GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Gabriel Knight 3 running on windows 10 -64 bit #1121763
08/20/17 09:03 AM
08/20/17 09:03 AM
The Netherlands, Groningen
FlyingDutchman42 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
FlyingDutchman42  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

The Netherlands, Groningen

I don't know if this is usefull to post here,
but my Gabriel Knight 3 (3 disc version,original)
installed and played well
(so far) on my Windows 10-64bit without an installer patch
(or anything else)
Installed in: 1.comp mode Windows XP (service pack 2),
2.Ingame went to graphic options, selected primairy driver,
selected 1024x768, 3.advanced options: texture high,Lighting high

And than ... the game crashed, I had to restart the pc, but
after restarting everything seems to work fine! yes

Re: Gabriel Knight 3 running on windows 10 -64 bit [Re: FlyingDutchman42] #1121773
08/20/17 10:28 AM
08/20/17 10:28 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Glad you got it working. wave

Our Windows 10 thread has these instructions about running the game - I will copy them here, just in case you or anyone else might be interested:

Quote:
Gabriel Knight 3, 1999 - Stella over at Mystery Manor had the disk version of this game. RCB posted this work-around and as Stella says, she is now playing it in all its pixelated glory!

First thing you'll need is an installer patch that allows all the discs to be loaded on your hard drive. The one I'm using can be found ***HERE*** under the G's. Use this instead of the GK3.exe that comes on the first cd. You will be prompted to load the discs as the game is installed at default location: C:/Sierra/Gabriel Knight 3. At the end you may be asked to set up game configuration. Chose no because it's a good idea to know where that option is located.

Game Configuration:
Go to the Gabriel Knight 3 folder and look for Configure GK3.exe. Highlight the full screen rectangle and select 1024x768. Save.

First Time Running:
This installation didn't create a desktop short cut but the new launch file in the main folder is named Gabriel Knight 3.exe. The date of the file should be something like 9/1/2014. I'd recommend sending this to the desktop for convenience since it is necessary to apply compatibility options. Note that the original GK3.exe (1999) is still present but don't touch it. Game Compatibility Mode Settings: I know it's tempting but DO NOT change to a different (older) operating system, leave it alone. What you do need to do though is check the box for reduced color mode - 16 bit (65536) color.
Apply.
Next step is start the game. After the intro and you get control of the game right click to get the 'in game' option menu. Select Configuration Options - Advanced Options - Graphics Options. Turn off (unselect) Incremental Rendering and set the game resolution to 1024x768. Note that if each time you start the game and get a notice like frame buffer overload you will need to reset the resolution from 640x480 back to 1024x768.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (manxman), 259 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users