GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Happy Hump Day #1121253
08/15/17 10:15 PM
08/15/17 10:15 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
George Carlin

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.
`````````````

A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in Alberta when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, Will you give me a calf?"

Bud looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, Why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg , Germany.

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Bud.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a Member of Parliament for the Canadian Government", says Bud.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter.

This is a herd of sheep... now give me back my dog.
```````````````

A woman went into a bar in Texas and saw a cowboy with his feet propped up on a table. He had the biggest feet she’d ever seen. The woman asked the cowboy if it’s true what they say about men with big feet. The cowboy grinned and said, “Sure is, little lady! Why don’t you come on out to the bunk house and let me prove it to you!” The woman wanted to find out for herself, so she spent the night with him. The next morning she handed him a $100 bill. Blushing, he said, “Well, thank ya Ma’am. I’m real flattered. Aitn’t nobody ever paid me fer mah services before. The woman replied, “Don’t be flattered. Take the money and buy yourself some boots that fit.”
````````````

Q. What is the ideal weight of a lawyer?

A. About three pounds, including the urn.
`````````

"It's just too hot to wear clothes today," Jack says as he stepped out of the shower, "Honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?" To which she replied "They'd think I married you for your money."
````````````

One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his Sweatshirt. Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, 'What setting do I use on the washing machine?' 'It depends,' I replied. 'What does it say on your shirt?' He yelled back, 'OHIO STATE!' And they say blondes are dumb!
```````````

Man, I'll tell ya, women are cold until the end!

The doctor, after an examination, sighed and said, 'I've got some bad news. You have cancer, and you'd best put your affairs in order.'

The woman was shocked, but managed to compose herself and walk into the waiting room where her daughter had been waiting.

'Well, daughter, we women celebrate when things are good, and we celebrate when things don't go so well. In this case, things aren't well. I have cancer. So, let's head to the club and have a martini.'

After 3 or 4 martinis, the two were feeling a little less somber. There were some laughs and more martinis. They were eventually approached by some of the woman's old friends, who were curious as to what the two were celebrating.

The woman told her friends they were drinking to her impending end, 'I've been diagnosed with AIDS.' The friends were aghast, gave the woman their condolences and beat a hasty retreat.

After the friends left, the woman's daughter leaned over and whispered, 'Momma, I thought you said you were dying of cancer, and you just told your friends you were dying of AIDS! Why did you do that??'

'Because I don't want any of those witches sleeping with your father after I'm gone.'

And THAT, my friends, is what is called, 'Putting Your Affairs In Order'
```````````

After being away on business, Tim thought it would be nice to bring his wife a little gift.

"How about some perfume?" he asked the cosmetics clerk.

She showed him a bottle costing $50.00.

"That's a bit much," said Tim, so she returned with a smaller bottle for $30.00.

"That's still quite a bit," Tim complained.

Growing annoyed, the clerk brought out a tiny $15.00 bottle.

"What I mean is," said Tim, "I'd like to see something really cheap."

The clerk handed him a mirror.
`````````

This 80 year old woman was arrested for shoplifting in a supermarket.

When she went before the judge he asked her, 'What did you steal?'

She replied, 'A can of peaches.'

The judge then asked her why she had stolen the can of peaches, and she replied that she was hungry.

The judge asked her how many peaches were in the can.

She replied that there were six.

The judge said, 'Then I will give you six days in jail.'

Before the judge could actually pronounce the punishment, the woman's husband stood up, and asked the judge if he could say something.

The judge said, 'What is it?'

The husband said, ‘She also stole a can of peas.’
```````````

Good morning everyboomie. wave2

Welcome to Hump Day. woot

I spent Tuesday morning mowing. L4L I can't stand chaos and disorder. That's why I can never let my hair grow long either. That tall grass had to go. It's more tall weeds than grass anyway. razz

It was a very hot chore though, and I retreated inside for the rest of the day, just as soon as I was done. slapforehead

Still working on Myst V, and wanting to do a little more before bed time so.... smile

Hasta la vista baby! wave

Have a happy day everyone. rah

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1121256
08/15/17 10:52 PM
08/15/17 10:52 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Enjoy your game time, Joe!

Off to do another volunteer stint at Starved Rock for cleanup. Hopefully a lot of folks will turn out and we can cover a lot of territory.

Have a happy day all!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1121279
08/16/17 04:26 AM
08/16/17 04:26 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
summer Good Morning Joe, Ana and everyone. Joe what are you up to today? Ana hope a lot of volunteers show up! Ana do you know why my Avatar picture is gone? I noticed others have changed too. Coffee and tea are ready. Wishing everyone a sunny day! summer

Gerry
Tuesday's #1121287
08/16/17 07:21 AM
08/16/17 07:21 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone, have a Wonderful Hump Day, L4L, Ellen and I are watching The 100, then on Sunday night I watch The Ozarks with Ada. When I'm by myself I'm watching The Originals. Dinner and Queen of Hearts tonight at the Eagles. Danish, Eggs, Grits, BB Pancakes, Hash Browns, and French Toast in the NC. summer

Connie
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1121290
08/16/17 07:27 AM
08/16/17 07:27 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Opps posted in yesterdays thread, so I'll add breakfast here again. Danish, Eggs, Grits, BB Pancakes, Hash Browns, and French Toast in the NC. summer

Connie
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1121304
08/16/17 08:28 AM
08/16/17 08:28 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers summer

Joe, relax and have fun with your game.

Ana, have a great day!

Gerry, coffee sounds good this morning.

Connie, thanks. Almost missed the Danish.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day! lab

Gail
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1121327
08/16/17 10:33 AM
08/16/17 10:33 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Happy Hump Day ya'll puppy

Gonna feel like triple digits again here today. I'll be inside in the AC continuing my file cleaing/reorganzing til it's time to take Keoki to the vet for laser and blood test. The den looks like the file cabinent exploded...piles here there and everywhere. Have to get finished before the boys get back. It's amazing how much stuff is in there, and how difficult it can be knowing what you can safely shred. I'm always sure that as soon as I shred it, I'm gonna need it rotfl

Joe, You must kin to hubby. He doesn't like the long weeds either. I do like it when everything is neat and tidy...just don't like being the one who has to keep it that way. Also, being allergic to grass helped me decide to just "Let it Go."

Ana, hope you get many many volunteers. Cleaning up litter or storm damage? We have a big ole limb down in the backyard...too big for me to move. Will have to get with hubby this weekend...though truthfully, it's not bothering me. But it does make the dogs have to find a new track through the yard.

Gerry, I think your avatar disappearing to do with photo-bucket. Mine and Soot's are also gone. I remember reading on the forums somewhere that photobucket was being difficult. I need to find that thread and see where folks moved their pictures to for hosting.

Connie, I moved your post on over wave What is The Originals about?

Gail, how ya doing?

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1121360
08/16/17 01:51 PM
08/16/17 01:51 PM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
L4L, thanks for moving mt post. The Originals, is about Vampires, Werewolves, and Hybrids (Vampire/Werewolves) in New Orleans. bat

Connie
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1121361
08/16/17 02:02 PM
08/16/17 02:02 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Well, my shredder just gave up the ghost. Maybe The Originals got to it, Connie. I'll have to check it out :o)

Time to get changed for the vet.

-Roger Caras
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1121401
08/16/17 07:53 PM
08/16/17 07:53 PM
Massachusetts
Midge Offline
Graduate Boomer
Midge  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Hi gang. Just checking in to say I'm here, in the background but here anyway.. I've enjoying my one day off. Had a hair appointment, met one of my best friends, text my daughter Pam and enjoying the rest of the day. I hope you all had a good day today. Tomorrow at work I'll be working with another caregiver(my favorite) to work with a party at the Blisses, maybe 50 people, from 5:30 to 7:30. We'll see how it goes.

I hope you all are having a good day.

See you all in the morning sometime. I'll be looking for my fav breakfast connie.

Midgie hearts wavegirl

Just do it.
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1121402
08/16/17 08:37 PM
08/16/17 08:37 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Midgy, glad you had a good day off. Hope the party goes well tomorrow wavegirl

-Roger Caras
Re: Happy Hump Day [Re: gymcandy1] #1121406
08/16/17 09:08 PM
08/16/17 09:08 PM
Alabama
soot Online content
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Online Content
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Happy Wednesday Joe Ana L4L Midge Connie Gerry and Gail .. wishing you all a quiet and restful evening thumbsup

I'm still catching up with my sleep deficit...making progress one night at a time yes

Sleep well everyone

sleep

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (soot, BrownEyedTigre, fildil, 1 invisible), 386 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users