GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
General Screen Question #1122190
08/23/17 09:30 PM
08/23/17 09:30 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I've been playing a game for a few days; just finished it. It ran normally. Now, I am starting the Bonus Game. Something very odd has happened.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if I have encountered a game bug, but when the Bonus Game starts, I get the full screen image without all the Controls at the margins. No box to click to access the "Menu," no "Inventory Bar," no "Hints" button, and no "Game Guide" button (I bought the CE version). My pointer still works just fine, and I can move about the environment, select things, even go on to a subsequent scene by clicking on the directional arrow. Obviously, though, I can't play the game this way, since I won't be able to store and retrieve Inventory if I can't see it, and I won't have access to the Game Guide if I need a nudge in finding my next task, not to mention I won't be able to access the Menu to Exit the game! (I had to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of the game.)

I have rebooted and retried the game, twice, just in case this was a one-off goof, but it is the same deal each time: No Controls. I opened another, similar game from the same company that is waiting to be played, and everything in THAT was just as normal as could be.

There are no screen resolution options with the game, so it is not that I tweaked those. Anyway, if I had, it would have impacted the Main Game, and I had no such issue previously. What do you think? Am I through here or is there a fix?

Re: General Screen Question [Re: Reenie] #1122192
08/23/17 09:35 PM
08/23/17 09:35 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Did you check the Big Fish forum for the game to see if anyone had a similar problem? What game is it?

If it were me, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. It might not help, but it is worth a try. These games almost always save your profile after having done that.

It's a strange occurrence. I can move this thread over to Glitches if you would like, but it might result in being told that you should contact Big Fish.

Re: General Screen Question [Re: Marian] #1122205
08/24/17 01:00 AM
08/24/17 01:00 AM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I was wondering that, too, about uninstall/reinstall maybe fixing it. I guess it would be worth a try.

Yes, very strange. Haven't had something like that occur since the 486 days, when screen resolution issues did arise from time to time.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 240 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users