GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1130319 - 10/31/17 09:46 PM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
It'll get here! lol And no, there has not been a specific date announced yet. Some people and authors of articles tend to post stuff they speculate on and not backed up by facts. There has been no official release date yet regardless of where you read it, until Iceberg announces it.

#1133712 - 12/01/17 03:32 PM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
There is now a posted update on Steam in the Blackenrock forum in regards to the status of the game.

Quote:
About the development of Blackenrock
There has been some confusion on The Last Crown Blackenrock release date which we would like to clear up.

The latest date mentioned in several media is one by media that use bots that dig into the Steam admin for release dates and that stumbled on a mere administrative date (1-dec-17) which was set by us, the publisher, in the Steam administration after the last delay, simply because we have to set a date. On the store page the game has a more generic date of ‘2018’. We should have amended that date of 1-dec in time and pushed it, but admittedly forgot about that. This has now been corrected.

The reality is, is that this game is on a ‘When it is done’ status. We would have liked to seen a release for it a long time ago but the developer has kept on adding and adding to the game, creating a bigger and bigger game. They have also been creating assets for the sequels to come, The Last Crown The Haunting of Hallowed Isle, and The First Crown. Blackenrock has now become so big that it has a current estimated playthrough time of 100 hours (we’ll have to see if that holds up but yes it is immense), and while there is an asset-stop and scene-stop, the developer is working on putting all scenes and puzzles together, which is proving a very challenging job for a team of 2 people, where they are best left alone to enable them to actually finish it. In addition QA will be needed as well.

Asked why the game became so big, the developer explains that Blackenrock is simply a huge story to tell. We are pleased that despite all delays there is still a loyal following, waiting anxiously and probably disappointed it is taking so long. Rest assured though that we have confidence the finish-line is in sight, but at the same time can’t put a realistic date on it. When we do see one, know that we as the publisher will announce that via press releases, and you will not need to rely on some digging bots to find out.

Erik Schreuder
CEO
Iceberg Interactive

#1133717 - 12/01/17 05:03 PM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

hearts

Ana wave

#1133728 - 12/01/17 08:07 PM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
exalthim2 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Waukegan, Il.
Thanks Marian for the update. I have been checking Steam everyday and I was getting to post a question on this very topic. Good looking out for us, I apreciate you so much

#1133734 - 12/01/17 09:03 PM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
oldbroad Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
rolleyes

#1133740 - 12/01/17 09:24 PM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: oldbroad]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

You are most welcome, exalthim2. Like a lot of us, I have been very anxious to hear news of this game, so the minute I saw this update this morning I posted it here. Thank you for the kind words.

I won't be spending much on games the rest of this year (maybe a Big Fish game or two), because the only two adventure games I am interested in are Blackenrock and Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem. It's great for my wallet, so I tell myself that this is a positive thing. grin

#1133755 - 12/01/17 11:41 PM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
exalthim2 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Waukegan, Il.
Is the Nancy Drew out yet? I guess I have to hope for monetary gifts this Christmas so I can afford these games.
haha

Edited by exalthim2 (12/01/17 11:41 PM)

#1133765 - 12/02/17 08:24 AM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
It's finished and will be released this year. laugh

So, rather disappointingly, this is no longer holding true rolleyes

#1133767 - 12/02/17 08:57 AM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: exalthim2]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Originally Posted By: exalthim2
Is the Nancy Drew out yet? I guess I have to hope for monetary gifts this Christmas so I can afford these games.
haha

No, and a sizable majority of their fan base is convinced that it will never be released and that no one is even working on the game (although the company says that it is being worked on). I will be very surprised if we ever see it. I for one really appreciate the fact that the CEO of Iceberg stepped up and posted that update about Blackenrock - that is something that we are not seeing from HeR Interactive. We may be disappointed by this news, but the honesty about the status of Blackenrock is something I value.

#1133774 - 12/02/17 09:28 AM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: Mad]
Sonic Boomer

Originally Posted By: Mad
Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
It's finished and will be released this year. laugh

So, rather disappointingly, this is no longer holding true rolleyes

There is good reason for that and it'll be worth the wait.

Ana wave

#1133777 - 12/02/17 09:31 AM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thank you, Marian and BrownEyedTigre smile

I gave up on more of Nancy Drew a very long time ago !! razz

But AM hoping for Blackenrock eventually yes

#1133797 - 12/02/17 12:24 PM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
mike_bn Offline
Shy Boomer

I am sorry to have to say this, but this is getting ridiculous.
As i don't want to become one of those blinded fanboys who will still be cheering
for the release two years from now on, i will postulate to myself that this game will never be released,
forget about the game and move on. Being loyal, supportive, patient and understanding of the struggles
of independent developers is one thing, but this is too much, simply a joke.
Goodbye Forever-Lost-Crown, looking forward to play all these other wonderful games of my
'to-play-list' like Life is strange 2, Dreamfall, Ether One, the Witness, Catyph and some Rhem-games etc.
If i am mistaken and the game will be relased contrary to my expectation, even better :-)

Edited by mike_bn (12/02/17 12:26 PM)

#1133802 - 12/02/17 01:16 PM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

While I understand being disappointed that we aren't already playing the game, no one has put out a penny towards it except the publisher/developer. There was no kickstarter (which I have 4 year old undelivered projects lined up that I paid for that developers seem to give a bleep about), and there were no preorders in which money was taken. Jonathon is a very creative writer and developer and he is making this as he envisions it. We are not entitled to anything.

#1133869 - 12/03/17 10:09 AM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

"We are not entitled to anything".

Well said, BrownEyedTigre yes

#1133874 - 12/03/17 10:38 AM Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

Mad hearts

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (curly, manxman, dorish, 8dognight, teassoc, BrownEyedTigre), 195 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Debcon, lucebend, Lethal_Angel, AustriaGame24, 1madmouse
9042 Registered Users