GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How did everyone get into adventure gaming? #113212
02/19/04 04:51 PM
02/19/04 04:51 PM
The Netherlands
Erwin_Br Offline
Shy Boomer
Erwin_Br  Offline
Shy Boomer

The Netherlands
My first adventure game must've been KQ3. I didn't especially look for adventure games back then until I played Sam and Max. Needless to say I bacame a fan of the genre. I still enjoy the comical, lighthearted adventure games (like Sam and Max and DOTT) the most, but as I grew older I started playing (and enjoying) a lot of serious adventure games (like Gabriel Knight) too.

--Erwin

Learn more about our forthcoming classic point & click comedy adventure: Bad Timing !
Re: How did everyone get into adventure gaming? #113213
02/19/04 05:36 PM
02/19/04 05:36 PM
florida
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer
bigmamma1  Offline
Settled Boomer

florida
happydance Almost 2 years ago tried my 1st Adv. game:Myst of course. Then discovered the discussion forums, Walkthrus,review sites, ect. and from then on thoroughly hooked. Have BAAGed about 55 older games and played about 27 of 'em.

Don't think I'll ever run out of games to play- there are so many I havn't played yet laugh

Like action games too-namely Tomb Raider and Thief, also have played 1 Indiana Jones game: Infernal Machine. Can anyone reccommend any others that are similar to these?

People do not remember how much you know,only how you make them feel
finished Gray Matter, playing Alice Madness returns and Deponia
Re: How did everyone get into adventure gaming? #113214
02/19/04 06:39 PM
02/19/04 06:39 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
I was shopping for kid's edutainment software at Price Club/Costco eight years ago when I saw a copy of Myst sitting on the other side of the table. There was only one copy left, and the picture on the box looked pretty interesting.

As I was going over to get a closer look at it, another shopper grabbed it and dashed away with it. For some reason, this made owning the game absolutely irresistable.

The next time I saw it I bought it.

Re: How did everyone get into adventure gaming? #113215
02/19/04 07:34 PM
02/19/04 07:34 PM
Glennville, Ga., USA
Albert Offline
Addicted Boomer
Albert  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Glennville, Ga., USA
I bought my first home PC in 1990 just to learn how to use one. DOS 3.3 with 386Max anyone? Whoa, hot stuff! I don't remember how I started playing games, a lark probably, but I started off with things like F19 Stealth Fighter, M1 Tank Platoon, and Wing Commander. Pretty much all strategy/simulation type games. It didn't take long to fill up the 65 meg (yes, that's MEG, not GIG) RLL hard drive, so I started looking at options. About this time there was a new gadget called a CD-ROM drive coming out. CD software was fairly rare and expensive at the time, so a common marketing tactic was to offer CD bundles with the drives at a reduced price. Then I saw saw one with a Gamer Pack, four games including Wing Commander which I was playing at the time. So I bought a state of the art 1X CD drive as a way to keep stuff of the hard drive and free up some room. Well, one of the games in the bundle was The Secret of Monkey Island. Never heard of it, and probably would never have bought it otherwise. Then I played it. The wit, the humor, the exploration and story instantly had me. I've been an avid adventure gamer ever since and never looked back. smile

Albert

Re: How did everyone get into adventure gaming? #113216
02/19/04 11:08 PM
02/19/04 11:08 PM
Oregon
rockingrjranch Offline
Settled Boomer
rockingrjranch  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oregon
I started with Myst and the rest was history. The games that really hooked me were The Longest Journey and Syberia. I just kept looking for more. I do want to add that having this forum and meeting people from all over the world that have the same interests have made my day and the gaming life more enjoyable.

Nancy
While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, thousands of pixels were inconvenienced. smile
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 270 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users