GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1115808 - 06/29/17 08:24 PM dracula 3 the path of the dragon
deleterman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Diego
I just down loaded this game from GOG when i started the game it's not full screen what do i have to do to get it full screen? or can I .. bravo

#1115812 - 06/29/17 08:36 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I don't know why it didn't change resolution automatically on your computer. I think the Dracula 3 game's resolution is 1024x768, and it should scale to the height of your screen. If your monitor doesn't have a setting to do this, check your video card options to see if there's anything to do with scaling.

I don't know why you'd have this issue with the GOG version if you didn't have it with the CD version -- unless GOG tweaked something to make the game more compatible. Some people like playing games in a window.

You could also check the game folder and see if there's an .ini file or .conf file or .cfg file that can be opened and read in Notepad and which states if the game is run windowed or not.

#1115814 - 06/29/17 08:50 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
deleterman Offline
Addicted Boomer

thanks ,my screen 1440x900 is that ok.

#1115824 - 06/29/17 10:03 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Marian Online   content
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I found a discussion about this issue on the GOG forum here.

#1115826 - 06/29/17 10:12 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Draclvr Offline
Hints & Glitches forum Moderator
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
That's the same forum discussion I found too. Mine plays in full screen, but it is installed from the old disks. I have the mouse lag they describe. Dracula Resurrection and The Last Sanctuary play better on my Windows 10 than this one does.

#1115831 - 06/29/17 11:11 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: Draclvr]
deleterman Offline
Addicted Boomer

I guess I will just play on . devilchili

#1115834 - 06/30/17 01:56 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Well someone did report a fix for the full screen in that thread:

Edit config.ini in the game's installed folder, and change: "bFullscreen=0" to "bFullscreen=1"

They still had problems with lag though.

#1115900 - 06/30/17 01:50 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
deleterman Offline
Addicted Boomer

thanks -can't find game install folder for this game but all the others yes -odd.. duh

Edited by deleterman (06/30/17 03:12 PM)

#1117831 - 07/15/17 10:06 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Creeping_Doom Offline
Settled Boomer

After reading this thread , I got curious , & installed the game . I did make the full screen change in the config file . Everything was fine , no cursor stuttering , sound , or video issues .Myself , I use an AMD video card . I do remember that some time ago , the game behaved very oddly , especially with new Nvidia drivers . If memory serves further , Both Microids & Nvidia kept blaming each other for the issue , & said issue was never resolved . Perhaps that is the case here ?

#1117833 - 07/15/17 10:41 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Draclvr Offline
Hints & Glitches forum Moderator
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
As I remember, Nvidia drivers were the culprit... but I'm not sure.

#1117838 - 07/15/17 11:40 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: Draclvr]
Uncle Reg Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA

It was Nvidia drivers that caused this problem. It was not Microids, however, but Kheops. This game was one of a handful of Kheops games that were affected.

#1117870 - 07/16/17 09:46 AM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: Uncle Reg]
Creeping_Doom Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: Uncle Reg

It was Nvidia drivers that caused this problem. It was not Microids, however, but Kheops. This game was one of a handful of Kheops games that were affected.

'Scuse the heck out of me then

#1117896 - 07/16/17 01:36 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Wouldn't surprise me if Nvidia messed up both Kheops' games and other games published by Microids. Nvidia drivers have broken compatibility at several points in time, with Nvidia's "latest" drivers causing problems in various games (not just adventure games). In cases where the game is an older one, Nvidia may never fix the problem and you have to go back to using older drivers. I remember in the GeForce 2/3/4 era there was a problem with game screens being way too dark in many games (not just adventure games), and the problem persisted through many of Nvidia's drivers revisions without them fixing it. I ended up replacing my Nvidia card with an ATI card to get rid of the problem, so I don't know if they ever fixed it or whether "go back to older drivers" was the only fix.

#1119505 - 07/31/17 09:41 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: deleterman]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
Hi everybody,
I just installed Dracula 3 (boxed dvd version) on my Win 10 pc, which has an AMD video card. As predicted, I'm getting the "flickering" on the screen all the time. I have tried all of the suggestions listed on this thread, including the Window option in config.ini. I get sound but a black screen, so now I'm back to full screen again, still with flickering. Any other suggestions that would "fix" this problem would be greatly appreciated. My wife's pc has the Vista operating system. I might try that next. Have any of you played this game on a Vista PC, and if so, did it work for you (without the flicker)? WHEW!!!!!
Sandy

#1119508 - 07/31/17 10:02 PM Re: dracula 3 the path of the dragon [Re: sanford]
Creeping_Doom Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: sanford
Hi everybody,
I just installed Dracula 3 (boxed dvd version) on my Win 10 pc, which has an AMD video card. As predicted, I'm getting the "flickering" on the screen all the time. I have tried all of the suggestions listed on this thread, including the Window option in config.ini. I get sound but a black screen, so now I'm back to full screen again, still with flickering. Any other suggestions that would "fix" this problem would be greatly appreciated. My wife's pc has the Vista operating system. I might try that next. Have any of you played this game on a Vista PC, and if so, did it work for you (without the flicker)? WHEW!!!!!
Sandy

I do remember in my Vista days , playing Dracula 3 with no issues . I do remember having an AMD video then . During my last run on Win 10 , I had the flickering issue in full screen (my card is an AMD RX 480 8gb) . I went back to Win 7 , no flickering at all .I did make the full screen config change .I should note however , that in my case , the flickering in Win 10 full screen mode , happened with both my boxed & GOG versions . I haven't used an Nvidia card in a long time , so I can't really say how a newer Nvidia card & drivers would perform .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Draclvr, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (family, Marian, venus, gymcandy1, Bluto, Pandora, Koala), 190 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Debcon, lucebend, Lethal_Angel, AustriaGame24, 1madmouse
9042 Registered Users