GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Older game: Lebacy Tales: Forgotten Gates #1132444
11/19/17 10:25 PM
11/19/17 10:25 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I stumbled upon this game today while looking for a Legacy game mentioned in another thread (Legacy: Forgotten Gates), and decided to give it a try. It is an interesting and moody pirate-themed game with some nice quirks and unusual ideas. The only problem with it is that it doesn't fill my screen (I have a 34" monitor). It centers itself in the middle of the monitor, leaving several inches blank all the way around. There aren't any options to change its size except to toggle between Full Screen or not. If I toggle, it will switch to filling the whole monitor screen, but so zoomed in that it sends all the information in the "frame" areas (Inventory Bar, Menu, Map, Hints, Progress, etc.) hidden completely off-screen.

I don't fancy changing my screen resolution back and forth, every time I want to play this game in between other things. I looked it up and it is a 2013 game. Seems too young to be presenting me with this kind of nonsense. What do you all think? Should I bail, and go back to looking for Legacy: Forgotten Gates? lol

Re: Older game: Lebacy Tales: Forgotten Gates [Re: Reenie] #1132445
11/19/17 10:46 PM
11/19/17 10:46 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
There's a game called "The Legacy: Forgotten Gates" but I can't find anything about a game called "Legacy Tales: Forgotten Gates."
There was a "Legacy Tales: Mercy of the Gallows" but that's the only "Legacy Tales" game I know of.

Originally Posted By: Reenie
I don't fancy changing my screen resolution back and forth, every time I want to play this game in between other things.

It's possible your video card allows per-game profile settings that would allow you to change resolution for that particular game, so it would be automatic when you start that game.

You might also check whether your monitor has display options that would allow scaling the image to the maximum size of the monitor but no further.

Re: Older game: Lebacy Tales: Forgotten Gates [Re: Jenny100] #1132514
11/20/17 01:03 PM
11/20/17 01:03 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Jenny. I was taught never to include "The" when listing things titles (such as for games, but really for any kind of list). Sorry if that was confusing to you. If you alphabetize a list by including any existing (The) or (A) that starts the titles, your list becomes an exercise in the ridiculous. Search engines ignore these, too.

I will see if my IT guy can figure out something. Otherwise, I guess I won't be playing this game. Too bad. I like the way they have executed it.

Re: Older game: Lebacy Tales: Forgotten Gates [Re: Reenie] #1132522
11/20/17 03:52 PM
11/20/17 03:52 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
The problem was the "Tales" in the title of the thread, not the "The."

Some of these games have such similar names that you can't be sure if something is a mistake or not.

I don't know what model monitor you have, but it may have "scaling", "aspect", or "wide mode" options in the menu (depends on the model of the monitor). You might be able to find a pdf of the monitor manual online and check that.

Re: Older game: Lebacy Tales: Forgotten Gates [Re: Jenny100] #1132677
11/21/17 09:50 PM
11/21/17 09:50 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks. We may do that.

In the meantime, I replayed a game called Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison over the last couple of days. It is an excellent game and great fun to replay even though I played it only last year. It has no flashy sound track or cinematic scenes, no "map" function to help you buzz around fast, no voices/voice acting at all, no Collectibles and Morphing objects (and hence no pop-ups). It seems primitive, in that sense. However, what it DOES have is lots of challenging puzzles. happydance These are pretty pesky, paper-and-pencil type puzzles. Delicious! It is a puzzle-lovers game, not for folks who like to do HO scenes and find collectibles.

At the end of the game, there was more than a hint of a sequel. In fact, in the final scene, they have my character volunteering to join the research group that is pursuing and trying to understand all these older spirits. They say, "She will join us in the next quest." I searched BF, but could find no sequel. I think the game came out way back in 2010 (The Dark Ages! ha ha), so if there is no sequel by now, I guesse it didn't sell well enough?

Re: Older game: Lebacy Tales: Forgotten Gates [Re: Reenie] #1132678
11/21/17 10:05 PM
11/21/17 10:05 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Isn't Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn the sequel? I have not played it but have noted next to it on my list that it is a "buggy" game.

Re: Older game: Lebacy Tales: Forgotten Gates [Re: oldbroad] #1132679
11/21/17 10:09 PM
11/21/17 10:09 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: oldbroad
Isn't Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn the sequel? I have not played it but have noted next to it on my list that it is a "buggy" game.

Yes, that is the sequel. I notice that there was an update to the game that fixed multiple issues, so maybe that's been sorted, although I do not know for sure.

Re: Older game: Lebacy Tales: Forgotten Gates [Re: Reenie] #1132683
11/21/17 10:40 PM
11/21/17 10:40 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
According to my list I bought Witch's Prison back in 2011. I've played it at least 3 times, and I remember I enjoyed it very much the first time I played it, but for some reason the most recent time I played it, I didn't enjoy it as much as previously. I don't remember why though. I also have The Turning Thorn. I thought it was disappointing after Witch's Prison. There doesn't seem to be a 3rd one in the Nightmare Adventures series.

https://www.bigfishgames.com/games/8038/nightmare-adventures-the-turning-thorn/

Re: Older game: Lebacy Tales: Forgotten Gates [Re: Marian] #1132694
11/21/17 11:43 PM
11/21/17 11:43 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Marian, Thanks for the info. I knew you'd have the scoop on this! smile

I actually did try The Turning Thorn over a year ago, but because I played the two games at the same point in time, I don't think I realized Thorn was the sequel! crazy I never finished it because it was SO buggy that I had to bail mid-game and apply for a Game Coupon. I never heard that a "fix" was issued. I think I will go back and give it a second chance.

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I also have The Turning Thorn. I thought it was disappointing after Witch's Prison.

Jenny, say it isn't so!

Re: Older game: Lebacy Tales: Forgotten Gates [Re: Reenie] #1132697
11/22/17 12:08 AM
11/22/17 12:08 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Reenie, the update for Turning Thorn is several years old. It sounds like you had problems with the game after the update, unfortunately. Still, it might be worth a try.

Re: Older game: Lebacy Tales: Forgotten Gates [Re: Marian] #1132698
11/22/17 01:00 AM
11/22/17 01:00 AM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Oh darn, I think you may be right about the timing. Guess there isn't much point in trying it after all . . .

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 195 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users