GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#1133428 - 11/29/17 08:14 AM Re: New RPG from the makers of the Gothic series [Re: Tracy]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I would say the Gothic games are similar to stuff like Morrowind and Oblivion .... but more so from the second game onward yes

And they do have plenty of "story" content. Which is what I like thumbsup

[The original Gothic had slightly less "easy to handle" controls. But I managed them so they can't be too bad lol]

I have a Gothic Collection of (I think) 5 games now and have played two and a half of them so far - and have to say they are definitely my type of RPG smile

#1133500 - 11/29/17 04:51 PM Re: New RPG from the makers of the Gothic series [Re: Marian]
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Campbell River, B.C. Canada
Tracy, the Gothics are great games, but not really as "open world" as the Elder Scrolls; in the first two games in the series the world is smaller, though somehow that doesn't matter because the content is so good. Also, the first two Gothics are a little rougher around the edges in terms of visual polish. But in terms of story and re-playability, they are awesome games and well worth playing, especially if you can get them cheap. Loads of fun and highly recommended by this Boomer.

Edited by hagatha (11/29/17 04:52 PM)

#1133517 - 11/29/17 06:27 PM Re: New RPG from the makers of the Gothic series [Re: Marian]
Tracy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Delaware
Thanks SO much for your replies, Mad and Hagatha! I appreciate hearing the details because I tend to just look at screenshots and buy stuff based on them, but I want to pare down my impulse buying (lol) so this really helps. urock

Tracy

#1133564 - 11/30/17 07:11 AM Re: New RPG from the makers of the Gothic series [Re: Tracy]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

I'm pretty sure it was comments from hagatha about the Gothic games that made me want to play them.
I seem to like most games she recommends thumbsup

[Thanks, hagatha !! grin]

#1133587 - 11/30/17 12:46 PM Re: New RPG from the makers of the Gothic series [Re: Tracy]
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: Tracy
I want to pare down my impulse buying (lol). Tracy

Yeah, I get that. I have dozens of games in my GOG and Steam libraries I don't even remember buying! blush

Edited by hagatha (11/30/17 12:47 PM)

#1133612 - 11/30/17 04:05 PM Re: New RPG from the makers of the Gothic series [Re: hagatha]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Better than not having enough games, though, eh ?? wink

#1133652 - 11/30/17 11:52 PM Re: New RPG from the makers of the Gothic series [Re: Marian]
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

So I'm now a level 27 Berserker Paladin. I use mostly magic and bow and arrows, though I do admit to the occasional use of my grenade launcher and sometimes my laser cannon. And yes, a bow and arrows, with sufficient skill and upgraded equipment, can take down a combat robot. Even better is the Fireball spell. Mechs of any kind don't stand a chance against that.

I just found a Thieves Guild of sorts, with several quests to do. At this point, I'm broke. My Paladin armour was so expensive I barely had enough left for arrows. Fortunately, this game repopulates beasts, and they do seem to be levelled to some extent.

EDIT: Correction; enemies levelled to a large extent. All of a sudden there are Trolls everywhere! BTW, many of the beasts are the same as in Gothic, but with slightly different names. Biters=Snappers, eg.

EDIT: Okay, wait...what's that soft pretty music? What's...what's....is that a ROMANCE in a Piranha Bytes game?

Anyway, it's a good game and don't be put off by the technology stuff. I'm playing a straight-up mage/archer just as I did in Gothic.

EDIT: Game finished at level 36 but you could quickly grind up indefinitely until you maxed out all skills if you felt a burning desire to do so). I would give this game a 7.5 out of 10. Lots of replay value, good value for the money. Fun.

Edited by hagatha (12/06/17 08:12 PM)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  looney4labs, Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (colpet, ergggo, curly, Jarkeld, connie, Iurii), 112 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Zorkmid57, StuDapples, SweetLulu, Lion_1251, phimestudio
8978 Registered Users