GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Elder Scrolls: Legends? #1115095
06/23/17 06:19 PM
06/23/17 06:19 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
I haven't posted here in quite a while (been playing Sims 3), but was wondering if anyone has tried the new Elder Scrolls digital card game Legends? I did a quick search here and didn't see that anyone mentioned playing it, but thought I'd ask.

Apparently, Legends is free to play, but you can buy new cards or save points to get cards. It's not a true RPG, I guess, but is based on the Elder Scrolls world. It seems to be similar to the old Magic card game.

The description calls Legends a strategy game. It can be played on PC, Mac, iPad or Android. In-progress games can be switched between platforms. You can play solo or with others. And I just noticed the game was listed on Steam now. Your Steam account can be linked to the Bethesda account for Legends too.

https://legends.bethesda.net/?locale=en

http://store.steampowered.com/app/364470/The_Elder_Scrolls_Legends/

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: The Elder Scrolls: Legends? [Re: lanlynk] #1115293
06/25/17 10:37 PM
06/25/17 10:37 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Hi lanlynk! I haven't tried it, but see the reviews look good. That is very handy that you can play across different platforms!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Elder Scrolls: Legends? [Re: lanlynk] #1115313
06/26/17 04:17 AM
06/26/17 04:17 AM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Thanks for the response, BrownEyedTigre. smile

I went ahead and downloaded the game and have played a little bit, but I'm still in the 8-chapter tutorial mode. I'm also trying to read some strategy guides because I'm not sure I know what I'm doing! lol

I think the trick is to build up the type of deck that uses creatures, etc. with powers and attributes which you prefer to play. There are cards of strength, willpower, endurance, agility, or intelligence--as well as cards picturing mages, warriors, archers, etc. The race of hero you choose at the beginning makes a difference too.

Anyway, it's fun. Definitely entertaining. You can play for a few minutes or for hours. Turn based. And I can see it's not going to be a matter of simple luck of the draw. There's a hidden complexity to the game.

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: The Elder Scrolls: Legends? [Re: lanlynk] #1115362
06/26/17 11:00 AM
06/26/17 11:00 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
This sounds similar to the Gwent free-to-play card game from The Witcher games. I'm in the same place as you are trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing! I goofed up once and accidentally started playing in the on-line mode and ended up playing with a real person somewhere. I felt like an idiot! I actually did beat the person a couple of times, but it was only through luck!

If I ever get a bit more free time, I think I will get this one too.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: The Elder Scrolls: Legends? [Re: lanlynk] #1115405
06/26/17 05:22 PM
06/26/17 05:22 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Hi, Draclvr!

I'd never paid any attention to these standalone digital card games before I saw Legends. I've since seen articles comparing Legends to Hearthstone and to Gwent. I checked Gwent out today after reading your post. It looks interesting too. yes I remember playing the in-game version in Witcher and enjoyed that.

I guess these games are similar to each other, but Legends is a little different from Gwent in style and play. In Legends, you're fighting enemies and a "boss enemy." The game has two battle lanes instead of one (as Hearthstone uses). Two lanes create additional layers of strategy. Gwent uses rows for different styles of battle, but Legends' lanes are open to any battle style, although these lane lines usually cannot be crossed except to attack the boss. Also, the lanes can have conditions placed on them, such as being shadowed. In shadow lanes, creatures are hidden for one turn and so cannot be attacked.

I think playing both Gwent and Legends would be fun. I'm an Elder Scrolls fan myself, having played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. But I've only played the first Witcher game, so am not as familiar with that world's lore.

And on June 29, Legends will be releasing 154 new cards for gameplay, its first official expansion set: Heroes of Skyrim. smile
https://legends.bethesda.net/articles/indepth-look-heroes-of-skyrim?locale=en

Here is a video showing the beginning tutorial play in Legends:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KW53xbHDVU

And here is a video showing an introduction to Gwent for comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5LBlpR2nVU

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Susie07, 1 invisible), 304 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users