GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#111150 - 03/21/06 05:26 PM Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn
Mary Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
I've just finished putting the slate for Noloben into the Keep, clicked on it and locked it into place; that makes 3 I've done. I transported back to the 4 "bubbles", but none of the pedestals have a slate! When I link to Laki'ahn, there is no slate on the pedestal. I've roamed around and see the windmill I'm supposed to get going, but I need to draw on my non-existent slate to get the wind to blow.
What have I missed here? think

#111152 - 03/22/06 09:20 AM Re: Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Mary,

The slate is around somehwere! That is the way the game (software) is written, so keep looking. On one of the pedestals the slate is a different color, so maybe it's there, but it doesn't look like it's there.

Have fun,

Dadguy

#111153 - 03/22/06 11:05 AM Re: Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn
wysewomon Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: hunched over my computer
Did you pick it up in the in-between place that I can't remember the name of in the first place?

WW

#111154 - 03/22/06 11:37 AM Re: Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn
Mary Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
Well, I found it! It was underwater! Instead of linking to the main pedestal, I used the link that looks like two triangles, back to back. I ended up in the water in the canal, I think. I found the slate, which still had the symbols on it for "rain". I had to erase that, put in the symbol that I saw on the pedestal when I originally arrived in Laki'ahn, and placed it down. The Bahro took it away, but I was still stuck in the canal with no way out. I blundered around in the water until I found the "hand" to link back to the main pedestal in Laki'ahn.
Is this the way it was supposed to work?

#111156 - 03/22/06 02:30 PM Re: Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Mary,

One of the puzzles in Laki'ahn is to activate the windmill and then use its controls to:

1. Raise the pedestal to ground level

2. Rotate the cage the pedestal is in so you have new access to a new exit

3. Open a large triangular door that gives access to a new area (the arena!).

So, yes... that pedestal starts underwater and the slate can get put there under certain circumstances.

Good luck, and have fun!

Dadguy

#111160 - 03/31/06 03:36 AM Re: Myst V-missing slate in Laki'ahn
Papa Terry Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Spanaway, Washington
Dadguy, I have a question for you. You stated that in line #3 you have to open a large triangular door that gives you access to a new area the arena. I am in the center arena but how do I open the large triangular door???

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (Billy the Kid 64, Jenny100, Ole, Marian, Ming, InlandAZ, curly, colpet, robert gray, Butcher), 98 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Nic, Overmann, bewildered, tinkypoo, Benji
8606 Registered Users