GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Edna & Harvey games, thoughts (and sale - ended) #1126640
09/30/17 04:39 AM
09/30/17 04:39 AM
Finland
T
TJL Offline OP
Settled Boomer
TJL  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
T

Finland
Hi,

I replayed "Edna & Harvey: The Breakout" this week.

Couple of years back at phase when Edna, Harvey and other inmates had just escaped the asylum I lost my save files at a HDD break and I never had any lust to replay it from start.

This week I finally found motivation for a replay. It really is challenging to twist your brain to same frequency with Edna, Harvey and other inmates to try whatever solution pops in your (or their) mind. Many things you do or try also lead to some hilarious conversation or comment.

I tried to play it through without any help of walkthrough, but I had to give up once. I had already played through that point at first time but didn't remember how to do it.
Click to reveal..
That point was how to start the food fight. I found the solution quite poor, simply trial and error, no hint anywhere as I expected.

Now it's turn for an action adventure but I'll take "Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes" after that.

One hint for you. My copy of "The Breakout" was DRM-free from years back and on Windows 10 I had to choose "Windows 7" in compatibility settings and also tick "Run as Administrator" to make it start properly. That's in case some of you get an inspiration to (re)play it.

Both Edna & Harvey games are currently on sale (ending Oct 2nd) at GOG, only 1.29/1.69 €. Those should work straight away on Windows 10.

Timo

Re: Edna & Harvey games, thoughts and sale [Re: TJL] #1126645
09/30/17 08:07 AM
09/30/17 08:07 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Glad you enjoyed it! Hope you like the next one just as much!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Edna & Harvey games, thoughts and sale [Re: TJL] #1126682
09/30/17 02:58 PM
09/30/17 02:58 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I enjoyed both of these games and plan a replay (someday).

Re: Edna & Harvey games, thoughts and sale [Re: TJL] #1128401
10/16/17 08:46 AM
10/16/17 08:46 AM
Finland
T
TJL Offline OP
Settled Boomer
TJL  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
T

Finland
I found the sequel "Harvey's New Eyes" much easier. Where the first one almost drove me crazy too, puzzles and solutions in this sequel were more logical and less complicated, some almost too predictable. In this game the main protagonist is another girl, Lilli, Edna is more like a side character. It took so long for Harvey to appear that I already started wondering the title. And it was only near the end of the game Harvey got his new eyes and his 'normal' voice and endless energy back. Another 'crazy' voice talent to mention is the convent cook. I liked this game well for those couple of bucks it cost in sale.

Timo

Re: Edna & Harvey games, thoughts and sale [Re: TJL] #1128418
10/16/17 10:23 AM
10/16/17 10:23 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks so much for your thoughts on the game, Timo. This one is in my GOG purchase history - someone gave me a code to pick it up for free, in fact. It sounds like a game that I would enjoy.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 334 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users