GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#1118165 - 07/18/17 03:13 PM Re: Taking a Little Survey on "Adventure" Games [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
mrbill Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Great Lakes Region
The following Definition of an Adventure Game came from the first page of the Adventure Games Coalition. This Coalition was formed by many former and presently existing Adventure Gaming Websites and this was their collective Definition.

What is an Adventure Game?

An Adventure Game is about using your mind instead of your trigger finger; about

testing your clever thinking and creative problem solving instead of your

dexterity and reflexes. It is based on a story (any kind, from fantasy to fact

and from humorous to serious) in which the hero (that's you!) is on some kind of

quest or adventure (the plot): in other words, there is a problem of some sort

which must be resolved in order to successfully complete the game. To succeed

you usually must visit different locations (called "worlds"), interact with

objects and/or people, and figure out where to go or what to do next, collecting

clues and/or objects along the way to help you solve the puzzles and problems.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Take care,

Mr. Bill

Edited by mrbill (07/18/17 03:14 PM)

#1118167 - 07/18/17 03:25 PM Re: Taking a Little Survey on "Adventure" Games [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
armand7 Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: PITTSBURGH, PA
All MYST series and URU series.........if games have those qualities, then I'm in....that's why I'm greatly anticipating XING. When I search for games to play I always look at the trailers. If the game is "cartoonish" looking, no thanks. I like taking notes...I have the notes, drawings, etc. for every game I have played in the past 12 years. Although, a game journal also works for me. Do prefer to save when I want to, not at a prescribed destination in the game. Thank for the question BrownEyedTigre......

#1118533 - 07/21/17 12:21 PM Re: Taking a Little Survey on "Adventure" Games [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
FlyingDutchman42 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: The Netherlands
A good story, no action, good voice-actors, music that fitts the game,
you can save when you want, no long diary entries, non-linear would be nice
(in certain games even preferable, when you want to explore
a beautifull environment), but no problem when it's linear in a detective.

I would love a game that lets you interact with all the persons
you meet, and their reactions change according to how you act youreself.
Quality puzzles of course, but they have to be logic,
do not want hours spending on a puzzle that
afterwards turned out to
be illogical. slapforehead

#1118539 - 07/21/17 01:10 PM Re: Taking a Little Survey on "Adventure" Games [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
THank you all for your responses and feed back! I really appreciate it. I will continue to post them as I have been since tastes are varied and I want everyone to get the news that they want to hear.

Ana wave

#1118540 - 07/21/17 01:36 PM Re: Taking a Little Survey on "Adventure" Games [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA

...blip...

#1118563 - 07/21/17 05:10 PM Re: Taking a Little Survey on "Adventure" Games [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
lol Jenny! I can see a million responses to difficulty finding the types people like, because we all want more of what we like! grin

And as far as missing info, if I could change things in the announcements, I would, but regardless of what people want to know, eg. is it point and click, will it be available somewhere DRM-free etc. I post what the developer wants released and what I can find if it seems lacking.
And other times, I know answers to many questions, but it may not be something they want public until they release. I'm always searching for news.

Ana wave

#1118681 - 07/23/17 09:40 AM Re: Taking a Little Survey on "Adventure" Games [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
We know you give us all the info you can, BrownEyedTigre, and appreciate that very much !! praise

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (Reenie, Marian, 8dognight, colpet, oldbroad, Darlene), 133 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Marinus_Louis, tuna, danait13, mozkito314, LeonDaydreamer
8972 Registered Users