GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#1121756 - 08/20/17 12:32 AM Tex- UAKM
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
Hi fellow Boomers,
I just finished playing (for the umpteenth time), "Under A Killing Moon". A great plot, and a wonderful ending.Of course, I had the help of a GB walkthrough, so it went very smoothly.
This game is a prime example of what an adventure game SHOULD be, but aside from Syberia 3, which I have not yet purchased, they are not the same as they used to be (in my not so humble opinion). I'd love to hear some input on this very topic from my GB friends, which should be interesting to all of us. BTW, I have the original boxed version of UAKW, but I now have the GOG version, which ran flawlessly. Next GOG purchase: "The Pandora Directive", another of my many original boxed games.
HAPPY GAMING!
Sandy

#1121757 - 08/20/17 12:47 AM Re: Tex- UAKM [Re: sanford]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
While I do think that some good adventure games are still being made, I agree with you that a lot of them aren't what they used to be. Coincidentally, I am replaying Under a Killing Moon right now and it's just so darn good: plot, puzzles, humor, great entertainment.

I've been a gamer for a very long time (since 1982) and I do think that the 1990s saw the pinnacle of great adventure gaming; there were so many amazing adventure games released during that decade. wave

#1121835 - 08/21/17 01:36 AM Re: Tex- UAKM [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Although I've not been playing Adventure games quite as long as you, Marian, [ evil ] I definitely agree that the cream of the graphical crop were the releases of the 1990s yes

Plus I feel the type of game now being classed as "Adventure" is somewhat different ....

"Hybrids Abound" !! rolleyes

#1121839 - 08/21/17 01:53 AM Re: Tex- UAKM [Re: Mad]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
Hi Mad,
I guess that's the point I was trying to make. I thank you for clarifying that. I guess that's why I choose, these days, to replay my old favorites instead of all this new "stuff" that's being released as "adventure" games, no offense to the developers, of course. "I'm just an old fashioned type of guy". LOL
Sandy

#1121969 - Yesterday at 12:33 AM Re: Tex- UAKM [Re: sanford]
CountZero Offline
Settled Boomer

Now I am going to have to go and replay this game, again.....Thanks Sanford smile

#1122080 - Today at 12:12 AM Re: Tex- UAKM [Re: sanford]
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Southern Exposure
I am so glad that you are enjoying my favorite game of all times. I Love Tex Murphy yay

Edited by lexxy (Today at 12:13 AM)
Currently playing The Moment Of Silence

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (Redz, RebKean, 1 invisible), 109 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Cloud789, sepul, PP_Guy, gggamer, gavoid
8949 Registered Users