GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Favorites #1119176
07/27/17 08:47 PM
07/27/17 08:47 PM
Michigan
Geo Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Geo  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Michigan
I was talked out of down-grading so I am trying to figure out this Win-10. When I go to the Internet My home page is Google, from there I added 2 websites to my favorites list. Now when I go to file explorer and look under users/computer name/favorites those new websites aren't there,only the 2 that came with the computer, favorites bar and Bing. Since I use the file explorer section to back up I need to know why they aren't there. Also when I am on the internet and at a website I don't see any way to get to my home page(Google). That little house icon is no where to be found.

Re: Favorites [Re: Geo] #1119177
07/27/17 08:54 PM
07/27/17 08:54 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
You didn't say what web browser you're using.
If you're using Microsoft Edge, which is the default for Windows 10, it puts Favorites in a different place than IE. This is where favorites are stored when using Edge:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/where-are-favorites-stored-in-edge

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

(It's possible that there might be different numbers after the "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_" part but you should be able to find where they buried the favorites.)

IE may exist on Windows 10, but it's not the default.
It's IE that stores favorites in

C:\Users\userName\Favorites

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/f...f3-7726e4d3c63d

So it looks like what you're looking at is IE's favorites, while what you're using is Edge.

Re: Favorites [Re: Geo] #1119197
07/28/17 02:18 AM
07/28/17 02:18 AM
Michigan
Geo Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Geo  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Michigan
What is the advantage to Microsoft edge? If there is no advantage I like things I am familiar with so how do I switch to IE or even better can I have both on my task bar? This is the first I am hearing about 2 browsers on win-10. How would the average guy know that. They don't tell you anything and there is no manual. That's probably why there is no "Home" icon also. Thanks for the help.

Re: Favorites [Re: Geo] #1119224
07/28/17 10:46 AM
07/28/17 10:46 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Edge is the default browser, but you can use any browser you want. I prefer Firefox and just downloaded it to my new Surface tablet with Windows 10 Pro. If you really want to use IE, it is still available on Windows 10. I have it on my task bar just in case I need to help someone with something on it, but it is not nearly as secure as Edge, Chrome or Firefox. Just type Internet Explorer into the Cortana search bar and it will come up. You can add it to your desktop if you want.

I'm not a fan of Edge, but it really is a good browser. It only allows very limited add-ons which is a good thing, but I would be lost without my Roboform Password Manager. That made life easier when I was removing a malicious add-on which normally infects all browsers on a computer. The fact that this guy had Edge made the removal process much easier because Edge wasn't infected.

You might take a little time to see if you can get used to it or just go ahead and put IE on the desktop if you'd rather not use Edge. I have 4 browsers which I use for different things, but Firefox is my familiar go-to.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (LadyKestrel, michele rose, flotsam), 458 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users