GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1111487 - 05/24/17 11:10 AM Oak Island
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi.

Has this game been released yet ??

I pledged for it via Kickstarter but have completely lost track of it redface

#1111490 - 05/24/17 11:31 AM Re: Oak Island [Re: Mad]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Not yet!

Ana wave

#1111498 - 05/24/17 12:34 PM Re: Oak Island [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Oh, good !! The fact that I haven't missed it, that is lol

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre kissy

#1111502 - 05/24/17 12:44 PM Re: Oak Island [Re: Mad]
oldbroad Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
The last update I received was about 2 months ago. They are not projecting a date; just saying "as soon as possible".

#1114467 - 06/19/17 12:47 AM Re: Oak Island [Re: Mad]
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I was wondering as well. Thanks for finding out.

#1114527 - 06/19/17 10:34 AM Re: Oak Island [Re: Mad]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

I am surprised that Kickstarter doesn't Email you every time an Update is Posted Mad. Of course there is also the option to sign up for their Newsletter on the games Web site which will keep you up to date. http://www.oakisland-game.com/ Here was the latest Update, Mar 21, 2017, Posted with some exciting news that the game is getting bigger along with some great screenshots. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vis...d/posts/1766729
I too am anxiously waiting for this game as I am a Fan of the "Curse of Oak Island" Reality TV show on The History Channel.
http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

#1114529 - 06/19/17 10:42 AM Re: Oak Island [Re: Mad]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marvel from the game development team keeps us updated when they have something like they did here.

#1114534 - 06/19/17 11:05 AM Re: Oak Island [Re: Mad]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Right you are Sheriff rah

#1114636 - 06/20/17 04:47 AM Re: Oak Island [Re: GreyFuss]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

I do get some info via email, GreyFuss, but I don't recall receiving this particular snippet yes

#1116635 - 07/05/17 05:22 PM Re: Oak Island [Re: Mad]
oldbroad Offline
Addicted Boomer

I received an email update today regarding this game but after reading through the whole thing I didn't see any "update" at all. duh

Edited by oldbroad (07/05/17 05:22 PM)

#1116648 - 07/05/17 08:55 PM Re: Oak Island [Re: Mad]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

YOu can read the update here if you like. It starts after the storyline.

Oak Island Update #21

Quote:
WHAT'S NEW!?

So, let's talk about the game and the current progress, as this is why you are reading this in the first place. As you may know we cannot use real persons or real names for the game because of legal reasons, so the people we just mentioned won't be part of the game.

But what we can and will do is using some of these tragedies and the basic drama in our very own story. So there will be rivalry, pain and even murder. There are many people who have their very own agenda; some of them will accompany us, others will just fight us, like the men that you see in the lower picture.

Creating additional videos

At the moment we are very busy creating additional video sequences for the game. Unfortunately this is a very time consuming process and we also have MANY video sequences in the game. So this means a lot of work for us. We always start with a rough storyboard, followed by render works. After that we animate rooms and characters and finally (after half a dozen corrections) we add sounds and music. It's plenty of work. A single video needs some weeks of development.

Why are we using videos in the game?
We add video sequences because they allow us to show dramatic situations that we cannot show in the game, using 2D animations.

Creating high detailed items

For many months we were working with placeholders. Now we started to create the final inventory items in high resolution. The items you see below are some of the more "general" items, because we don't want to reveal too much of the puzzles

Additional designer for the Mystery of Oak Island

A while ago we found an additional artist who was highly interested in our game development. Since then he is helping us to improve the quality of our room sceneries - Alexandr Elichev. We are very happy to have his support as our 3D rooms can be massivly improved with his help.

You can see his online profile on artstation right here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/alexandrelichev We will show some of his arts in the next updates and also planning a design book for our game that will probably be part of the majestic Oak Island Box! smile

What about humor?

Originally Oak Island was planned as a more serious game, and for sure it won't become a comedy adventure. But it will be a classic adventure game with the classic humor like we know it from movies like "Indiana Jones" or "Pirates of the Carribean". We think it's always good to have a bit of humor in every game. We hope it won't be cheesy in any way and we can put everyone into good mood with it. laugh

Send us your picture for the game!

You are a high tier supporter? Then we need your pictures now! Some of you guys already reached out for us and send us your image, but a few are still missing. So please get in touch with us. We need you to prepare a cool picture of yourself (maybe with some tools, a shovel or a pickax in your hands... or in front of some real drilling sites if possible). We do the rest...

Other guys supported with "Name and Note in the game". Please prepare a cool note or text of your choice and the name. It can be your REAL name OR an invented name. Feel free...

About updates

Usually we only make an update once a quarter. This gives us enough time to focus on the game development and collect enough stuff for the update, as we are not big fans of very short updates. When we inform you, we want to show you something of value. I hope that is okay for you all.

You don't need to be afraid if the development stops, even when it always takes some time between the updates. And you are always free to ask things and write us an e-mail and in general we will answer quickly and honestly.

Ana wave

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (07/05/17 08:58 PM)

#1116721 - 07/06/17 01:02 PM Re: Oak Island [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre.

I was sent the update email - and am SO looking forward to this game thumbsup

#1116902 - 07/08/17 01:20 AM Re: Oak Island [Re: Mad]
SirDave Offline
Settled Boomer

Why does the development of this game seem like molasses? It's been over 2 years and there's not even episode 1 remotely ready. Just sayin'

#1116935 - 07/08/17 09:16 AM Re: Oak Island [Re: Mad]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

There are a million reasons games take awhile to produce. I'd rather them take their time and do it right, then slap any old thing together and call it a game.

Ana wave

#1116967 - 07/08/17 11:42 AM Re: Oak Island [Re: Mad]
oldbroad Offline
Addicted Boomer

SirDave - my comment about not seeing any "update" in the update was saying something similar. I DO want the game to be done right though as Ana says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (Marian, mrbill, Sparkle, Winfrey, manxman, GBC, mbday630, Gimme, RebKean), 111 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Dionous_Games, Littlelady1, frekken, CNSeds, Zorkmid57
8982 Registered Users