?

Hope you can figure out what I mean

Misskedi

#110974 - 02/17/06 09:24 AM Re: Voyage
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

Misskedi you only need to feed the Selenites in this area the fruit compotes that will allow you access to their areas to pick up things you may have tossed out of the space ship. You do need to make some grafted seedlings to get past the aggressive plants. I believe that you can grab fruits off the ground in the guarded areas once you have calmed the plants. As to making tons of hybrid plants, you'll be able to make plenty after you get to the top of the Necropolis.

Sue

#110975 - 02/18/06 11:08 AM Re: Voyage
misskedi Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks again ,
I looked at all 5 areas and picked up everything , I think. I got to Necropolis, enough points to get my key 1 and use elevator.

So am now at the level of exploding mushrooms and the math process there. Not doing well there, but hope to figure out the base 20 business sooner or later!!

Guess as it is a random puzzle, I will have to figure it out myself. Been reading all replies to others having same problem, so will keep on trying.

Misskedi

#110976 - 02/18/06 11:21 AM Re: Voyage
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

Hi Misskedi. Just be sure to add the numbers on the floor to your total. Remember a bar is equal to 5 and a dot to 1. Anything over 20 on the right side is carried over as a 1 to the left side. So if the total on the right is 23...........the answer on the right would be 3 dots and you would add one extra to the left side total.
Good luck and if you continue to have problems, feel free to send me your saved game and I'll solve the puzzle for you and return your game.

Sue wave

#110977 - 02/22/06 08:22 PM Re: Voyage
misskedi Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi again,
I am getting a little further into the game but stuck again
2 questions... I now need the #3 key and tells me I have to put back the four items I got from where I got them. I have the globe filled with something. Do I empty that out and get all things back Later?

Other question.... I am by the purifier and need grease to make it work. But I make the stuff I need and try to use it on purifier and of course it doesn't work!!

I find it kind of hard to follow the wt and maybe I'm getting ahead of where I should be.

Hope you can help

Misskedi

#110978 - 02/22/06 09:00 PM Re: Voyage
texaslady Offline
Sonic Boomer

Hi Misskedi. Yes you can be sneaky and put the globe back, get the key and go back and get the globe to use again. OR, you can just buy a globe to use and not worry about making the big guy angry.
If you made the correct stuff for the grease, you should be able to use it on the valves without any problem. Are you mixing the Zubroo with the secretion to make the grease?

Sue

#110979 - 02/23/06 10:33 AM Re: Voyage
misskedi Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi,
Ok about the globes. I can always catch more mushrooms I guess, so will dump that globe, if I can.

About the grease mixture, no I haven't added it. I don't remember seeing anything about Zubroo. Can you tell me what it is or how to make it? Guess I missed that along the way, unless it is in the Log, which I sometimes forget to read!! frown

Misskedi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Rushes, CanukDenis, niteowl07, Marian, seagul, Karsten, kjos, oldman, Winfrey, mikeplay), 89 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind, maggieann
8524 Registered Users