GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1123207 - 08/31/17 03:08 PM Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Since lakerz hasn't come forward, the runner up is Iurii. Please post here and send me a PM within 48 hours *Sept 10 9PM CST* to claim your prize!

The winners are oldbroad, Donald, Kaki's Sister, lakerz and Winfrey!

Please post here and then PM to claim your code! You have 72 hours to claim or a runner up will be announced.

Big thanks to Her Interactive for their generosity!

Her Interactive has provided us with 5 keys for The Young Socratics game Odyssey.

Check out the trailer here.

To enter the giveaway please post here to say you are in and winners will be drawn on Tuesday September 5th 9PM CST and announced shortly thereafter.

You will have 72 hours to check here and claim your prize after announcement by posting here first, then sending me a PM. Any unclaimed prizes will be given to a runner-up.

Quote:
Odyssey is an all-new engaging and innovative mystery adventure game. Help Kai and her family escape their captors on the Wretched Islands – and learn the history of astronomy, mechanics, and scientific reasoning as you read Kai’s journal and solve puzzles along the way! In this unique and science-based game, the player navigates across a group of islands in the Caribbean in search of a 13-year old girl Kai and her family trapped and waiting to be rescued.

The game has an explicit purpose of teaching astronomy and mechanics from the ancient Greeks to Galileo. It does so by taking the player through an intellectual journey as the player is physically navigating through the islands. Gaming is seamlessly integrated with a historical approach to science and storytelling, through Kai’s in-game journal from which the player learns the story and the science content, which are needed to solve the puzzles. Players can expect a significant amount of reading. The game is aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards and is ideal for middle school and high school students and for adults who like to read about science.

A huge thanks to Her Interactive for their generosity.

Happy Gaming!

Ana luck

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (09/08/17 10:14 PM)

#1123208 - 08/31/17 03:18 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Online   content
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
What a great surprise !! bravo

And a big thank you to Her Interactive and to you, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup

Please enter me in the draw.

Cheers.

Mad wave

#1123214 - 08/31/17 03:37 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
copper Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: B.C. Canada
Wow...another giveaway.
Please enter me in the draw.
Thank you Her Interactive, this looks like a very interesting game.

#1123220 - 08/31/17 04:01 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: copper]
Marian Online   content
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Thank you to HeR Interactive and to Ana for the giveaway. wave

Good luck to all who enter. smile

#1123226 - 08/31/17 04:36 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
CountZero Offline
Settled Boomer

Im in this time. Thanks so much smile

#1123233 - 08/31/17 05:10 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Online   content
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Apparently this game was released on Steam back in April (2017) and the developer is "The Young Socratics".

I don't know what HerInteractive has to do with the game unless they bought the rights to publish or distribute it or something.

According to the game's website, the game was a Kickstarter project and Steam Greenlight.

http://theodysseygame.com/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/558110/Odyssey__The_Next_Generation_Science_Game/

#1123234 - 08/31/17 05:11 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
fearlessgirl Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: NC, USA
I'm in, I'm very curious about the game!

#1123236 - 08/31/17 05:45 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Online   content
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
This seems to be the Kickstarter page for the game
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/136822213/odyssey-the-next-generation-science-game

It has very good reviews on Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/558110/Odyssey__The_Next_Generation_Science_Game/

You can read about the members of the small development team that made the game at the bottom of the game's webpage

Not my thing because of motion sickness, but I hope the winners enjoy it.

#1123239 - 08/31/17 06:13 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
linda333 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Canada
Please count me in for this game giveaway. Looks like a nice change of pace and fun. Linda333....thanks to all.

#1123240 - 08/31/17 06:24 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Is this a childrens game? It looks pretty but sounds like its for children but I can't seem to find the age range. It also seems episodic.

#1123241 - 08/31/17 06:45 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: GreyFuss]
Marian Online   content
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Here is a quote from the description of the game on HeR Interactive's website:

Quote:
The game is aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards and is ideal for middle school and high school students and for adults who like to read about science.

A sequel game is planned.

Game Features (again from the HeR website):

Quote:
An immersive environment for exploration with a mystery-adventure story and science-based puzzles.
Plenty of scientific models within the game environment for investigation and conducting your own experiments.
A journal that reads like a mystery novel, while providing insight into the history of astronomy and mechanics from the ancient Greeks to Galileo, and clues for solving the puzzles.
Chapter 1 covers the origins of science, and the shift from the flat earth of the pre-Socratics to the spherical earth and physics of Aristotle.
Chapter 2 covers the shift from the geocentric universe of Ptolemy to the heliocentric universe of Copernicus and Galileo.
Chapter 3 covers the tussle between Galileo and the followers of Aristotle on free fall motion.
The third chapter ends midway through Galileo’s physics and we plan to continue the story in a sequel game, which would cover the following chapters:
Chapter 4 would cover the mathematics of uniformly accelerated motion as developed by Galileo (1D kinematics).
Chapter 5 would cover Galileo’s ideas about inertia and the mathematics of projectile motion (2D kinematics) .
Chapter 6 would complete the birth of a new physics with the construction of the three Laws of Motion and Universal Gravitation by Newton.

#1123242 - 08/31/17 07:03 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: Jenny100]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Apparently this game was released on Steam back in April (2017) and the developer is "The Young Socratics".

I don't know what HerInteractive has to do with the game unless they bought the rights to publish or distribute it or something.

According to the game's website, the game was a Kickstarter project and Steam Greenlight.

Jenny, we spoke of it here. They are promoting STEM games.

Ana wave

#1123243 - 08/31/17 07:14 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thank you Marion

So it is aimed at the children and if what I am understanding that there are six Chapters and this is just the first?

#1123246 - 08/31/17 07:54 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: GreyFuss]
Marian Online   content
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

If I am understanding the description correctly, the present game contains the first three chapters.

Becky also wrote a review of the game for Adventure Gamers, which you can find here.

#1123250 - 08/31/17 08:35 PM Re: Giveaway - The Young Socratics: Odyssey from Her Interactive [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
bigpsycho Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Montreal, Canada
i am in smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Marian, Mad, bootskitty, Winfrey, gymcandy1, Jenny100, Pokey, mabeco, oldbroad, 1 invisible), 100 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Hispoiema, MorpheusDev, NDFan1994, OlderGamer12, Fingon
8965 Registered Users