GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
"The Vermillion Watch" Series #1123551
09/03/17 04:33 PM
09/03/17 04:33 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

This is a series I stumbled upon recently and am enjoying it. The Vermillion Watch is a group of individuals assembled to fight back against international criminals that are too much for the basic London police force to handle. You know the idea there. The series is based in Victorian London, sort of on an H.G. Wells "steam punk" theme and environment.

I played Moorgate first. Excellent, long, tough minis, creative HO scenes, some quirky thinking involved, good map, pop-ups can be turned off, difficulty can be whatever you want, good bonus game. The next one in the series was Fleshbound, but it was a bit disappointing for being too easy; it didn't grab me, so I bailed after the Demo. The one I'm playing now is called Order Zero, and so far it is as compelling as Moorgate was. I will try to make this one last. ha ha Hope there are more to come!

Re: "The Vermillion Watch" Series [Re: Reenie] #1123554
09/03/17 04:59 PM
09/03/17 04:59 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks for sharing, Reenie.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: "The Vermillion Watch" Series [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1123571
09/03/17 09:30 PM
09/03/17 09:30 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I like the fact that this series is attempting to do something a bit different. I have only played the first game, but the second and third one look good to me. I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that there will be another installment. smile

Re: "The Vermillion Watch" Series [Re: Marian] #1123584
09/03/17 10:28 PM
09/03/17 10:28 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

That would be great. This series feels more "adult" in style and human in motivations. I liked the Dana Knightstone series for that reason as well. Such games make for a nice change from witches and ghosts, hauntings and demonic possessions, insane asylum or swamp settings, curses and vanishings, and the antics of foolish teenagers that seem to fill most HO type games. (And yet, I keep buying them all anyway. ha ha)

Re: "The Vermillion Watch" Series [Re: Reenie] #1123589
09/03/17 10:45 PM
09/03/17 10:45 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: Reenie
I liked the Dana Knightstone series for that reason as well. Such games make for a nice change from witches and ghosts, hauntings and demonic possessions, insane asylum or swamp settings, curses and vanishings, and the antics of foolish teenagers that seem to fill most HO type games. (And yet, I keep buying them all anyway. ha ha)

Me too! laugh

Re: "The Vermillion Watch" Series [Re: Marian] #1125053
09/15/17 02:54 PM
09/15/17 02:54 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I finished Order Zero this afternoon, and loved it all the way through to the end. Definitely one of my top rated games played! It makes you think. laugh It also makes a number of games slide down in the ratings, by comparison. I marked this one down with the highest rating and definitely will replay it.

I would add one little quibble that applies not just to this game but all the BF games. I wish they would speak to their game developers about the various introductory screens that want to repeat every time you launch the game. How many gamers want to watch the ad for the game's designer each time they boot up? How many times do gamers want to watch the ninja wave his hands at them? How many people want to watch the game-specific intro cut scene over and over? I'm guessing not many. Yes, you can skip these by clicking on the screen or the "X" button, but should you have to do this EVERY time the game starts? No. There ought to be an opt-out in the Controls list when you are dialing in the game's features and difficulty at the start. The game should let you choose to, "Watch all intro and cut scenes only at the first start-up of the game."

Re: "The Vermillion Watch" Series [Re: Reenie] #1125054
09/15/17 03:08 PM
09/15/17 03:08 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Congratulations on finishing the game! I do hope that you will find equally as good any future installments in the series. I have added Order Zero to my want-to-play list. smile

Maybe the day will come when a player is allowed to skip over all the introductory stuff - it doesn't bother me, though, to be honest - it doesn't take all that long to bypass it.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 228 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users