GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Happy Hump Day #1120344
08/08/17 10:35 PM
08/08/17 10:35 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Aristotle

The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.
```````````

The customer ordering a floral arrangement from my shop was giving me very specific guidelines. “Nothing fragrant,” she instructed. “Nothing too tall or too wild. And no bright colors, please. My house is decorated in beige and cream. Here is a wallpaper sample.” She handed me a plain square of tan-colored paper.

“Your name?” I asked.

“Mrs. Bland,” the woman replied.
```````````

When a fellow piano tuner was ill, I took over his assignment of tuning a piano in a girls’ boardinghouse. While I was at work, several of the girls strolled casually through the room in various states of undress. The climax came when a young lady in startling deshabille appeared to pay the bill.

As I was writing the receipt, she suddenly gave me a bewildered look, then fled, screaming, “That’s not our regular man!”

Their regular man is blind.
````````````

My nephew, a flight attendant, split the back of his pants one day during a flight. To save embarrassment, he decided to work in front of the beverage cart, facing forward.

The arrangement worked perfectly until he got to the last row and a passenger leaned over to him and said in a low voice, “Your fly is open.”
````````````

During the mortgage closing on our summer house, my wife and I were asked to sign documents containing small print. When I asked if I should read it, my attorney replied, “Legally, you should. But here’s the bottom line: If you pay your installments on time, there is nothing in there that could harm you. Should you stop paying, however, there is definitely nothing in the small print that can save you.”
```````````

Bad weather meant I was stuck overnight at O’Hare airport in Chicago. Along with hotel accommodations, the airline issued each passenger a $10 meal ticket, or “chit.” That evening after dinner I presented my meal ticket to the cashier.

“Is this chit worth $10?” I asked.

Looking up nervously, the cashier responded, “I’m sorry, sir. Was the meal that bad?”
````````````

My wife and I run a small restaurant where we often name our specials after our employees—dishes like “Chicken Mickey,” after our dishwasher who gave us the recipe, and “Rod’s Ribs,” after a waiter who had his personal style of barbecue. One evening after rereading the menu, I broke with this tradition and changed the description of the special we had named after our chef.

Despite her skills and excellent reputation, somehow I didn’t think an entrée named “Salmon Ella” would go over big with our customers.
``````````

The speaker at my bank’s drive-through window had been broken for weeks, and we tellers had to resort to miming or writing notes to communicate with our frustrated customers. One day a sweet elderly lady whom I would see every week pulled up to the window, leaned out of her car and smacked the glass in front of my face.

“Hope this is bulletproof,” she yelled.

There had just been a robbery at another bank nearby, so I was touched by her concern. “It is,” I yelled back.

“Good,” she continued, “because someone is going to shoot you if you don’t get that speaker fixed.”
````````````

I feel inadequate when talking with a mechanic, so when my vehicle started making a strange noise, I sought help from a friend. He drove the car around the block, listened carefully, then told me how to explain the difficulty when I took it in for repair.

At the shop I proudly recited, “The timing is off, and there are premature detonations, which may damage the valves.”

As I smugly glanced over the mechanic’s shoulder, I saw him write on his clipboard “Lady says it makes a funny noise.”
````````````

Security and peace of mind were part of the reason we moved to a gated community. Both flew out the window the night I called a local pizza shop for a delivery. “I’d like to order a large pepperoni, please,” I said, then gave him the address of our condominium.

“We’ll be there in about half an hour,” the kid at the other end replied. “Your gate code is still 1238, right?”
```````````

After shopping at a busy store, another woman and I happened to leave at the same time, only to be faced with the daunting task of finding our cars in the crowded parking lot. Just then my car horn beeped, and I was able to locate my vehicle easily.

“Wow,” the woman said. “I sure could use a gadget like that to help me find my car.”

“Actually,” I replied, “that’s my husband.”
````````````````

My friend is notorious for waiting until the needle is on empty before filling his gas tank. Finally his car died on him, and we had to push it to the nearest filling station. After my friend finished pumping gas, the attendant asked if he had learned anything.

“Yeah,” my friend muttered, “I learned I have a 15-gallon tank.”
```````````

My sister Darlene has the courage—but not always the skills—to tackle any home-repair project. For example, in her garage are pieces of a lawn mower she once tried to fix. So I wasn’t surprised the day my other sister, Jesse, and I found Darlene attacking her vacuum cleaner with a screwdriver.

“I can’t get this thing to cooperate,” she explained.

“Why don’t you drag it out to the garage and show it the lawn mower?” Jesse suggested.
``````````

Good morning everyboomie. wave2

This week is humping right along. yes

It's time for me to start mowing again, and that's just what I did this evening. It felt pretty cool outside to me, at 7:30, so I rushed out to mow my yard inside the fence. I jumped on my mower without realizing that the seat had a half gallon of water in it. slapforehead

It was just a cool mowing session all in all.......and under all. lol

Still have to mow outside the yard, and across the street.

I found two points today out at the sod farm. It was a hot day as far as that was concerned. shocked

When I got back home, I was worn out. tired

Gotta go dig up something to eat now. happydance

Have a happy day everyone. rah

joe

Last edited by gymcandy1; 08/08/17 10:36 PM.

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1120347
08/08/17 10:42 PM
08/08/17 10:42 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Joe, I would have loved to have seen your face when you sat down! rotfl
Congrats on the points! joy

Have a happy day all. I have to wait for a fridge repair this morning. I don't seem to have good luck in purchases. lol Fridge is only 9 months old. My new car has been at the dealer for ten days now already and no end in sight. lol

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1120354
08/08/17 11:21 PM
08/08/17 11:21 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
That's not as bad as doing it while I was at work at Lowe's Ana. rolleyes lol

G'night Ana and all. wave

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1120365
08/09/17 04:27 AM
08/09/17 04:27 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
summer Good Morning Joe and Ana. Joe congrats on finding 2 points! bravo Ana sounds like you are having a stressful time. Sending you hugs! catrub Coffee and tea are ready.
Wishing you all a stress free day! summer

Gerry
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1120379
08/09/17 07:44 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers hamster

Joe, congrats on the point find.

Ana, hugs out to you. Sending good vibes on repairs.

Gerry, coffee welcomed.

Sun is shining. Getting outside today. Good day wishes to All! summer

Gail
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1120380
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone, have a Super Hump Day. Dinner and Queen of Hearts at the Eagles tonight. Danish, Eggs, Grits, BB Pancakes, Hash Browns, and French Toast in the NC. summer

Connie
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1120388
08/09/17 08:08 AM
08/09/17 08:08 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
lol Joe, I'd imagine doing that at work could be a bit embarrassing!

Gerry, life is a rollercoaster, I'm holding on! grin How's things?

Gail, how are you feeling? hearts

connie, enjoy your night, sounds like fun!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1120415
08/09/17 10:43 AM
08/09/17 10:43 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Wonderful Wednesday ya'll puppy

I'll be doing more book cooking and a little cleaning, plus a few errands. Hubby will be home tonight happydance It's been awhile!

Joe, glad you found some points. The water story is a good one. You need a cover for your mower.

Ana, sorry everything is breaking. They sure don't make stuff (or repair people) like they used to. I hope it all gets fixed soon.

Gerry, thanks for the coffee. Have a great day.

Gail, working in the yard or just hanging in the sunshine?

Connie, enjoy!

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1120482
08/09/17 08:01 PM
08/09/17 08:01 PM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Home again, home again, jiggety-jig. Goooood evening Boomers.

It's good to be home.

wave2

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1120489
08/09/17 08:59 PM
08/09/17 08:59 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Night guys, sleep well sleep

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 356 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users