GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1112298 - 05/31/17 06:09 PM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
cazziejoe Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: New York
Did you try stuffing the whole folder its in?
Minr is in a folder called Options and there are 2 items in it.
Caz

#1112313 - 05/31/17 09:37 PM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
mrbill Online   sleepy
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Great Lakes Region
No We didn't try that Caz, so guess we will. smile I'll send the whole thing Zipped.

Cheers,

Bill

#1112351 - 06/01/17 10:57 AM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
mrbill Online   sleepy
Addicted Boomer

Caz,

Game has been sent as you requested. Let us all know how it goes here. I also want to know what Minr is and what the two very small files are in Options Folder?

take care,

Bill

#1112368 - 06/01/17 01:58 PM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
Jenny100 Online   content
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: cazziejoe
Did you try stuffing the whole folder its in?

That might help if the game keeps save information in more than one file. Sometimes you can tell by looking at the date of last change on the files (Right-click --> Properties). There can be a conflict if the files contain information about the individual computer though, or if the resolution in the save is higher than what the receiving computer can display (can happen with a laptop).

#1113088 - 06/07/17 11:00 AM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
mrbill Online   sleepy
Addicted Boomer

Maybe I have found someone with an answer to the Syberia 3 saved game exchange problem. This was in the discussions of steam and doesn't make a lot of sense, but that may be typical mechanics for this game. By the way I did finish the game and have saved games for most all locations. We need to safely test out this idea.

It was said that you download the saved game to where it belongs either with, or maybe without your other save. My guess is to move your bad save out into a separate folder labeled Bad Save. Then Start a new game and let it play up to the point where Kate is in the Hospital with Kurk and you are now able to move Kate around. Now load the saved game, you were given, manually again. Not having a manual for the game I'm guessing we hit Esc Key, Hopefully Load and we start the new save sent to us. I'm not sure what Manually Again means either. Any volunteers for testing. I know Caz needs a save.

Cheers,

Mr. Bill

Edited by mrbill (06/07/17 11:14 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#1113258 - 06/08/17 06:12 PM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
mrbill Online   sleepy
Addicted Boomer

Well I downloaded a save from a Steam player and did as described at the end of page two and when I hit load, it had a description of it. I loaded it and confirmed it and walla there it was. It can be done.

Cheers,

Mr. Bill

Edited by mrbill (06/08/17 06:16 PM)

#1113260 - 06/08/17 06:38 PM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
cazziejoe Offline
Settled Boomer

Mr.Bill can you send a link to the Steam post where you got this info? Or screenshot?
I couldn't get it to work.
Thanks caz

#1113261 - 06/08/17 07:36 PM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
mrbill Online   sleepy
Addicted Boomer

Sure Thing. This is page 8 of the Syberia3 General discussions. It starts with the Comment made by a discouraged player and ends with lots of comments back and forth. The last comment tells you what to do.

Steam Community Syberia 3 General Discussions

Mr. Bill

#1113262 - 06/08/17 08:09 PM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
cazziejoe Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks but do you actually put the file in your Appdata when you are in the game or before you start it? Right when they are in thr hospital.
It doesn't say.
Thanks

And exactly where do you put it?

Edited by cazziejoe (06/08/17 08:23 PM)

#1113266 - 06/08/17 08:41 PM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
mrbill Online   sleepy
Addicted Boomer

Caz, The New save goes where the save usually is located. In the Siberia3 Folder along with the Options folder. C:\Users\BILL\AppData\LocalLow\Microids\Syberia3\New save. This is done before starting the game. Now Start Game and when you can "Click on New Game". After Kate Has Her conversation with Kurk I started to walk her just a little. Then I hit Esc key and choose load. I was shown the new save and I choose it and confirmed the choice. That was it.

Bill

Edited by mrbill (06/08/17 08:42 PM)

#1113267 - 06/08/17 09:03 PM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
cazziejoe Offline
Settled Boomer

Nope.
Doesn't work.
I'm not getting the image when I go to load the game.....SAD.
caz

#1113269 - 06/08/17 09:33 PM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
mrbill Online   sleepy
Addicted Boomer

I don't know what else to tell you Caz. It has worked for others and it worked for me. I can only guess that you might try uninstalling your game and reinstalling it and then try loading someone elses save. With all the trouble you have had, like loosing all hot spots, your game's condition must be the problem.

I'm Sorry.

#1113333 - 06/09/17 01:29 PM Re: How to send or receive saved games that don't get changed in the process (example - Syberia 3) [Re: mrbill]
mrbill Online   sleepy
Addicted Boomer

No comments from anyone sorta tells me there is some doubt about the process of getting someone else's save to work in your game. It does work and to prove it to myself I did it again with another save and took screenshots. Procedure: 1.Put the save you receive into the place where it belongs by itself. 2. Start Syberia Three. 3.Start a New Game when the menu comes up. After Kate Finishes her discussion with Kurk in new game, hit Esc Key. 4. Click on load. It shows the save it found when you click on Load (it has a picture of the location and a short description of where Kate is). When I click on the Yellow Elliptical Described Area it asked do we want to load this game. 5.Confirm it and it will load. We do need some more folks to verify this procedure for the benefit of all GameBoomers and adventure gamers everywhere.

Mr. Bill

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Draclvr, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (family, Draclvr, CanukDenis, mrbill, Winfrey, Redz, Robert Gault, Jenny100, GuybrushThreepwood), 114 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Hispoiema, MorpheusDev, NDFan1994, OlderGamer12, Fingon
8965 Registered Users