GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
GK2 stumped or stuck? #112051
12/07/02 10:20 PM
12/07/02 10:20 PM
North aurora IL
burpee Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
burpee  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

North aurora IL
I'm sitting here feeling down and out because I can't get the last 2 levels of Chips Challenge 2 and I'm stuck or stumped in Gabriel Knight 2 (something unlucky about that no. 2).

I'm at the end of chapter 4 and the only locations left on the map that are active is the Schoss castle in Rittersberg and the Wagner Museum. I consulted a walkthrough and it said that I need to talk to Gerde and go get a fax from the post office and take it to the Wagner museum. Well, Gerde won't talk to me. There is no fax at the post office. I have rewalked the entire Wagner museum. The Smiths are nowhere to be seen and Grace won't talk to Huber. The church is empty. I clicked everything on the phone but nothing works. I did talk to Chaphill about the diary and learned that it was translated to English but he won't share it. Grace says OK, it was just a shot in the dark and hangs up.

Am I stuck or am I stumped? Does anyone know what I'm missing? Thank you, Nancy

Re: GK2 stumped or stuck? #112052
12/07/02 10:43 PM
12/07/02 10:43 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Hi Nancy,

Here's a check list from the UHS Hints if the day won't end:

Did you check your travel map to see which locations are blinking?
Did you examine everything very carefully in the Ludwig Museum, Neuschwanstein and the Wagner Museum and talk to everyone you can?
Did you call Sir Richmond Chaphill and obtain the number of Thomas Chaphill?
Did you call Thomas Chaphill?
Did you talk to Mrs. Smith about Grace's dream?
Did you pick up the fax?
If the day *still* won't end, retrace your footsteps and leave no stone unturned.

If the Museum and the Schoss castle are the only ones left, maybe try one more time to see what can be done there.

Museum:
You should be quite the historian by now <G>!
Since you have free rein of the place, take the opportunity to examine everything and, again, make sure Grace reads everything out loud.
It would be rude to leave without talking to your very gracious host, so thoroughly interrogate Georg.

Hope something here will be the one that you need to do yet so you can move forward.

MaG

Re: GK2 stumped or stuck? #112053
12/07/02 11:42 PM
12/07/02 11:42 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Nancy, if the Wagner Museum is still active then you have missed something there, because it should disappear when you are finished with everything. What most people miss is a second section on the left hand side. When you are standing near the woman at the desk, if you move your cursor around carefully, you will get two action icons--one going more or less straight back and the other going back and to the left. Maybe this is what is throwing you off.

In addition to the walkthrough here at GB, you will find a whole bunch of others here . I suggest you check through them and see if there is anything else you missed...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: GK2 stumped or stuck? #112054
12/08/02 09:18 AM
12/08/02 09:18 AM
North aurora IL
burpee Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
burpee  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

North aurora IL
Wow, thank you everyone for responding, really appreciate it.

I did give the rose to Gerde and she gave me the car keys. I'm so glad that they are talking as I wasn't liking Grace very much at first.

I have found everything including the left room at the Ludwig museum. I couldn't move on from there at first because I missed a display.

At Neuschwanstein (sp) I had missed clicking on the "tour" for the closed door. I kept clicking on the door and Grace wondered about why it was closed, lol.

Anyway, I did all that and now they are not active. I assumed that the Wagner museum was still active because I need to take the fax to Georg. I may not have read everything outload. That could be a problem so I'll go back and reread it all.

Thanks again wave

Re: GK2 stumped or stuck? #112055
12/08/02 09:19 AM
12/08/02 09:19 AM
Oslo, Norway
Carolin Offline
Settled Boomer
Carolin  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oslo, Norway
Did you try to call the editor of the Ludwig book.
I think you must call him, then another number you get before the ax appear.

By the way, sometimes the wagner museum still flash even you have done everything. That happened to me a couple of times, and I had done everything.

I haven't lost it, I just can't find it....
Re: GK2 stumped or stuck? #112056
12/08/02 01:38 PM
12/08/02 01:38 PM
North aurora IL
burpee Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
burpee  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

North aurora IL
I have made it to the next day thanks to everyone's help. I had to leave the room though when that girl was climbing all over Gabriel (made me blush).

Here's what I did just in case someone else is ever stuck here. It might prove helpful.

Going back to Wagner museum and the lake did nothing. I went back to Ludwig's museum and reread everything aloud. I saw nothing new but I got extra points anyway and Grace got excited about a letter to the Conductor that I had already seen.

Went back to Ludwig's castle and saw some paintings that I missed and got another point.

Back at Schloss castle Gerde still won't talk to me. I went back to the Wagner museum and got a conversation about the conductor's letter with Georg.

Back at Schloss Gerde still won't talk to me, grrrr. At the post office she says no packages for Grace.

Up in the library sitting the desk I discover something new. I had been trying to look at Grace's notebook in inventory. I accidentily clicked on the bottom icon and her notebook opens up. I read the whole thing. When I closed it I had the fax in inventory. Weird. I gained 14 points.

I read the fax and headed to Georg. Good boy Georg smile End of chapter, yayyyyy!

Re: GK2 stumped or stuck? #112057
12/08/02 05:39 PM
12/08/02 05:39 PM
San Francisco
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer
fov  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco
that is really weird. you shouldn't have to read grace's notebook to trigger anything... at least, i've never had to. and i'm pretty sure gerde *gives* grace the fax... you see it in a movie.

but however it happened, i'm glad you finally got through the chapter!

that girl climbing all over gabe is... icky, but oh, the look on von glower's face when he walks into the bedroom... makes me melt every time.

have fun! you're getting to the best part!

smile emily

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (jboliver), 438 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users