GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1132376 - 11/19/17 08:09 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marinus_Louis Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: The Netherlands, thne city of ...
Hi Sandford:

I have always known that a good text walk-through sell a game. It's a pitty I don't get any support from the game developers, but then again...I have never ask them. DarkestVille Castle is a nice game to play and not that difficult, it's a bit like A Vampyre Story. I have uploaded an updated version of this walk-through today. It's not completely finised yet, but I think that in a couple of days it wil be. I wil post it here on gameboomers when the walk-through is finished.

Regards: Louis Koot

By the way...is it walkthrough or is it walk-through?

#1132377 - 11/19/17 08:16 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: Marinus_Louis]
RebKean Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sweden
Originally Posted By: Marinus_Louis
Hi Sandford:

I have always known that a good text walk-through sell a game. It's a pitty I don't get any support from the game developers, but then again...I have never ask them. DarkestVille Castle is a nice game to play and not that difficult, it's a bit like A Vampyre Story. I have uploaded an updated version of this walk-through today. It's not completely finised yet, but I think that in a couple of days it wil be. I wil post it here on gameboomers when the walk-through is finished.

By the way...is it walkthrough or is it walk-through?

Hi. What support don't you get?

I made a video walkthrough for my game, since it was easier for me to do that (bad back among other things), but I know many prefer it in text anyway.
So I applaud those that take the time to do this. It's hard work.

I write "walkthrough", but then again, English is not my first language. blush

#1132528 - 11/20/17 04:08 PM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
Thanks for your reply, Louis,
I see now that you have completed your Darkestville Castle WT,and I just printed out the final chapter and added it to the previous text wt. I'm almost done with Chapter 2, so this comes exactly at the right time for me. LOVE this gaame, and YES< it's much like Vampyre Story, which I also enjoyed. Thank You.
Sandy (Sanford)

#1132531 - 11/20/17 06:20 PM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Murphy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Roswell, GA,USA
Thanks very much for posting, Ana!
And thanks, Louis, for your good work!
It's a much-needed resource...(maybe you'll tackle Aporia, hehe?)
Very sorry to hear the news of Bert Jamin-very sad...He is/was a legend for us older Boomers.

Edited by Murphy (11/20/17 06:20 PM)

#1132572 - 11/21/17 02:42 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marinus_Louis Offline
Shy Boomer

Hi Sandford....Glad that I could be of some help. Enjoy the game

Hi Murphy....I have de game Aporia Beyond the Valley and have played it and finished it once. Its not an easy game and it's big. I couldn't do one of the puzzles, but as it turnt out that did not matter because I could finish the game anyway . The area's in the game are big en nice and divers, but the puzzles are complex en you'll do a lot of running around to solve them. Also you can die in the game and you can't save at will, If I remember corectly Aporia saves at checkpoints. I wanted to try to do a walkthrough for Aporia, but then they gave me Obduction and then Xing the Land Beyond and those two games got priority.

#1132595 - 11/21/17 09:20 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Murphy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Roswell, GA,USA
Good points...I'm playing for the second time, and I don't know if it's inevitable you get caught by the "specter", but it usually deposits you close by. I'm hoping to find all of glass shard pieces for the mosaic this time. Don't know if that's what you were referring to, but not getting them the first time didn't stop me from finishing the game...
The multiple locations of the world here and in Quern certainly made them fun to play, though.

#1132605 - 11/21/17 10:36 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marinus_Louis Offline
Shy Boomer

Hi Murphy

Yes the glass shart pieces I din't do because that specter got in the way and he was getting on my nerves. So I skipt it and it wasn't a problem for finishing the game. Got a lot of games lying around of wich I promised to do a walkthrough for.....just haven't found the time to do them, so these are for next year....the are:

-Alicia Griffith Lake Side Murder (kind of casual game but a nice one)
-Blackwood Crossings
-Conarium (difficult game)
-Empathy Path of Whispers (difficult game)
-Guardians of Gold (Free game)
-Her Majesty Spiffing (episodic..got the first episode)
-Prominence

But first Painscreek Killings and then it is time to go on Cristmas leave and spent quality time with my family, if I don't want that my wife will take my computers away

Louis Koot

#1132607 - 11/21/17 10:40 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: Marinus_Louis]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Take your computers away, Louis? Now there's a scary thought. lol

#1132611 - 11/21/17 11:22 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
eek eek eek

#1133328 - 11/28/17 08:22 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: Marinus_Louis]
Lion_1251 Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hello Gameboomers,

Let me introduce myself, in de first post of Marinus_Louis he mentioned a co-writer and I am that co-writer.
My Name is Dick Leeuw, i'm 65 years old and i'm not used ti write in English so my grammar and spelling will sometimes be wrong.
The first games I played were Myst and Reah, whenever I needed I used the walkthroughs of Louis Koot.
In 2015 I bought the game Montague's Mount and I couldn't find a text walkthrough, not even in English.
So I tried to write a walkthrough myself, Louis was so kind to place that one on his website. The second one was Homesick and the next one was Lumino City.
All these you can find on the website www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl
The first game that we did together was I believe The Eyes of Ara, Louis makes the screenshots and I write the text. The next one was Quern-Undying Thoughs, followed by Obduction and Xing-The Land Beyond. I just finished the text for The PainscreekKillings.

In between I made the walkthroughs for The Room 1 and 2.

The reason that I like text walkthrough ove video walkthroughs is tha most of them gives the solution of the puzzle and not how and why they come to that solution and I like to understand the how and why of the puzzle ans the solution.

I hpoe the walkthroughs are helpfull for you, it is a lot of work but it is also fun to do.

I will start with Syberia 3.

Have fun

Dick

#1133335 - 11/28/17 09:57 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
welcome to GameBoomers Dick! Thank you so much for writing and sharing your walkthroughs! Much appreciated!

Ana wave

#1133336 - 11/28/17 09:59 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: Lion_1251]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

welcome to GameBoomers, Lion_1251 (Dick). Thank you so much for posting and introducing yourself so that we can get acquainted.

As I have said before, I truly admire and appreciate walkthrough writers - it involves a lot of work and intelligence. Most of our members here prefer written walkthroughs over video walkthroughs, and I agree completely that it's often difficult to discern the how and why of a puzzle solution while watching a video.

And a note to Louis: I have always seen walkthrough as one word, without a hyphen. smile

#1133343 - 11/28/17 11:11 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Lion_1251 Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi Marian,

I am glad that I share the work with Louis otherwise it would take so much more time.

#1133347 - 11/28/17 11:29 AM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: Lion_1251]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Originally Posted By: Lion_1251
Hi Marian,

I am glad that I share the work with Louis otherwise it would take so much more time.

Very true! A collaborative effort is a good thing. thumbsup

#1133353 - 11/28/17 02:02 PM Re: Text Walkthrough Website [Re: Marian]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I agree. Your collaboration is splendid !! laugh

And thank you both very much for the text walkthroughs .... SO many of us prefer them happydance

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (curly, bermag45, meryl), 130 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Zorkmid57, StuDapples, SweetLulu, Lion_1251, phimestudio
8978 Registered Users