GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish #1112613
06/03/17 08:36 AM
06/03/17 08:36 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Elephant Games brings you the latest installment of the Surface series!

Your little sister has been kidnapped by two Brothers of Fate! With the help of a third Brother, it’s up to you to save her. With the odds stacked against you, can you find a way into another world and rescue her in time?! Find out in this spell-binding hidden-object puzzle adventure!

How far would you go to save the one you love in the bonus game?
If you need a hand, reference the comprehensive strategy guide.
Collect hidden dolls to unlock stories for each major character.
Find hidden flowers to unlock extra HOPs in the Secret Room.
Enjoy concept art, wallpapers, soundtrack, replayable HOPs, mini-games, and more!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! yay

Re: Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1112616
06/03/17 09:06 AM
06/03/17 09:06 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks Marian! penguin

Re: Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1112620
06/03/17 10:26 AM
06/03/17 10:26 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1112984
06/06/17 02:18 PM
06/06/17 02:18 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Marian. I have enjoyed the other games in this Series. I will check it out. smile

Re: Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1113003
06/06/17 03:20 PM
06/06/17 03:20 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Have fun. smile

Re: Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1113703
06/12/17 06:58 PM
06/12/17 06:58 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

As with all the Surface games, this one is complex, wide-ranging and usually a challenge. However, I have run into a bit of a glitch. I'm near the end of the main game, using a spotting scope to find and "tag" a series of glyphs on the rocks in the distance, based on a clue sheet I found. I was able to find many of them, and they light up to let you know you've zeroed in on them, but only the first two I chose would respond to being selected. None of the others would. So I tried Reset, and started over, in a different order. Now, none of them will light up at all!

I have tried resetting this puzzle multiple times, even left the game and came back, but now I cannot get any of the glyphs to "Select" and light up. I went on line and looked for a WT or Q&A group, and found a YouTube video showing the player finding each glyph and selecting it, as I thought it should be. So I am doing the right thing, but don't know why it won't work. I'm on the verge of Skipping it. It isn't that challenging of a puzzle, more like an HO scene than a puzzle, but who likes to pay for a game and then Skip? shocked

Any ideas out there?

Re: Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1113707
06/12/17 07:26 PM
06/12/17 07:26 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Unfortunately I don't have any other ideas other than what you have already tried - I wish I did. wave

Re: Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1113709
06/12/17 07:42 PM
06/12/17 07:42 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

It is quite strange. First time something simply didn't work at all. ha ha I can't find anything on line about it, so I guess I'll Skip and go on with the rest. Like I said, not really a "puzzle," anyway. Thanks.

Re: Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1113947
06/14/17 04:42 PM
06/14/17 04:42 PM
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I was nearly at the end of the game, as it turns out. A good play, and enjoyable all the way through. You can turn off all the annoying stuff, set the Difficulty you want, etc. Had some nice twists to it and some creative ideas for puzzles and uses of inventory, the characters are sympathetic, voice acting is decent, graphics excellent, etc. Also, there is no gore nor gratuitous violence, even though the game takes place in an "underworld" setting. I definitely will Replay this one at a future date. happydance

I had only two quibbles with it. The first is encountering another one of those puzzles that you have to execute exactly as they programmed it in order to achieve Completion. The puzzle involved creating a golden staff with some brown, blue, and red portions. I executed the colors in a sequence of red - blue - brown - gold. It was finished and looked exactly like the Clue, but still just sat there. So, I looked in the Game Guide that came with it. No clue there, only the Solution shown and a cheat for executing it. Then I looked up a YouTube video, and the guy assembled it in the sequence blue -red - brown - gold, and ~ Bingo! In both cases (his and mine), the Solution was identical. Seems to me, the puzzle program should allow for ANY sequence of moves that result in the correct final Solution.

The second quibble was a color wheel puzzle that came with no clear explanation of intent and made no sense to me no matter how much I worked at it. I twiddled with it over and over, looking for a clue as to what I was doing, repeatedly Resetting and trying other approaches. Never came even close to solving it. I've played so many of these games that I almost hate to admit it, and it is rare to find a puzzle that you can't figure out at all. Had to skip it.

Re: Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish [Re: Reenie] #1113962
06/14/17 06:44 PM
06/14/17 06:44 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thank you for all of that information about the game, Reenie. Good to know that you enjoyed it! wave

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (BrownEyedTigre), 512 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users