GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Saturdiner #1119908
08/04/17 09:58 PM
08/04/17 09:58 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Mark Twain

If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
`````````````

Stuck in rush-hour traffic, I couldn’t help but stare when a burly biker wearing black leather jacket and chaps pulled up next to me on a shocking pink Harley Davidson. My first thoughts were, “Is that really a pink Harley? I wonder if he’s…”

Just then the traffic cleared and he pulled in front of me. On the back of his helmet were stenciled the words “Yes it is. No I’m not.”
``````````

While waiting in line at the Department of Vehicle Services for my new license plate, I heard the clerk shout out, “E I E I O.” “Here,” the woman standing next to me answered.

Curious, I asked if she was married to a farmer, or maybe taught preschool.

“Neither,” she replied. “My name is McDonald.”
`````````

Working as a telemarketer for MCI Communications, I made a call to a Minnesota home one evening. When a boy around eight answered the phone, I identified myself, told him I was calling for MCI and asked to speak to his parents.

As he put the phone down, I heard him yell, “Dad! Dad! The FBI wants to talk to you!”

As soon as the father answered the phone in a quivering voice, I said, “Sir, this is not the FBI; this is MCI Communications.”

After a long pause, the man said, “This is the first time I am actually glad to hear from you guys.”
```````````

Sitting in the first row of coach class during a lengthy flight, my wife and I were able to hear a flight attendant as he pushed a wine cart down the aisle in the first-class section. “Would you care for chardonnay or burgundy?” he asked the high-paying passengers.

A few minutes later the attendant opened the curtain between the two sections, offered wine to one final first-class patron, then wheeled the same cart forward to our aisle. “Excuse me,” he said, looking down at us, “would you care for a glass of wine? We have white and red.”
``````````

When our air conditioner broke down, we called for a serviceman to come and take a look at it. It turned out to be a high school classmate of my husband’s named Love. He said next time we needed any repairs to ask for him. The next year when we needed service again, we requested Mr. Love. I took the day off from work and waited for him to arrive.

After he had worked on our air conditioner, he left his work order behind. It had my name and said: “Wants Love in afternoon.”
````````````

As a freelance secretary, I type story manuscripts. When an author pays me, I print the name of the story across the top of his check. Once when I took a check to the bank, the teller suddenly froze. Only after I had explained my procedure to a bank officer did the reason for the teller’s reaction become clear.

The story was called “Your Money or Your Life,” and that, of course, was what I had written in bold letters across the top of the check.
```````````

In honor of Memorial Day, the teacher I worked with read the Constitution to her third-grade class.

After reading “We the people,” she paused to ask the children what they thought that meant.

One boy raised his hand and asked, “Is that like ‘We da bomb?’ ”
`````````

There were only two people in line ahead of me at the electronics store, yet the wait was dragging on forever. Finally the customer behind me muttered, “Mr. Hare must be on vacation.”

Only then did I notice the name tag on the man at the register. It read: “Mr. Turtle, sales associate.”
``````````

Driving across the country, my husband and I were admiring one beautiful old Southern town while stopped at a red light. We sat there taking in the elegant storefronts, the beautiful trees and other sights, not noticing that the light had turned green and back to red again.

It was then that a police officer walked up to the car and tapped on my husband’s window. “That’s all the colors we got here,” he drawled.
``````````

Good morning everyboomie. wave2

BAM!! The week is nearly at the end. I guess that may be why they call this the week end. smile

Like Friday, I don't have any plans for Saturday. yes

Friday I did some dusting, and a bunch of exercising, and that's it. duh

Maybe Saturday I'll go out looking for a new creek to head hunt. One that's not overgrown.

It's still too hot though. Gonna be 95 degrees today. smirk

Darlene good to see you again. Glad you stopped in. I can remember when you were planning your daughter's wedding. Time does fly. wave

Have a happy day everyone. rah

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1119912
08/04/17 11:38 PM
08/04/17 11:38 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Good morning Joe! It was in the 50's most of the day yesterday. Ridiculous weather for August! If you want it, you can have it!

I'll be off to Indiana for the annual Amish Festival all day. I wish you all a good one!

Still no SpaceQ. Hope all is well!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1119921
08/05/17 04:00 AM
08/05/17 04:00 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
summer Good Morning Joe, Ana and everyone. Coffee and tea are ready.
Hope everyone has a great day! summer

Gerry
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1119923
08/05/17 07:10 AM
08/05/17 07:10 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Have a great day Gerry!

On the road time! Too chilly out there!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1119926
08/05/17 07:47 AM
08/05/17 07:47 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone, have a Great Saturday. Having a friend over this evening, not sure what our plans are yet. Danish, Eggs, Grits, Hash Browns, BB Pancakes, and French Toast in the NC. summer

Connie
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1119929
08/05/17 08:13 AM
08/05/17 08:13 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers summer

Joe, hope your weather cools down some.

Ana, have a great time at the festival!

Gerry, in dire need of coffee. Have a great day!

Connie, have a good time with your company tonight.

Good wishes to All! flowers

Gail
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1119941
08/05/17 09:54 AM
08/05/17 09:54 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Super Saturday ya'll puppy

Ana, I'd love weather in the 50's. Send it on down. Enjoy your festival.

Joe, hope you find a new place to hunt.

Gerry, thanks for the refreshments.

Connie, have a great evening where ever you end up.

Gail, hope your day is a great one.

Edit: It's that time. Sweet dreams all sleep

Last edited by looney4labs; 08/05/17 08:57 PM.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 270 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users