GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Enigmatus 3: Shadow of Karkhala #1115676
06/28/17 04:35 PM
06/28/17 04:35 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Just finished this game as a CE, including the bonus game. The ending has me perplexed. It feels like it didn't end so much as it set up a sequel. Not that I mind too much; I enjoyed the game. Pretty typical bad guy, but hey. It is a good, long game, well done and engaging, and with a real whiz-bang start, too! ha ha I'm only curious about the ending.

Re: Enigmatus 3: Shadow of Karkhala [Re: Reenie] #1115681
06/28/17 05:05 PM
06/28/17 05:05 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I haven't played this game yet, but thank you for reminding me of it. I played the first two games and they were both very good. You need a tolerance in the first game for a large number of hidden object scenes, but they were both entertaining and a cut above. wave

I have not heard whether or not there will be an Enigmatis 4.

Re: Enigmatus 3: Shadow of Karkhala [Re: Marian] #1115688
06/28/17 07:04 PM
06/28/17 07:04 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

There were not a lot of HO scenes in this episode, but the ones that there were had a high "Pesky" rating in my book, almost as though they didn't want you to find half the stuff. crazy

Re: Enigmatus 3: Shadow of Karkhala [Re: Reenie] #1115689
06/28/17 07:37 PM
06/28/17 07:37 PM
Rockland, Ontario, Canada
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Reenie,
I beta tested this game and put a caution to myself regarding HO scenes since I was worried that there would be TOO many HO scenes from what I saw in the Survey, you say that there is not a lot, what in your Opinion do you consider Not a lot: 1) Under 20 HO per game 2)Under 30 HO per game, etc. Just curious as to see what you consider as Not too many or Too much.

I would appreciated your feedback and your great knowledge of Casual games.

Re: Enigmatus 3: Shadow of Karkhala [Re: Starcom] #1115691
06/28/17 08:28 PM
06/28/17 08:28 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I would prefer "zero" HO scenes, but seldom encounter that level of joy. ha ha

To me, it isn't the quantity of HO scenes that is annoying so much as it is the perceived ratio of playing time spent distracted from the real game by the interruption of an HO scene. Since Enig 3 is what I would consider a longer than usual casual game, the number of HO scenes did not seem onerous, but I couldn't give you a count. There may be one HO scene for each major scene change?

On the good side, the objects in these scenes were all related to the environment. There was none of that silliness of looking for a surfboard and an outboard motor in a tent on the frozen Himalayan slopes. smile However, I will say that I found the HO scenes in the game to be a bit tedious as the items to be found often were excessively hidden and the objects often did not look like the label given for them (if that makes sense).

I have kept notes on literally hundreds of HO games, and I make a point of noting those that I felt had "too many HO scenes." I did not make this note after finishing Enig 3, and marked it as worth a Replay later. I never Replay the ones where doing the HO scenes spoiled the game play for me.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that.

Re: Enigmatus 3: Shadow of Karkhala [Re: Reenie] #1115707
06/29/17 01:07 AM
06/29/17 01:07 AM
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thank you for you quick reply Reenie,
Your description of the game vs HOs is more than accurate enough for me to buy the game while the Sale was still on.
I am like you that I hate it when you can't do more than four or five steps and wham, you get hit with yet another HO, those games are off my list of games to replay also. Nice to know it is a longer than usual game and the HO objects are relevant, as for Objects not matching labels makes sense, I thought it was just me and my eyesight when a label looked like a Cactus and what the HO actually was...... A Bottle, sigh.

And as for counting the # of HOs, I do not know why I mentioned #s, I gave up counting them a long time ago, so sorry about that.

Thanks again and take care

Re: Enigmatus 3: Shadow of Karkhala [Re: Starcom] #1115754
06/29/17 10:50 AM
06/29/17 10:50 AM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

>> ...as for Objects not matching labels that make sense, I thought it was just me and my eyesight when a label looked like a Cactus and what the HO actually was...... A Bottle, sigh. <<

That was it, exactly! lol

Hope you enjoy the game!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 258 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users