GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1118057 - 07/17/17 10:26 PM Re: ESO: Morrowind [Re: SharonB]
Draclvr Offline
Hints & Glitches forum Moderator
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
Thank you, SharonB, but it was Trail who posted that link!

#1118246 - 07/19/17 05:50 AM Re: ESO: Morrowind [Re: Draclvr]
SharonB Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Delaware, USA
duh headscratch I'm sorry Trail Mystic. Thank you for those links. As I expressed to Draclvr they were a great help.

Edit 7/21: Well, I finally got thru that quest. Very simple if you know what you're doing... I keep getting caught up in more quests/tasks and I can't find my way around yet. So I've got lots with more to do, but I can't find them to do them. I know that finding stuff is part of the achievement. I'm broke - 24 gold because I stole something. I can't fast travel - no money.

Having said that, I did learn more about the controls that I didn't understand before. I couldn't make the quick slot potions work for me and found that was because the keys needed to be mapped or bound. I took a look at some of the other controls and found out how to make my horse show up and how to ride him. So I'm pretty pleased with that progression. Now I need to find out if I need a banker or merchant or if that is used only by groups. That's another mystery to figure out.

This quest marker system is both a bane and a benefit. It gives me the direction I need to go, but no clue as to whether it's even in the same town. Keeps saying above! - no below! I think some of the quest markers are pointed at places I haven't been to yet. Suffice to say I need to be able to read and understand the legend/marker system. -- Taking a break from the game for a bit. I'll go back to youtube and try to find that legend.

SharonB catrub

Edited by SharonB (07/21/17 03:39 PM)

#1121233 - 08/15/17 05:49 PM Re: ESO: Morrowind [Re: SharonB]
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Delaware
Hi everyone. I have t been around in ages, but finally got some time to pop in today and was curious about ESO Morrowind. The original Morrowind is now one of my favorite games and I'm playing it once again (I don't know how many times I've replayed it but I can't seem to stop-lol)

Anyway, when I heard about this expansion I was really curious about it because I love Morrowind and I love graphics in general, so I'm eager to see the graphics in this. But, I'm definitely a single-player girl and was wondering if you can play as a single player, or if you have to play with other RL players?

I'm wondering if it is worth my buying it knowing how I feel about this, and so thought I'd see how you guys feel about it.

PS My one and only experience with MMO's was playing Warcraft in 2008 and I had NO clue what I was doing. As I was standing there trying to figure things out, someone came up to me and talked, but I didn't know how to have a conversation yet, so I didn't say anything and he called me a "b" and walked off. Needless to say, because of that kind of thing, I'm not crazy about getting into a similar situation again!!

Thanks so much for your help you guys,
Tracy 😊

#1121333 - 08/16/17 11:21 AM Re: ESO: Morrowind [Re: SharonB]
lindy236 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: South Dakota
Hi SharonB,

I have been playing ESO:Tamriel Unlimited for awhile now,just recently brought Morrowind. Since you have Morrowind you just might have Tamriel Unlimited as well. This is one huge game with a high learning curve. I will try to answer your questions and help you out on you long adventure.
You can play most of this game solo you do not need to group with anyone. I do not use the keyboard and mouse. I use an xbox controller. I find this so much easier to use. When it comes to quests and were to go you can select a quest in your journal,at the bottom it should say "show on map" press what key it shows and it will show you the location. There are add-ons that you can use. The ones that I like is "Destinations" shows where the quest givers are located and tons of other info. "Skyshards" shows were they are located to get those extra skill points. If you join the Mages Guild "Lorebooks" is a good one to have to help find all those books to level their skill line. Some of these are outdated because they just released a new DLC. The Wayshrines are a fast way to travel, most of them you need to find. I believe in the capital cites you should be able to travel to them right away. Stealing is a great way to make fast money, just don't get caught. Sell stolen goods to a fence. Their hideouts look like a "chicken foot" on the map. They usual have two entrances one in town and one outside of town. They can also take care of any bounty that you have, just get to them before a guard catches you. I hope some of this helps. smile

#1121342 - 08/16/17 11:56 AM Re: ESO: Morrowind [Re: SharonB]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks, Lindy wavegirl

Have fun, SharonB wave

#1125106 - 09/16/17 05:12 AM Re: ESO: Morrowind [Re: lindy236]
SharonB Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Delaware, USA
Thanks Lindy. I've been trying different characters to try to get a feel for how I want to play. I'm very indecisive. So, there is a lot of starting over. However, sometimes I really like a character but can't seem to progress very well with it. I haven't played in a while because I got very frustrated at not being able to take out a villain that is way more powerful than me. I realize that I just need to go and do a different quest till I'm better equipped, but I was doing so well to that point. Going to look at some more youtube videos on the game and I may just start over again and refine my character.

Tracy you can play as a single player, but you will not be able to do all things. There is however quite a lot for the single player. I had my doubts about playing a multiplayer game as well but so far all is good. I'm a little unsure about player interaction though. Sometimes other players will be doing the same quest as you and I wonder am I supposed to help them or let them make their own achievements. Sometimes I've followed other players through a tough patch and managed to fight my way through with a little help. I haven't spoken to them because I don't know how to do that yet though.
I hope you decide to try the game, it is very good and exciting!

SharonB catrub

#1125139 - 09/16/17 01:35 PM Re: ESO: Morrowind [Re: SharonB]
RNL Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Ohio
My daughter allows me to play her game on the PS4. I get to do the tedious stuff like gathering, fishing, getting skyshards, delves etc. . . which is fine as she is in end game play which I am not nearly good enough of a player to do that content and I prefer to do more solo stuff than she does. While it is fun to run around with characters at max champion points and best in slot gear this is one game where the PC has it much better than the PS4 when it comes to modding in the game. We have heard that Sony would not allow modding for the PS4 version, nothing we can verify if true but still we miss out on a lot of good stuff to make the game easier. We also do not have the Master Merchant (?) and need to run around to the top guild traders to try and find prices on the items we want to sell, remember all of them and set our price. PC players have it so much easier to get higher dps scores as they have mods to help with timing of animation cancelling whereas the PS4 version is all guesswork.
(High DPS scores are important with end game guilds and running that content).
I have found youtube and the internet has just about everything needed to help out with the stuff I am doing when I want or need anything such as skyshard locations in the delves for example as I am not interested in actually finishing the delve just getting the skyshard from there.
I am glad to see other Gameboomers playing this game and I hope you have a lot of fun!

#1125616 - 09/20/17 05:44 PM Re: ESO: Morrowind [Re: SharonB]
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Delaware
Thanks so much, SharonB. I think I might have to give it a try! I have a feeling once I do, I may need to pop in and ask a lot of questions-glad you guys are here! 😊

Tracy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  looney4labs, Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
5 registered (Barry, philthethrill10, Gimme, Gnabgib, Pokey), 183 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Zorkmid57, StuDapples, SweetLulu, Lion_1251, phimestudio
8978 Registered Users