GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Happy Thumping Thursday #1115701
06/28/17 10:46 PM
06/28/17 10:46 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Winston Churchill

When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.

`````````````

Mr. Smith, neighbor to the Martins, found that their tomcat named Dennis was running all around the neighborhood, on footpaths, in dark alleys, on the rooftops. Mr. Smith called Mr. Martin and asked, "Is everything all right with your cat? He has been running around like crazy."

Mr. Martin replied, "Nothing to worry. Dennis has been neutered today, he must be running around cancelling appointments."

`````````````

Two NatGeo enthusiasts, Gary and Robbie, were exploring the jungles, when a big tiger sprang out of the bushes in front of them.

Gary whispered to Robbie, "Stay calm! Don't move."

Robbie asked Gary if he remembered what they had seen about tigers on NatGeo. Gary replied, "Yes, I do. If you stand still and look the tiger in the eye, he will turn around and go away."

Robbie said, "Yes, I have seen it on NatGeo. You have seen it on NatGeo. But has the tiger seen it on NatGeo?"

`````````````

"Wow", said an eagle to another, "Did you notice that speed of that jet plane? Isn't that something?"

The other eagle, clearly unimpressed, said, "Big deal! You would be flying at the same speed if your tail was on fire!"

```````````

A guy had a racehorse named Karma. Karma had never won a race and his owner was pretty mad about it. There was another race coming up and the owner warned Karma,"If you do not win this race today, you will have to pull a milk-wagon from tomorrow morning."

The race begins, and all horses started off with a bang....but wait a minute, there was Karma, fast asleep at the starting point of the track. The furious owner kicked him and asked, "Why the hell are you sleeping??"

Karma replied, rudely awaken from his slumber, replied "Just resting so I can get up at 4 in the morning."

``````````

Mrs. Thatcher was seated at the park when she noticed a man take the leash off his dog so that the dog could roam around freely in the park. She said to the man, "Do you mind keeping the pet next to you, mister. I can already feel a flea in my sneakers."

The man called out to his pet, "Buzo, get back over here asap! That lady has fleas."

````````````````````

Ronald Gabriel was known for his love for golf. How good he was at the sport is another story.

Once while playing, the golf ball landed on an ant-hill. Ronald swung at the ball sitting on the ant-hill. One could see an explosion of mud and ants flying in the air. Everything seemed to have moved but not the golf ball which had not budged from its place.

So Ronald gave it another try and again mud & ants flew in all directions but the golf ball remained where it was.

Two ants, Rub & Dub, who had survived the assault were discussing their strategy for survival.

Rub asked, "What do you think should we do?"

Dub replied, "The only sensible thing to do is to get on that ball as as soon as possible."

`````````````````

Mary took her husband Pat to a veterinary doctor. She said to the Vet, "Doctor, my husband is unwell. I want you to treat him."

The Vet said to Mary, "But I am animal doctor. I do not treat humans."

Mary said, "Well the reason I brought him here is that he kicks like a mule in his sleep!"

````````````

Farmer Joe's latest addition to his farm was a young cow. The moment the cow entered the farm gate, Joe's big bull spotted her and started stomping it's feet. It became aggressive and started kicking and jumping.

Farmer Joe feared the bull would knock her up. He wanted the cow to feel at home first before letting her out with the bull. So he consulted the local vet who advised Joe to tie a big curtain around the cow's rump to keep the bull away.

Joe did just that and went to sleep. The next morning, he went to check on the cow but she was nowhere to be seen. Joe followed the trail of her steps to a distance and noticed a young boy sitting near a pond. Farmer Joe asked the young boy if he had seen a cow with a curtain tied around her rump.

The young lad replied, "Don't know that, sir, but I saw one run by with a handkerchief sticking out of her behind!"

````````

When Annabelle decided to take a break from city life, she landed in a small village in the outskirts of the city.

Enjoying her sabbatical, she ventured into a farm. Patting one of the animals, she asked the farmer, "Why is this cow without horns?"

Farmer Joe was silent for a moment. Then he said, "Let me explain to you ma'am. Cattle can sometimes cause harm with horns, so we use various measures to prevent the harm. Either we trim 'em with a chainsaw,
or we catch them young & apply acid where horns grow to stop the growth. There are also breeds that don't grow horns at all. But none of the above reasons applies to this cow. You know why? Cos it's a horse!"

```````````````

Good morning everyboomie. wave2

It's a good thing that Thursday preceeds Friday. I need a couple more days of doing almost nothing, before the weekend gets here. smile

Actually I did a little today. I just did it all before noon. yes

I took the dogs to the park early, and then got some gasoline for my lawn mower. I have to go to a particular gas station in order to find 100% gas, or gas with no ethanol in it. yes

No small engines are designed to burn ethanol. shame

Then a quick stop at Walmart and then home to mow the lawn.

It takes a long time to mow because I also mow the neighbors lawn across the street. Their mower is in......limbo. duh

By the time I was done, I was pretty dog gone hot, and like I said, I was done by noon. blush

I pretty much blew off the rest of the day. cool

I hope you all had a great day, and have a happy one today.

joe

Last edited by gymcandy1; 06/28/17 10:48 PM.

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Happy Thumping Thursday [Re: gymcandy1] #1115704
06/28/17 11:08 PM
06/28/17 11:08 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I didn't know you can't put ethanol in small engines. shocked

Have a happy day all! In the corner again for me...

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Happy Thumping Thursday [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1115705
06/28/17 11:18 PM
06/28/17 11:18 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
You can Ana, and it will be ok as long as you burn through it before the ethanol, which is made from corn syrup, separates out and fouls up your carburator. yes

joe kissy

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Happy Thumping Thursday [Re: gymcandy1] #1115715
06/29/17 04:37 AM
06/29/17 04:37 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
summer Good Morning Joe, Ana and all. Coffee and tea areready.
Wishing you all a Happy Day! summer

Gerry
Re: Happy Thumping Thursday [Re: gymcandy1] #1115724
06/29/17 07:11 AM
06/29/17 07:11 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone, have a Great Thumping Thursday. Danish, Eggs, Grits, Hash Browns, BB Pancakes, and French Toast in the NC.

Connie
Re: Happy Thumping Thursday [Re: gymcandy1] #1115734
06/29/17 08:13 AM
06/29/17 08:13 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Morning Boomers dragon

Joe, hope the weather cools off for you.

Ana, wishing you an easy corner day!

Gerry, good morning and good day!

Connie, enjoy whatever the day brings around.

Wishing everyone a great day. Doc appointment this afternoon. car

Gail
Re: Happy Thumping Thursday [Re: gymcandy1] #1115751
06/29/17 10:32 AM
06/29/17 10:32 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thumping Good Thursday ya'll puppy

Woke up to rain. I have to go out in a bit to get Keoki to the vet for a K-laser treatment and Sky is going for shots. I thought they gave him these shots last month, but I called and they said "Not" I'll have to start keeping up with what they've done. I've always trusted them to do that, but there have been a couple of these miscommunications lately, so will have to change my habits.

Son will be screaming in from work today, grabbing my van to go clean it, then pack it for his camping trip with the boys tomorrow. They are meeting up with his brother for a week of family fun. The first year they did this both boys remarked to me that they didn't remember camping being "so much work." rotfl

Joe, I didn't know that about gas either. I did know you are supposed to drain your lawnmower before storing it...perhaps that is why.

Ana, have fun in the corner.

Gerry wavegirl

Connie, hash browns sound perfect. Thanks

Gail, hope the appointment goes well.

Off to feed monkeys.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Happy Thumping Thursday [Re: gymcandy1] #1115760
06/29/17 12:12 PM
06/29/17 12:12 PM
Massachusetts
Midge Offline
Graduate Boomer
Midge  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good morning, just. I've been very busy with life getting in the way lately. I hope you all are well. The month of June is coming to a close. I don't know where it went. I'm loving my apartment, more than my last one, and it's on the first floor, yayrah. No more climbing stairs. That's the big difference that I notice. The people here are so nice and caring. It's a 55 and older community now so that's quite a change. I'm 73 and I think I'm the youngest person here. And when I decide I want a cat, I can have one and there's no charge at all. I'll get one but I'm not ready yet. There are little dogs who live here, boy are they cute. Speaking of which Rob and Jen have a brand spanking new puppy as of today. He's a chocolate lab. When I get the chance I'll snap a pic and post it for you guys.

Got to get going now. I'm expected to show up at work for 5:00 this afternoon. Have a great rest of the day.
Hugs,
Midgie hearts wavegirl

Just do it.
Re: Happy Thumping Thursday [Re: gymcandy1] #1115784
06/29/17 03:10 PM
06/29/17 03:10 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Midgy, so glad to hear you are loving your new place. Quite a lot of work to move, but now you can have a cat catrub

New puppy.....so exciting puppy

-Roger Caras
Re: Happy Thumping Thursday [Re: looney4labs] #1115791
06/29/17 03:41 PM
06/29/17 03:41 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Midgie,

Looking forward to that picture of the chocolate Lab. puppy

Good afternoon Boomers. wave

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Happy Thumping Thursday [Re: gymcandy1] #1115793
06/29/17 04:22 PM
06/29/17 04:22 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Afternoon, Space, welcome home puppy

-Roger Caras
Re: Happy Thumping Thursday [Re: looney4labs] #1115795
06/29/17 05:27 PM
06/29/17 05:27 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
thanks looney. smile

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (oldbroad, Pandora, curly, Draclvr, 1 invisible), 310 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users