GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Whodunit #1115522
06/27/17 12:18 PM
06/27/17 12:18 PM
Upstate NY
Pandora Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Pandora  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Upstate NY
Canadian border guard Urban Worrier was talking to his wife over his cellphone when he accidentally pulled in a fragment of a static-filled conversation between an unknown man and a woman. “I’ll be waiting in Ottawa at noon for your regular Monday shipment ,” said the man. “You don’t think the border guard is getting wise?”

“No,” the woman laughed. “He’s always in a hurry to get back to his booth and his computer. We can keep this operation going forever.” And then, just as suddenly as they’d come, the voices disappeared.

For a full month, customs officials kept track of the traffic at the relatively quiet border crossing. Only three women made a regular habit of crossing into Canada each Monday morning.

The first woman, impeccably dressed, drove a black Mercedes. The second, a girl barely out of her teens, always crossed on an old red bicycle, pulling a load of newspapers. The third drove a small van. “CanadaSpa” was on the side in fancy letters. Of the three, she was the only one declaring merchandise, a weekly supply of U.S.-made health foods and vitamins on which she paid a hefty tariff.

On the fifth Monday, they detained all three women. Methodically they searched, tearing every panel from the dark blue Mercedes, even checking inside the tire tubes. They did the same with the bicycle and the wagon. Searching the van took the most time. Luckily, this week’s shipment of health food was smaller than usual. The guards took samples from every box and bottle.

After finally allowing the women into Canada, Guard Urban Worrier got back on his cellphone and reported every detail of the fisaco to his wife.

“From what you say, dear, I think I know who it is,” she said. “When the woman I suspect crosses back into the U.S., ask passport control to detain her. If my theory is correct, it will be obvious what she’s smuggling and how she’s doing it.” She explained her theory, leaving Urban Worrier to marvel at the brilliant woman he’d married.

Who was the smuggler, what was she smuggling, and how? Questions are allowed.

Last edited by Pandora; 06/27/17 03:51 PM.

The moon is actually more useful than the sun since the moon gives us light at night when it's dark. The sun only gives us light during the day when it's already bright out.
Re: Whodunit [Re: Pandora] #1115523
06/27/17 12:28 PM
06/27/17 12:28 PM
Georgia USA
D
DocPaul Offline
Addicted Boomer
DocPaul  Offline
Addicted Boomer
D

Georgia USA
Was the Mercedes black or dark blue? both colors are specified. If the colors are supposed to be different, I'd say it was the first woman smuggling Mercedes cars.........

Re: Whodunit [Re: Pandora] #1115529
06/27/17 12:58 PM
Isle of Man
Lex Offline
Adept Boomer
Lex  Offline
Adept Boomer

Isle of Man
I agree with DocPaul, and if correct the proof will be in the fact that when the Mercedes driver travels back into USA she is not driving the same car. smile

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

Re: Whodunit [Re: Pandora] #1115530
Bucks, England
Urban Worrier Offline
True Blue Boomer
Urban Worrier  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Bucks, England
Originally Posted By: Pandora
...leaving Urban Worrier to marvel at the brilliant woman he’d married.

That's a relief - for a while I thought it was about me...

To waste one second of one's life is a betrayal of one's self.
I wonder what's on television...?
Re: Whodunit [Re: Pandora] #1115557
06/27/17 03:49 PM
06/27/17 03:49 PM
Upstate NY
Pandora Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Pandora  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Upstate NY
I can't believe you solved this one so quickly! eek

Yes, the woman was smuggling cars in and traveling back by bus.

Nice work! bravo

The moon is actually more useful than the sun since the moon gives us light at night when it's dark. The sun only gives us light during the day when it's already bright out.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Pandora, soot, Urban Worrier 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 373 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users