GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1126706
09/30/17 07:04 PM
09/30/17 07:04 PM
PITTSBURGH, PA
armand7 Offline
Shy Boomer
armand7  Offline
Shy Boomer

PITTSBURGH, PA
Draclvr: yeah, that's too bad but you didn't miss too much.......... the next place, Hyakula Lake, you will freeze your tootsies off.........
armand7

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1126707
09/30/17 07:09 PM
09/30/17 07:09 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline OP
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Yup, LOTS of ice and snow there! Having fun with this realm though.

Mad, this is the email address given for people who want to contact the developer.

info@xingthegame.com

Gardens put to bed for the winter. Time for some gaming!
Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1126724
09/30/17 11:55 PM
09/30/17 11:55 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
Thanks, Draclvr. I will look into it.
Sandy

Thanks, but the Steam WT is also video

Last edited by sanford; 10/01/17 12:20 AM. Reason: added text
Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: sanford] #1126793
10/01/17 12:28 PM
10/01/17 12:28 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
"Mad, this is the email address given for people who want to contact the developer : info@xingthegame.com".

Thanks very much for that address, Draclvr. I will use it to make enquiries and let you know how I go on thumbsup

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1126804
10/01/17 01:55 PM
10/01/17 01:55 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Mad,

Here are patch notes for the two patches:

Patch Notes Build 3632:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamKiwi/comments/72atlf/xing_the_land_beyond_patch_notes_build_3632/

Patch Notes Build 3633
https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamKiwi/comments/72wbzg/xing_the_land_beyond_patch_notes_build_3633/

You may or may not run into the issues that the patches were intended to fix.

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Jenny100] #1126808
10/01/17 02:33 PM
10/01/17 02:33 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thanks for those, Jenny100. I've made a note of both smile

I've also sent an email to the address Draclvr gave me.

So .... We'll see what (if anything) ensues grin

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1126816
10/01/17 02:59 PM
10/01/17 02:59 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline OP
Draclvr  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
It appears that many of the issues that were patched had to do with the VR built into the game.

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1126819
10/01/17 03:17 PM
10/01/17 03:17 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
I'm presuming "VR" stands for virtual reality ?

But I've no idea how that would be implanted or anything.
[You know me, Draclvr. As thick as two planks regarding anything techie shocked]

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1126820
10/01/17 03:30 PM
10/01/17 03:30 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Most of the issues addressed in the patches were not specific to playing the game with VR:

Patch notes 3632
https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamKiwi/comments/72atlf/xing_the_land_beyond_patch_notes_build_3632/
Quote:

VR:
Fixed a bug where vertically facing fans (updrafts) were drastically reducing movement speed in VR.
Disabled buttons in the menu no longer highlight when traced by a motion controller.

General:
Fixed an issue where gameplay settings were getting reset to default whenever the player changed levels.
The movement tutorial will no longer show if you return to your save file after completing the game. (You’d think you would know how to move by then!)

Zeneth:
Updated the circular door graphics to accurately reflect the number of poetry per level (whoops!)
Removed an erroneously placed teleporter mesh in the rune forrest / short stories area.

Beach:
Added an extra stone head near the bonfire to facilitate easier passage to the treasure.
Made the collision on the stone heads larger for easier jumps.

Rain Forest:
Hanging drums should no longer get stuck in an upward position if hit really hard (limited the swing angle)
Hanging drums no longer light up if touched by the player.

Lake:
Fixed a critical bug where player’s could spawn to an inactive respawn node and be stuck underwater. NOTE: To anyone who experienced this issue, this patch will fix your save (you should spawn back up above the water when you reopen your file) but the music will be stuck on the final puzzle music. If this bothers you, you can reset the level using the menu to get the music back to normal, though you will need to replay the level back to where you were.

Rune Levels / Short Stories:
Fixed the text on the 3rd tablet in Rowland’s story to match the voice over.

Akasha:
The door to Akasha should now remember if it has been opened if you quit before entering.
Fixed some rubbish collision on the path to the first power beacon (time of day)

Known issues:
Some users are still reporting the left eye transparency flickering problem on Vive. I’m not positive, but I believe this is an issue with certain graphics drivers and Unreal. I’ve sent out a support ticket to Epic for a solution, but in the meantime people have said restarting their computer has fixed the issue for them. Seems weird, maybe it is something to do with SteamVR settings carrying over from other applications… not sure yet. Let me know if you find any clues on the forums.
I’m going to add mouse and gamepad sensitivity options to the menu. The variables are actually already there in “Game.ini”, they just don’t have an option in the menu yet.
We are thinking about adding an indicator for VR users noting where the center of their playspace is should you move too far away from it.. For comfort reasons, XING does not move the player’s collision capsule with the HMD movement. That could possibly create situations like the player walking forward in real life into a wall, but the camera would stay stationary due to the collision. While that sounds like it makes sense, it causes a serious disconnect when the game camera doesn’t move when you do. By decoupling HMD movement from the actual collision in game, however, the can be situations where the player doesn’t know where their actual collision is compared to their position in real life. Hopefully this would reduce the number of “I fell through the floor” reports, as these are caused by people thinking they are in the center of their avatar in game but in reality they may be a ways away.
I want to address some of the platforming issues brought up as well. As many of you pointed out, the ability to jump differentiates XING from some of it’s contemporaries, but some of the jumps are a little rough. I’ll be sweeping through the game and cleaning up any oddball platforming sections.

Patch notes 3633
https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamKiwi/comments/72wbzg/xing_the_land_beyond_patch_notes_build_3633/
Quote:

VR:
OK, this time I swear I actually fixed the fans in VR. I completely rewrote the fan code and have personally vetted every fan in the game in VR, so there should be no more issues with this (knock on wood). Essentially what was causing the super slow motion was that the player could potentially never technically “reach the top” in VR due to literal height differences between players. This has been entirely reworked and should be a comfortable and consistent experience in VR.

General:
I added a save backup for both the main game saves and the in level quicksaves. Essentially this should help prevent edge case issues if for some reason the save file was halfway written during a power failure, for example. The system should automatically move over to using the backup files, but should it not, you can manually swap the files very easily in explorer. Quicksaves backups are a little different in that they only save when a talisman quad is placed, giving the user a sort of hard “checkpoint” to be able to backup to incase something goes wrong during play and they want to reset

Zeneth:
Fixed some collision in the Rune Forest area to prevent players from getting stuck.

Lake:
Fixed an issue where you could get stuck between some pillars and ice on the second talisman quad puzzle (elephant forest area). (Thanks Colin :D)

Desert:
Fixed an out of bounds problem in the second area.

Rune Levels / Short Stories:
Fixed some collision around Cassia’s level where you could go out of bounds.

To address some of the issues brought up last patch…

My best guess on the flickering in the left eye on Vive issue is that it is caused by out of date graphics drivers. Make sure you guys update your drivers before trying again, and if the issue persists, make a post on the discussion forums listing your hardware and driver combo.

There seems to be a few graphical errors when playing on Intel graphics. We don’t officially support Intel Graphics (mainly because most of them are too underpowered for the game) but I’ll take a look on my Intel system and see if I can find out what is happening anyways. It may also be a driver issue.

On the platforming front, I’m thinking about prototyping an optional jump assist like the one found in Croteam’s Talos Principle (shoutout to Croteam, I met a few of them at PAX a few years back and they are awesome people with an awesome game). For those not familiar with it, when the player can make a jump a “footstep” symbol shows where the player will end up. If the player presses the jump button while the icon is visible they interpolate to the location, no precision required. This, of course, would be an opt-in feature; normal jumping would not be affected. Let me know if this sounds like something that you would use in the comments.

Of these fixes, very few of the issues are described as VR-specific. Even if only 10% of players run into the non-VR bugs while 100% of players using VR run into the VR bugs, fat lot of good that does you if you're among that 10% that needs the fix to continue.

The developer needs to offer downloads of the patches to donors who don't want to use Steam. Otherwise he should refund the donors' money if they're not able to play due to a glitch fixed in a Steam-only patch.

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1126828
10/01/17 05:05 PM
10/01/17 05:05 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline OP
Draclvr  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Most of the complaints on the forums at Steam reference VR. Couldn't agree more - if the game is offered elsewhere, the patches should also be available elsewhere.

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1126908
10/02/17 12:26 PM
10/02/17 12:26 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
"....if the game is offered elsewhere, the patches should also be available elsewhere"

My sentiments exactly !! duh

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Mad] #1127692
10/09/17 04:12 PM
10/09/17 04:12 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Well, over a week ago, I used the address Draclvr provided for me and contacted the developer - but so far haven't even had the courtesy of a reply rolleyes

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1127696
10/09/17 04:24 PM
10/09/17 04:24 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline OP
Draclvr  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Mad, where did you purchase the game from? I will ask the developer on the Steam forums. He is very good about responding there. I just remembered that you purchased the DRM free version at Humble. I will ask as he has also introduced a few patches that address gameplay.

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1127699
10/09/17 04:55 PM
10/09/17 04:55 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Draclvr
I just remembered that you purchased the DRM free version at Humble.

I don't believe it's actually being sold at Humble.
However if you donated to the Kickstarter and requested the DRM-free version, the download came from Humble.

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1127700
10/09/17 05:04 PM
10/09/17 05:04 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline OP
Draclvr  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Ah, I see. Mad had just said that she downloaded it from Humble as soon as it was available and then burned to a disk.

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1127704
10/09/17 07:03 PM
10/09/17 07:03 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
To tell the truth, without going to my Kickstarter account to check, I can't remember what I did or did not do about Xing in the very beginning woozy

But once it was released I was able to download it from Humble to get the DRM Free version and burn it to disk. So I must have paid money for it somewhere along the way !!

But whatever .... All this nonsense about only offering necessary patches to Steam customers is appalling, in my opinion shame

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1127705
10/09/17 07:11 PM
10/09/17 07:11 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline OP
Draclvr  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Here is the response from Falco...

Quote:
I was thinking about updating the Humble version pretty soon. It's pretty tough to be single handedly handling the updates so far. Since she purchased the game already I'm not opposed to you just copying your Steam version over to her (it may be from Steam but it is DRM free)

I responded that you will not use Steam for any reason due to a bad past experience, but that I would pass on that he may update the Humble version soon.

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1127738
10/09/17 11:33 PM
10/09/17 11:33 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Good news from my end also !!

After sending a second email, I got a reply and an apology and word that I will shortly be able to download the latest version from Humble joy

So I will be sending a "thank you" and I owe you a "thank you" too, Draclvr rah

I've done this post via my iPad so please excuse any errors !!

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1127739
10/10/17 12:17 AM
10/10/17 12:17 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline OP
Draclvr  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Sweet! Excellent news, Mad... this is definitely a brilliant game.

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1127784
10/10/17 02:25 PM
10/10/17 02:25 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
I just had another email telling me the updated version might take a while to arrive at Humble - because it's so big - but that doesn't bother me now I know it will BECOME available smile

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1127786
10/10/17 02:59 PM
10/10/17 02:59 PM
Great Lakes Region
mrbill Offline
Addicted Boomer
mrbill  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Great Lakes Region
Hi guys,

I'm not sure what you are discussing will affect me or not, but I downloaded a copy last week from Humble, but due to writing a certain walkthrough, I have not had time to try it. I too downloaded the DRM Free copy (some 4 +GB)/ Will this new update be something I need to deal with also?

Mr. Bill

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1127787
10/10/17 03:10 PM
10/10/17 03:10 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline OP
Draclvr  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Sounds to me like the post at Steam was just the nudge that Falco needed for you Humblers!

The updated version at Humble will include all the game patches... some fixed bugs and some fixed issues with the VR. One patch that a lot of people are appreciating is the addition of "jump assist" for the platforming parts of the game. The developer is responding to gamers and their requests virtually immediately!

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: mrbill] #1127791
10/10/17 04:16 PM
10/10/17 04:16 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: mrbill
Hi guys,

I'm not sure what you are discussing will affect me or not, but I downloaded a copy last week from Humble, but due to writing a certain walkthrough, I have not had time to try it. I too downloaded the DRM Free copy (some 4 +GB)/ Will this new update be something I need to deal with also?

Mr. Bill

Humble will be getting the updated version, and yes I definitely think that you should obtain it when it is available.

Re: Xing The Land Beyond [Re: Draclvr] #1127971
10/11/17 09:45 PM
10/11/17 09:45 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Didn't know there were "platforming parts". Glad to hear there will be a "jump assist" as I hope to purchase this game one day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Graphium_Studio), 230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users