#1131752 - 11/13/17 07:09 PM
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Headup announces the visually stunning adventure game "Trüberbrook". Kickstarter Campaign starting today!
Check out the Kickstarter here.
Check out the video here
Visit the official website here.
Together with the production company btf, also located in Germany, Headup Games announces the atmospheric mystery adventure game Trüberbrook. Truber-what? Well, imagine “Twin Peaks” meeting “The X-Files”, but in rural cold-war Germany.
During the estimated gameplay length of 7 to 10 hours, the player takes the role of young American physicist Hans Tannhauser, who, while actually on a holiday, dives into the everyday life of the mysterious village of Trüberbrook – just to find out he hadn’t got there by accident. He’s here to save the world!
Today, November 14th (starting 10am GMT), Trüberbrooks Kickstarter campaign will go live; ending on 14th December. We appreciate any postings on social networks and gaming websites about this unique project. Please also watch and share the brand new Kickstarter trailer (but also, not before tomorrow please):
Trüberbrook is produced by btf from Germany, mostly known for their infamous late night show “Neo Magazin Royale” in German TV with Jan Böhmermann. The game was co-funded by the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg and will be published by Headup Games. The release is scheduled for late 2018 for Windows, Mac, Linux (all DRM free & via Steam), PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in both English and German versions.
In order to immerse the player to the fullest, the team chose to physically build the world we envisioned, resulting an a unique, distinct visual style. All of our scenic sets are genuinely handmade. 'Handmade' as in: 'Manufactured using real hands! And fingers! Not the most efficient way of doing things, but we're loving it! Every little detail is custom built, meticulously crafted, piece by piece, painted, arranged, rearranged and put into boxes in between. If you were wondering...yes, there is glue involved. Lots of glue!'
Our backers can look forward to some great hand-picked rewards, like a limited, kickstarter-exclusive boxed edition filled with goodies as well as the opportunity to spice up your home with set pieces from the actual game. You may even have your portrait drawn by our character designer and become a part of the village’s ancestral gallery! But first and foremost, our backers can expect an outstanding game in exchange for their support!
Imagine yourself on a vacation to Europe in the late sixties. Now, picture yourself as a young American scientist; Hans Tannhauser. Yes, that’s your name in this scenario. While you’re at it, think of Trüberbrook, a remote village in rural, mountain-sloped and densely forested cold-war Germany. Because, that’s where you somehow end up after hitting the continent. But who cares, you won the trip in a lottery! Or at least, that’s how it seems. But don’t fear, instead of getting some rest, you could find yourself having to save the world…
Besides lovely created characters and a moody soundtrack, the game’s most striking feature may be its unique, distinct visual style. In order to immerse the player to the fullest, we chose to physically build the world we envisioned. All of our scenic sets are genuinely handmade. 'Handmade' as in: 'Manufactured using real hands! And fingers! Not the most efficient way of doing things, but we're loving it! Every little detail is custom built, meticulously crafted, piece by piece, painted, arranged, rearranged and put into boxes in between. If you were wondering...yes, there is glue involved. Lots of glue. By the sweat of our brows, we think it’s worth it.'
The models are digitized using a technique called photogrammetry and later retopologized, digitally polished and then blended with animated characters, visual effects and set extensions.
This way the developers aim to achieve an exceptional and magical look that visually reflects the world of Trüberbrook.
• Suspense! Thrills! Mystery! After all, it’s a single player adventure game. We want to keep you entertained.
• Inspired by Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Stranger Things & Star Trek
• Never-seen-before clash of genres : Sci-Fi, “Heimatfilm” and mystery
• Join American physics student Tannhauser, stranger in a strange land (cold-war rural Germany)
• Challenging puzzles!
• All kinds of strange village residents and spa guests, many eccentric characters that’ll grow on you
• Indulging in universal themes such as love, friendship, loyalty, feeling disconnected from home, self-discovery and dinosaurs
• Handmade miniature scenery: From the rotten boat rental to the cozy old-fashioned guesthouse, caves and woods, everything is in there
• Digitized scenery through the mysterious technique of photogrammetry
• English and German localization with full voice acting!
• An atmospheric, moody soundtrack
• Versions for Windows, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, PlayStation®4 & Nintendo Switch
• A likely mobile port at a later time.
• Up to 10 hours of super exciting, seamless gameplay
• Release scheduled for late 2018 – not the longest wait!
Don't feed the Trolls