GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller #1130105
10/29/17 10:25 PM
10/29/17 10:25 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Uncover secrets and save your friends in this dark humorous psychological thriller!

Check out the Free Prologue Download here on their Kickstarter page.

Quote:
Description

A Near Dawn is a charmingly devastating psychological thriller with amusing highs, gut-wrenching crashes, and mature themes. When Seattle-based attorney, Sam Nichols - a victim to some disturbing psychological difficulties - takes on an important new case, he finds himself exposed to progressively dire circumstances that threaten to unravel his reality and destroy those closest to him. With his mentor's firm on the brink of collapse, Sam will have to take on a ruthless multinational corporation being protected by some of the vilest people imaginable. The odds already seem slim, but you will soon learn that things were never as they appeared - as an even deeper conspiracy begins to emerge. Where will you find yourself if you keep untangling the threads to this mystery? You must be brave to uncover the truth! Our Prologue introduces some of the key characters, the setting, and hints at the challenges ahead, but stopping short of telling you exactly what to expect. The case seems typical. It isn't. One of the concepts for this title was to start from present day, reality as we know it, and progress down a deep well of mysteries.

History

A Near Dawn is a character-driven psychological thriller point and click visual novel adventure with one part darkness and two parts humor. We have always loved traditional adventure games with their immersive, colorful and often emotional journeys, so it should be no surprise that our project is greatly inspired by the Broken Sword, Blackwell, and Ace Attorney series, as well as darker titles such as Steins;Gate and even Twin Peaks. We feel very passionately about the story and characters of A Near Dawn. This is a very ambitious project that has been in development on and off for three years at our small independent studio. There is so much that we want to do with it, but a lot of that may unfortunately come down to the support we can receive with our upcoming KickStarter campaign.

Features

Beautiful artwork and animations rendered in 1080p
Immersive cinematics with frame-by-frame art
Original soundtrack composed for the game
Fully voiced audio provided by exceptionally talented actors
Point and Click interface with puzzles to solve - the flow of this game is inspired by traditional adventure games
Dynamic decisions that alter the course of your interactions with others - be they rewards or consequences for your actions
Psychological tension - the main character has a darker personality who will come to the surface if you feed that darkness with the decisions you make
Multiple endings - there is one true ending, but your successes or failures can take you off course, leading you to a different resolution
Episodic narrative - this is a full game, but it is part of an ambitious project with a far-reaching storyline
Remarkable cast
Delightful humor

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1130108
10/29/17 11:02 PM
10/29/17 11:02 PM
Canada
LeonDaydreamer Offline
Shy Boomer
LeonDaydreamer  Offline
Shy Boomer

Canada
Thank you so much Ana for introducing my project! smile

I thought I will introduce myself as well, since I'm fairly new in the Adventure Games community.
My name is Leon ( @LeonDaydreamer ), I am an artist, writer and animator. I worked for a long time on TV cartoons like Ugly Americans and Jimmy Two-Shoes.

I've been dreaming of making an adventure game since I was a kid - pretty much since I first discovered Monkey Island 2, and then later Broken Sword 2 (my all-time favourite). Don't ask me why I kept stumbling on the sequels before the originals, but they are such a part of my childhood and the feelings I have associated with these games are of pure joy! Somehow, I'm all grown up and I have just released the Prologue (Demo) AND even launched a KickStarter for my game. Things have been exciting and a little overwhelming (this is both my first big independent project AND my first crowdfunding campaign).

I hope you guys have a chance to check out my Prologue and campaign, and if you do I would love to hear your thoughts! And if you'd like to ask me anything, I'm here. smile

Thank you!

Last edited by LeonDaydreamer; 10/29/17 11:42 PM.
Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1130133
10/30/17 08:13 AM
10/30/17 08:13 AM
Kiev, Ukraine
Iurii Offline
Addicted Boomer
Iurii  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kiev, Ukraine
Thanks - and good luck to Leon smile

Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1130135
10/30/17 09:12 AM
10/30/17 09:12 AM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
welcome Leon! The game looks great, love the artwork! I wish you much success.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1130145
10/30/17 10:24 AM
10/30/17 10:24 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
The same goes for me, too !!!! luck

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1130175
10/30/17 05:32 PM
10/30/17 05:32 PM
Canada
LeonDaydreamer Offline
Shy Boomer
LeonDaydreamer  Offline
Shy Boomer

Canada
Thank you guys! smile

I've been writing a little bit about how I've gotten into making this project and what it means to me.
You can read it here if you are interested.

Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1130556
11/03/17 01:39 PM
11/03/17 01:39 PM
Canada
LeonDaydreamer Offline
Shy Boomer
LeonDaydreamer  Offline
Shy Boomer

Canada
Hi guys, I wrote a post about inspiration in my storytelling. smile

https://leondaydream.wordpress.com/2017/11/01/inspiration-for-your-original-story/

"... I grew up on adventure games: Monkey Island, Indiana Jones – and later Broken Sword, Blackwell, Ace Attorney. I adore these stories and have an association of pure joy with them, mostly because they are a part of my childhood. These games inspire me, because their writing is clever and their storylines are imaginative. Everyone has a different set of works that set the bar for them, whether films, books, or games – and in my mind, these are the ones that I will always be working towards within my work. I don’t need to deconstruct them or reverse-engineer them to know what’s great about them, I know it all of that by heart, just as I am sure you do with your selection. These tell their story like any other, but they reinforce it with this charming, quirky humour that is the true genius behind them – their personality. I have a theory about eccentricity, it really sets work apart and in my opinion makes it more memorable..."

Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1131413
11/10/17 09:51 PM
11/10/17 09:51 PM
Canada
LeonDaydreamer Offline
Shy Boomer
LeonDaydreamer  Offline
Shy Boomer

Canada
Wow, we are up to 50% funded on our KickStarter Campaign!

We will definitely need more support to get to our goal, though.
Please help share and support our campaign!  :)

Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1131415
11/10/17 10:18 PM
11/10/17 10:18 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I hope you get a big boost Leon!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1131485
11/11/17 02:12 PM
11/11/17 02:12 PM
Canada
LeonDaydreamer Offline
Shy Boomer
LeonDaydreamer  Offline
Shy Boomer

Canada
Thank you Ana! I really hope so too! I'm definitely going to need it... smile

By the way, I just did a really in-depth interview about my game with IndieGraze:
https://www.indiegraze.com/2017/11/10/interview-a-near-dawns-leonid-pilchin/

"... there is no question in my mind that you need something for a character to stay with your audience. Everyone knows that instinctively, if they think about their favorite characters – I mention Peter Lorre from The Maltese Falcon in my post, but I can just as easily talk about Jack Sparrow, an immensely beloved character. And probably eccentricity is not the perfect word, but definitely personality..."

It was my first interview ever, and the questions were VERY detailed. It was kind of challenging addressing all the points they raised! razz

Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1131492
11/11/17 03:43 PM
11/11/17 03:43 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Great interview!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1131580
11/12/17 06:20 PM
11/12/17 06:20 PM
Canada
LeonDaydreamer Offline
Shy Boomer
LeonDaydreamer  Offline
Shy Boomer

Canada
Thanks Ana! smile

One other piece of news (as I keep looking for ways of making the campaign more enticing):

Update #9: ANDROID For All!

The gist of it is that all our backers on Kickstarter at and above the Early Wakeup tier will receive a complimentary copy of the game on Android (for themselves or a friend) in addition to their other rewards! smile

Kickstarter Update #10: Mysteries and Science Fiction in A Near Dawn - well, like it says, in our latest update I talk about some of the mysteries and science fiction in our story! I also mention another of my major influences (can you guess what it is?).  :)

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 11/15/17 06:58 PM. Reason: combined stacked posts
Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1132717
11/22/17 07:49 AM
11/22/17 07:49 AM
Canada
LeonDaydreamer Offline
Shy Boomer
LeonDaydreamer  Offline
Shy Boomer

Canada
Hey guys!
We're coming down to the last hours on our Kickstarter Campaign. It's been a wild ride, but we're still only at about 60% of the mark, and will need a lot more support to reach our goal.

Also, there is now a Russian version of our Prologue, as well - You can find it on our Itch.io page... you know, if you're into Russian. razz

Please consider sharing and supporting our project, we only have a short while left on our campaign!

Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1133095
11/25/17 03:46 AM
11/25/17 03:46 AM
Canada
LeonDaydreamer Offline
Shy Boomer
LeonDaydreamer  Offline
Shy Boomer

Canada
Hi guys, so our Kickstarter campaign wrapped up at 76% ~ we didn't quite reach our goal, but thanks for the support over the past few weeks! smile

Re: Announcing A Near Dawn - A Psychological Thriller [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1133121
11/25/17 10:50 AM
11/25/17 10:50 AM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I'm sorry you were unable to get funding. Will you still be able to continue on with development?

Ana

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 256 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users