GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111073
02/22/06 10:56 PM
02/22/06 10:56 PM
Oklahoma
B
Byzantine Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Byzantine  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

Oklahoma
I'm playing an old Sherlock Holmes game called the "Case of the Rose Tattoo", and need some hints:

1. My computer crashes to the desktop when Sherlock tries to probe the pillow with the hat pin in Thomas Pratt's house. Is there a patch or some way to avoid this happening every time?

2. How do you defeat Jock Mahoney playing darts? I've played about 30 games but Sherlock still can't seem to win, and I need to get the pool game trick from Jock so I can continue investigating the case. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Byzantine

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111074
02/22/06 11:04 PM
02/22/06 11:04 PM
Chattanooga Tennessee
Kaylalovesred Offline
Settled Boomer
Kaylalovesred  Offline
Settled Boomer

Chattanooga Tennessee
the first point I can't remember if there is a patch or not. The second problem with Jock I think I played one of the number games where you had to get so many points in the game to win. What I had to do was just keep playing him several times untill you notice hime starting to mess up on his throws and then he ends up loosing to you. Hope that helps!!

Kem

Games and Puzzles come and go but my love for chocolate will always remain the same!!!
Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111075
02/22/06 11:48 PM
02/22/06 11:48 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Byzantine, I haven't been able to find anything about a patch for this game. It might help if you turned down your video accelerator down some.

As for that dart game, you aren't the first person to be driven crazy by this game!!! I found that the 301 game was the easiest to play, and eventually (and it took a looooooong time), Jock started missing and I finally won...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111076
02/23/06 12:12 AM
02/23/06 12:12 AM
Oregon
Rice burner Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rice burner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oregon
Hi Byzantine, this is a link to an archived post that explains the 301 puzzle fairly well. Give it a try. Click here. Good luck.
Kay

Its one of those doors that needs a thingy thing.
Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111077
02/23/06 02:12 AM
02/23/06 02:12 AM
Oklahoma
B
Byzantine Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Byzantine  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

Oklahoma
I reduced my video acceleration but the game still crashed to my desktop when I tried to probe the pillow in Thomas Pratt's flat. According to the walkthrough, I can just skip it and go on into the anteroom insead and look for clues.

I'll try the dart game again this weekend when I have more time to play.

Lord Lockridge's house and Hemming's digs (both mentioned in the walkthrough) are not appearing on my London map. Do I have to win the dart game before they appear? I just want to make sure that I haven't skipped a step or something.

Thanks,
Byzantine

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111078
02/26/06 02:17 AM
02/26/06 02:17 AM
Oklahoma
B
Byzantine Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Byzantine  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

Oklahoma
O. K. I finally won that stupid darts game and have progressed into the case until the point where I'm supposed to go and see Whitney at Neville's Baths. I'm ready to leave the baths but can't find the exit to get to the London map.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Byzantine

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111079
02/26/06 03:59 AM
02/26/06 03:59 AM
Oregon
Rice burner Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rice burner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oregon
Its been a long time since I played this game so I don't remember the details of the baths. I assume that you have turned up the heat on Whitney? He is ready to cooperate now? Can you not retrace your steps back to the entrance and go from there? If you need a step by step to get back to the entrance I'm afraid I can't help, its been too long.
Kay

Its one of those doors that needs a thingy thing.
Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111080
02/26/06 05:34 AM
02/26/06 05:34 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

If you are in the first room, where there are two men on the couch, the exit (IIRC)is on the left of the screen (as you look at it).
Try running your cursor slowly from top to bottom of that left wall.

If you are in the room with the pool (again IIRC) the exit is on the right wall as you look at it. So try the same with your cursor on that wall.

wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111081
02/26/06 10:14 PM
02/26/06 10:14 PM
Oklahoma
B
Byzantine Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Byzantine  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

Oklahoma
I still can't exit from the baths. I'm at the part where Holmes and Watson are meeting Whitney at the baths and he is supposed to go to the Ministry with them, but he just stays in the steam cabinet and Holmes and Watson can't leave the baths. I've asked Whitney all of the questions and talked to Watson and the bath patrons and have looked at everything there, but how am I supposed to get to the Ministry if I can't leave the baths?

Thanks,
Byzantine

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111082
02/27/06 01:09 AM
02/27/06 01:09 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

Have you looked under the pillow in the first room and sniffed at the hookah ??

In the second room have you used the squeegee on the cabinet where Whitney is sitting and have you turned the valve on the boiler and then spoken to him again ??

And have you turned the valve off again after you have finished asking him questions ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111083
02/28/06 02:14 AM
02/28/06 02:14 AM
Oklahoma
B
Byzantine Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Byzantine  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

Oklahoma
Yes, I did all of those things the first time Adrian Russell was there and Watson kept him in the pool while Sherlock talked to Whitney. I can't remember if I turned the heat down before I left or not. I'll have to go back and play from an earlier save and see what happens.

Thanks,
Byzantine

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111084
02/28/06 07:25 AM
02/28/06 07:25 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

Oh, if it's the second time you are visiting the baths I think you just have to get Whitney to talk about Pratt's murder ??

I don't remember anything else in particular.

Sorry if I haven't helped frown

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111085
02/28/06 09:50 AM
02/28/06 09:50 AM
Oklahoma
B
Byzantine Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Byzantine  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

Oklahoma
Yes, it's the second time I'm at the baths. Sherlock talks to Whitney about Pratt's murder and the formula and they are supposed to go to the Ministry, Whitney says he will go, but just stays in the steam cabinet and Sherlock and Watson can't leave the baths. That's where I'm stuck.

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd be grateful for the help.

Thanks,
Byzantine

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111086
02/28/06 10:22 AM
02/28/06 10:22 AM
Texas
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
texaslady  Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Hi Byzantine. I haven't played this game but from what I have read it looks like you are supposed to discover Whitney,someone gets tossed into the pool, Whitney won't talk to you so you lock the door of the steam cabinet and turn the heat up.

Sue duh

Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran
Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111087
02/28/06 10:38 AM
02/28/06 10:38 AM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
First, Congrats! on finishing the Dart's game on your own! Better than me, I used Len's saved game. praise

I cannot figure exactly where you are, my problem with the bath was asking Whitney about the formula. I remember getting out between 2 pillars on the back wall? duh Left of the men with the hookah but not all the way left.

Wonderful game, worth the "little" headaches.

Linda wave

So many games, so little time.
Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111088
02/28/06 01:50 PM
02/28/06 01:50 PM
Oklahoma
B
Byzantine Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Byzantine  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

Oklahoma
Yes, that's where I'm getting stuck--after asking Whitney about the formula (the second time at the baths) and he says he'll meet Sherlock and Watson at the Ministry and asks for privacy to get dressed, but Sherlock and Watson can't leave the baths to go and meet him because I couldn't find the exit. I'll try looking again between the two pillars the next time I play.

I finished the darts game by using a suggestion by someone here to try and aim for the 60 point small target on the 20 number (closest to the bull's eye) and getting a lower score than Jock.

I've ended up playing some of the locations out of order according to the walkthroughs, but have managed to find all of the clues except for now getting stuck trying to leave the baths for the second time. My computer only crashed to the desktop once so far--trying to probe the pillow in Thomas Pratt's flat with the hat pin, so all in all it has been a pretty bug free game for me.

Thanks,
Byzantine

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo #111089
03/01/06 01:32 AM
03/01/06 01:32 AM
Oklahoma
B
Byzantine Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Byzantine  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
B

Oklahoma
Finally got out of the baths, and even finished the game! The game crashed to my desktop several times at the Mystery Shop--using the needle on the lock (had to use the hat pin to get in); shooting the aquarium with the black-handled gun (had to use the brown-handled gun instead); and using the trident on the locked desk (I think this finally worked after several tries). Interesting that Major Misteray looked like Professor Moriarty--did anyone else notice this?

Overall, a fun game to play. Perhaps I'll replay it someday and get things in their proper order because I think I played some things out of sequence.

Now, I'm on to "The Case of the Serrated Scalpel"--finally got this game to run after 2 weeks of frustration with the help of Inferno's website here that was posted about on the Technical Help board.

I appreciate all of the help everyone here gave me on the Rose Tattoo Case, and if I get stuck on the Serrated Scalpel Case, I'll be grateful for any fellow Gameboomers help.

Thanks,
Byzantine

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, Fogfighter), 271 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users